PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony trial

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

my little pony
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
one of the scientific experts already testified about how due to the silt etc, they can tell that the body had been there for some time and not moved although parts were dragged away by animals. imo to try and say the meter reader kept moving the remains would be one more thing that makes the defense look less credible.

Marge_Simpson
06-15-2011, 03:50 PM
The jury was dismissed this morning, and Cheney Mason has filed a motion for aquital. :rolleyes:
Judge Perry seemed fed up with the defense team's antics and declared a recess.
I am praying that when he comes back, this motion is DENIED.

my little pony
06-15-2011, 03:53 PM
it isn't a laughing matter but it cracks me up when cheney insists there is no proof of homicide, like children are often not reported missing then found in a field with duct tape over where their noses and mouths used to be. nothing the defense suggests has any element of common sense to it. if i were on the jury, i would be insulted that they thought i was so stupid.

Marge_Simpson
06-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Motion denied!!!!!!!!!!!

AxelAnnie
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
^ I was getting a little nervous there listening to that.

Marge_Simpson
06-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Judge Perry rocks. :respec:

Latte
06-15-2011, 07:42 PM
^ Seriously?! Good gawd. Who in their right mind would believe that meter reader is such a brilliant mastermind that he would be able to find that body, hide it for months, no one finds out, then plants it again to "find it"? Now don't get me wrong, I believe with all my being that Casey killed that child. But you are on trial for your life and these are the idiots you hire to try to defend you?! I don't know if I'll be able to watch the "defense" of this case. I fear my head will explode from the crap they are going to try to spew forth as to what "really" happened and how poor little innocent Casey is just a pawn in the criminal master plan of that meter reader! [/sarcasam off/]

Seriously. I don't think I can handle watching it either.
I might just throw something through my tv screen!:eek:

Latte
06-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Judge Perry rocks. :respec:

Yeah he does, but I am still trying to understand why he allowed all those silly sidebars. There must have been at least 100 times as many as I have ever seen in any other trial. I keep expecting him to shut Baez down on that and say
No More Sidebars!
After all, this arguing about evidence was supposed to be ironed out in the Pre Trial, wasn't it?:rolleyes:

Cheylana
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
The jury was dismissed this morning, and Cheney Mason has filed a motion for aquital. :rolleyes:
Judge Perry seemed fed up with the defense team's antics and declared a recess.
I am praying that when he comes back, this motion is DENIED.
Not to stick up for the guy too much :lol: but in most states, for procedural reasons, the defense is pretty much obligated to file a motion to dismiss the charges after the prosecution rests, on the grounds of insufficient evidence to convict, even when it's ridiculous, otherwise it hampers their appeal after a conviction.

BaileyCatts
06-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Two things I was wondering ..... has Casey been in jail this entire time since July 2008 when the first 911 calls were made and they realized the whole kidnap story was a hoax?

We never hear about Caylee's other set of grandparents? I thought she said that the father was a high school friend who died in a car accident? Or was that a lie too?

judiz
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
As far as I know, the name of Caylee's father has never been mentioned, personally I think Caylee was a result of a one night stand and Casey has no idea who the father was.

As for jail, Casey was in and out of jail until she was charged with the death of Caylee. I'm not sure of the date though.

my little pony
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM
As far as I know, the name of Caylee's father has never been mentioned, personally I think Caylee was a result of a one night stand and Casey has no idea who the father was.

the story she has most frequently told about the father is that he was named iirc eric baker and he died in a car accident

i don't think she knows who it is, otherwise she would have been trying to get money from him imo

soxxy
06-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Seeing Baez had so much to say in his opening - a covered up drowning, sexual abuse, a man "holding on" to the body for months, etc., etc. - I expected him to start in a bigger way. He's going to have to attempt some explanation at some point.

Latte
06-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I agree. I don't think she knows who the father is and the death in a car accident is another lie of hers. I think she was only out of jail a week or 2 and she has been in jail almost the whole 3 years.

Frau Muller
06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
As far as I know, the name of Caylee's father has never been mentioned, personally I think Caylee was a result of a one night stand and Casey has no idea who the father was......

I kept wondering about that. Have they done a paternity DNA test on Casey's boyfriend at the time (I mean the official boyfriend - Tony Lazaro (sp?) - who was on the witness stand earlier)? That would be the obvious. I also thought that it was a bit creepy that the baby's name "Caylee" was a hybrid of Casey & Lee...brother and sister. Gives me the shivers at the thought...sorta like watching the Hubells ice dance! I've never heard of a mother naming her child after herself and her brother.