PDA

View Full Version : Caitlin Yankowskas

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

skamper23
06-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Someone should tell her there is one available partner training with John Zimmerman at the moment :P

Who would that be? I was wondering if JZ had any other top skaters training with him. (and sorry I haven't read the entire thread if this was mentioned before)

Sylvia
06-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Who would that be? I was wondering if JZ had any other top skaters training with him. (and sorry I haven't read the entire thread if this was mentioned before)
See the French skating news thread (he lists himself as 5'7" though): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3213949&postcount=567

DORISPULASKI
06-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Didn't Daniel Cassar skate with Haven Denney with Zimmerman last year? Haven went to Colorado with her sister, and Cassar is still in FL, AFAIK?

Sylvia
06-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I think you mean Daniel Raad. :) I don't know if he is still training Senior singles and/or pairs with Zimmerman in FL. I haven't seen his name listed in any club competitions yet. (I don't believe he considered "tall" for pair guy.)

ETA: I've been informed that Raad is now training (singles) with Richard Callaghan and Todd Eldredge at their rink near Naples, FL.

michiruwater
06-23-2011, 03:20 PM
But seeing the name Cassar and noting that she's in Detroit makes me really wish Jon Cassar would consider pairs. God, they would be absolutely beautiful together... I have no idea how tall he is though.

mgobluegirl
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
But seeing the name Cassar and noting that she's in Detroit makes me really wish Jon Cassar would consider pairs. God, they would be absolutely beautiful together... I have no idea how tall he is though.

My guess would be that Jonathan is about 5'7'' or 5'8''. He's also not in the Detroit area anymore.

ioana
06-23-2011, 09:03 PM
My guess would be that Jonathan is about 5'7'' or 5'8''. He's also not in the Detroit area anymore.

That, and his upper body isn't exactly built for pairs. Dance would be a smoother transition for someone like him. I'm sure he could 'buff up' enough to do some lifts, but overhead lifts when you're not that tall would take a bit more training than, say, a serpentine lift when it comes to the strength level required.

literaryfreak
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I would love to see Jonathan Cassar switch to ice dance. I already think of him as a solo ice dancer in my head. Brooke Castile should come back for ice dance too...

ioana
06-23-2011, 10:17 PM
I would love to see Jonathan Cassar switch to ice dance. I already think of him as a solo ice dancer in my head. Brooke Castile should come back for ice dance too...

Ooh -that would be quite a nice dance couple :D! Tiffany Stiegler made the swtitch and did well with it; am sure Brooke could, too.

victoriajh
06-24-2011, 05:46 AM
latest twitter update....

CaitsYankowskas Caitlin Yankowskas
"Ready to start something new"

olympic
06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
latest twitter update....

CaitsYankowskas Caitlin Yankowskas
"Ready to start something new"

As I read this, it says to me 'I'm quitting pairs' :(

Jenna
06-24-2011, 01:47 PM
...or a new partnership in a new location..

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-24-2011, 02:16 PM
...or a new partnership in a new location..

That's how I read it.

And if so, I can't wait to find out who that new partner is. :)

numbers123
06-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Too bad Ethan Burgess retired/went pro

From what I heard - Ethan was really bad for skaters, controlling and stuff. I don't know this for certain, but had heard it rumored. Even if not true, I don't think that an Ethan/Caitlin partnership would be a good one.

olympic
06-24-2011, 02:54 PM
^Jenna and Cloudy Gumdrops,

I prefer your interpretations to mine :)