PDA

View Full Version : Caitlin Yankowskas

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Cheylana
05-27-2011, 08:40 PM
If she's from the South, she'd have a drawl, not a twang. Midwesterners have twangs, we have drawls! :)

Seriously, I hope she finds a great partner who really compliments her style.
:lol: ok, then she had a drawl. Or so I thought. Didn't hear a New England accent (e.g., pronouncing "car" as "caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa") but then again it was a very brief exchange. :)

rfisher
05-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I keep seeing new posts and think there's news about a new partner. :wuzrobbed

olympic
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
I keep seeing new posts and think there's news about a new partner. :wuzrobbed

Ditto. I would think she's trying hard to find someone though. The clock is ticking

Coco
05-28-2011, 02:57 AM
Here's a crazy suggestion: is there any room for her with SOI or another show? She would have to get it approved so she'd keep her eligibility, but at least she'd be in front of a crowd, doing the occaisional pairs move.

AxelAnnie
05-28-2011, 03:11 AM
I love Caitlyn's graceful ballet style and expression. Pair her with the right partner and it could be magic. I agree she was the one that made their last partnership standout. I just hope there is someone out there because I was really looking forward to continuing to be a fan!

A million ditto

MacMadame
05-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Here's a crazy suggestion: is there any room for her with SOI or another show? She would have to get it approved so she'd keep her eligibility, but at least she'd be in front of a crowd, doing the occaisional pairs move.

Nothing personal but that is crazy. After all, the gal has been without a partner for less than a month. It's too soon to be writing off her partner search and her season for next year.

aftershocks
05-28-2011, 07:57 AM
In the Skater Anagram thread in Trash Can, Vagabond posted that one anagram for Caitlin Yankowskas is:

Wacky Liaison Tanks!

A couple of others are:

A Stoical Yank Winks

A ... A lack is stinky now

DORISPULASKI
05-30-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm so hoping for a really great partner for her. She was so gorgeous at Worlds and Nationals this year.

Cheylana
05-31-2011, 02:22 AM
There's no actual Caitlin news so shouldn't this thread be in the Trash Can? :shuffle:

Capella
06-01-2011, 01:54 AM
I was reading an old IFS magazine (from 2008, I think) and there was a news article how she was going to partner with Yannick Bonheur (after he & Pla broke up), but USFS wouldn't release her. I can't picture them together.

PeterG
06-01-2011, 02:19 AM
I was reading an old IFS magazine (from 2008, I think) and there was a news article how she was going to partner with Yannick Bonheur (after he & Pla broke up), but USFS wouldn't release her. I can't picture them together.

Can we petition France to let Bonheur go?

madm
06-01-2011, 03:03 AM

They tried out together 4 years ago and it went very well, but there were citizenship issues and they would not have been able to compete internationally. Yannick didn't speak much English either, so there was a bit of a language barrier. And if they had trained in the U.S., USFS would have frowned upon (and perhaps prohibited) a U.S. coach teaching someone representing a different country.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Can we petition France to let Bonheur go?

Bonheur can't jump though.

BittyBug
06-01-2011, 02:15 PM
And if they had trained in the U.S., USFS would have frowned upon (and perhaps prohibited) a U.S. coach teaching someone representing a different country.:huh: I guess that's why there are no foreign skaters training in the U.S. with U.S. coaches.

Virtue & Moir, Patrick Chan, Denis Ten, Viktor Pfeiffer, and on and on...........

madm
06-01-2011, 03:26 PM
:huh: I guess that's why there are no foreign skaters training in the U.S. with U.S. coaches.

Virtue & Moir, Patrick Chan, Denis Ten, Viktor Pfeiffer, and on and on...........

I see what you mean, but it's different when the coach and the skater are U.S citizens and have been receiving USFS money. Do you really think that USFS would want Dalilah Sappenfield, Frank Carroll, or any other top U.S. coach training top competitors to compete for other countries in the Olympics? It's simply not in the best interest of USFS to encourage this. It is different when the competitor is a citizen of another country and has not received USFS money (e.g. Patrick Chan, Yu Na Kim). They can train with whatever U.S. coach they like and represent their own country. But for Yankowskas to train with Dalilah and represent France ... I don't think USFS would like that.