PDA

View Full Version : DWTS Finale

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

Cheylana
05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Can someone explain to me WHY Derek and Mark and the third of that trio are the judges / production favorite ? They just look plain cokcy. And not on a good point of view imo.
DWTS desperately wants to attract as many young viewers as possible, and they figure the Hough/Ballas trio, being so young, are the most likely to keep the young'uns watching. To be fair, Derek is a really good choreographer, but yeah, the DWTS producers seem to have their lips permanently planted on their butts. Derek, in particular, never ever gets cannon fodder contestants (I don't think Shannon Elizabeth was cannon fodder, she was just...annoying), while all the other pros have had at least one bona fide clunker. Among people I talk to, Mark and Derek are quite popular and well-liked, but I don't know if the chicken or the egg came first -- do they get high marks because they are that good, or because they are so heavily promoted and favored on the show?

PrincessLeppard
05-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I believe Petra was surprised to see Josh Groben, but I think Dimitry (was that her partner--I'm totally blanking here this morning) knew what was up. If you watch, you can see him turn her around and point, and he's got a big grin on his face.

Josh Groban was in Omaha last night. Did they try to play it off like it was live?

nubka
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
SO SO glad that Chelsea and Mark finished third. Their dances on Monday were totally overmarked and seriously Mark needs to sit out a season.

Gosh, I'm SO glad that Hines was never overmarked... :rofl:

skaternum
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Josh Groban was in Omaha last night. Did they try to play it off like it was live?

They said he flew in just to do that appearance, then was flying back out to resume the tour.

MarieM
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
DWTS desperately wants to attract as many young viewers as possible, and they figure the Hough/Ballas trio, being so young, are the most likely to keep the young'uns watching. To be fair, Derek is a really good choreographer, but yeah, the DWTS producers seem to have their lips permanently planted on their butts. Derek, in particular, never ever gets cannon fodder contestants (I don't think Shannon Elizabeth was cannon fodder, she was just...annoying), while all the other pros have had at least one bona fide clunker. Among people I talk to, Mark and Derek are quite popular and well-liked, but I don't know if the chicken or the egg came first -- do they get high marks because they are that good, or because they are so heavily promoted and favored on the show?

Uh. This trio is like an epitome of what "brats" looks to me. I wouldn't want to socialize with those person, and when I was young, I wasn't attracted to that sort of person. So I don't get it AT all :)

PrincessLeppard
05-25-2011, 04:54 PM
They said he flew in just to do that appearance, then was flying back out to resume the tour.

Well, considering the show and the concert were on at the same time.... ;)

numbers123
05-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Is this in the right order - and fill in the blanks
Who won season one with Kelly M?
Then:
Cheryl - Drew
Cheryl - Emmett
Cheryl - ? :shuffle:
Julianne - Apolo
Julianne - Helio
Julianne - ? :shuffle:
Mark - Kristi
Derek -
Derek -
Mark - Shawn
Kym - Donnie
Derek - Nicole
Kym - Hines
I guess it says mega things about Derek's partners, if I can't remember the partners he won with.

pixie cut
05-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I guess it says mega things about Derek's partners, if I can't remember the partners he won with.

He won with Brooke Burke, the current (unfortunate) co-host of the show, Nicole Scherzinger, who perhaps has more dance experience than Derek, and Jennifer Grey, who unquestionably was the biggest crier and moaner in 12 seasons.

numbers123
05-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Someone up thread said that - I meant how unforgettable they were because I couldn't come up with their names off the cuff at the time I was posting

danceronice
05-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Gosh, I'm SO glad that Hines was never overmarked... :rofl:

I think they had the opposite situation--I think Hines got marked as highly as he did because he must have been getting an overwhelming number of votes and they realized early on it was a foregone conclusion. Whereas I think Chelsea got relentlessly overscored with verbal tongue-bathing from the judges to boot about how wonderful she was because she WASN'T getting the votes and they were trying to make up for that to get her at least into second. Given the tepid audience response during the final elimination, and the fact the judges just turned the final scoring into a three-way tie rather than trying to give Chelsea a point advantage, it was pretty clear Chelsea was really so far behind they couldn't make up for it no matter what. Hines on the other hand was probably too far ahead for anyone to catch.

Rob
05-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Well, I am just glad Mark didn't win again. I was rooting for Maks since Kym has won before (and she won the Aussie version too). Maks did look pissed. I thought Chelsea's technique was not what the judges were making it out to be so I was not rooting for her. So either Kirstie or Hines was fine with me.

AYS
05-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Well, I am just glad Mark didn't win again. I was rooting for Maks since Kym has won before (and she won the Aussie version too). Maks did look pissed. I thought Chelsea's technique was not what the judges were making it out to be so I was not rooting for her. So either Kirstie or Hines was fine with me.
^^^ I didn't actually stay up to watch til the end, but this is pretty much how I felt about things. It was not the same Mark this season that took Kristi and Shawn to their wins.

Would have really liked to see Maks get a win.

This whole season, more than ever before, I was completely disagreeing with the judges comments.

ArtisticFan
05-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah! How DARE he stand up for his partner? He should have trashed her publicly!

:huh: :lol:

Did I say he should have trashed her? No. I said I didn't like the way he had made statements to the press about her. Sometimes a quieter stance that means business is more of an answer to press questions than acting like an offended teenager late for curfew.

Seerek
05-25-2011, 11:06 PM
So a total of 262 points were given out in judges' scores.

So it was:

Hines = 89 / 262 = 33.969%
Kirstie = 84 / 262 = 32.061%
Chelsea = 89 / 262 = 33.969%

Then that percentage is combined with the percentage of viewer votes you receive. The person with the largest combined percentages is the winner.

That means then that based on the current format of adding percentages, Chelsea could have been eliminated last week instead of Ralph if it weren't for those 15 extra points awarded during the head to head format. I'd have to think the producers must have known that they needed to bump up her judges score somehow to keep her in through to the finals.

soxxy
05-25-2011, 11:25 PM
They showed again last night the audience booing the scores (3 nines) Kirstie and Max received for their first dance Monday night, but this time with the camera trained on the judges and their reactions. Len said to Carrie Ann something like, "Well, if they don't like it, they can vote for her," (not his exact words but close).

That's true Len, but it's not exactly a great attitude on your part. :rolleyes: