PDA

View Full Version : DWTS Finale

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

Cheylana
05-25-2011, 07:00 AM
That being said, I'm glad he didn't have the melt down or tantrum that I was expecting when they were announced to be in third.

We haven't seen any of the after-show interviews from the entertainment shows yet. Give it time. I'm sure we'll see them tomorrow. :lol:
Part of me was wondering if that's why they didn't let poor Chelsea say anything after being eliminated, for fear that Mark would snatch the mike and go on a rant :lol: :shuffle:

purple skates
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I was a little shocked by the footage of the Pittsburgh rally... Steeler Nation is no joke, it seems!

As someone married into a family of Steeler fans (even though most of them no longer live in PA), I can attest to that! :lol:

MarieM
05-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I wanted Kirstie to win :(

ArtisticFan
05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
We haven't seen any of the after-show interviews from the entertainment shows yet. Give it time. I'm sure we'll see them tomorrow. :lol:

I'm sure we'll hear the snark and attitude. I was just happy that he didn't stomp and pout like he could have in that moment.

skamper23
05-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Watching the final 3 dance again this morning on GMA in Times Square: Looks like Mark forgot his dancing shoes :lol: He's dancing in white sox and Chelsea is 2in taller than him in her heels. Kirstie must be pretty tired, look like she quit dancing in the middle of her and Mak's dance. Hines and Kym gave the best performance...love his "Happy" shirt!

Garden Kitty
05-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I actually liked Mark when he was paired with Shaun Johnson and Bristol Palin. I think he has a good ability to tone it down a bit when the dancer is uncomfortable with some of the "sexiness" of the show and take them along little by little. He was always sensitive about Shaun's outfits being appropriate for her age and something she felt comfortable in. I think he's at his worst with one of the "favorites" - people who have more outgoing, stereotypical show biz type personalities - they tend to feed on one another.

Badams
05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
It squicks me out how Mark is so touchy feel rubby creepy.

Norlite
05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Kirstie must be pretty tired, look like she quit dancing in the middle of her and Mak's dance.

This is probably where her age finally factors in. She tweeted early early this morning when she arrived in NYC. No sleep last night except what she got on the plane.

danceronice
05-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I actually liked Mark when he was paired with Shaun Johnson and Bristol Palin. I think he has a good ability to tone it down a bit when the dancer is uncomfortable with some of the "sexiness" of the show and take them along little by little. He was always sensitive about Shaun's outfits being appropriate for her age and something she felt comfortable in. I think he's at his worst with one of the "favorites" - people who have more outgoing, stereotypical show biz type personalities - they tend to feed on one another.

I agree--with Shawn, he was working with a kid and knew it. With Bristol, he had the only true non-performer in the show's history unless you count Buzz Aldrin (who could never have remotely been considered a serious contender) plus Bristol would get a lot of hate in advance because there are people who truly hate (not disagree with, not dislike, pure HATE) her mother and her whole family. He actually worked with them like a pro, taught them to DANCE, not just look cute while he did something showboatish, and supported them the way the pro's supposed to. He wasn't so bad with Kristi, either, but of course Kristi was old enough and used to dealing with "artistes" (we all know they exist in skating, don't we?) so she was both able to keep up and not going to be a yes-woman for him.

I think here he really expected to get MBT #3, even if they had to do some number-tweaking to do it, so he'd be equal with Derek. And Chelsea had the 'performer' thing coming in so he felt like he could push it pretty much into freestyle territory and no one would care. The judges held them up, but the audience obiously wasn't buying it. Chelsea was really more a mid-packer without a big fan base of THAT much talent compared to others. There was no spark (like with Kyle last season, who was rather like Kirstie--not the BEST dancer, but picked up good technique and just had a real presence and connection with the crowd). But I think Mark was pretty sure he'd get a gift from the producers. Wasn't someone speculating they wanted to set up a Derek/Mark tie so they could have a showdown next season?

And I really wouldn't blame Maks for 'taking a year off'. Or Tony, either, come to that. They and Anna and heck, Louis (though the only way Louis would leave the show would be feet first--he likes being a TV star) have legitimate gripes. If next season the Hough/Ballas crew get ringers again, i would not at ALL blame some of the older pros for walking. (And will gladly join a 'vote off Derek and Mark' campaign.)

pixie cut
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
While I found Chris Jericho very funny, he wasn't impersonating Bruno Tonioli, he was recreating Sascha Baron Cohen's Bruno character.

I thought the whole Josh Groban thing was awkward. How could Petra not have known something was up? She knew to stop in the middle of the routine.

I think Hines was a deserving champion. While far from technically perfect, he captured the mood of each dance and did respectable choreography.

SO SO glad that Chelsea and Mark finished third. Their dances on Monday were totally overmarked and seriously Mark needs to sit out a season.

Wyliefan
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
It was surprising to me tonight to see how far my dislike for Mark Ballas has come. I used to be somewhat of a fan, saving my real venom for Derek who has never held any affection from me. I think I realized (during one of the commercial breaks) that he went downhill for me with Palin. For many reasons I didn't think she should have been on the show, but his defense of her in the press was the turning point.

Yeah! How DARE he stand up for his partner? He should have trashed her publicly!

:huh: :lol:

pixie cut
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah! How DARE he stand up for his partner? He should have trashed her publicly!

:huh: :lol:

They pretty much all stand up for their partners when the celebrities behave badly. Tony has done the same thing for Kate Gosselin and Wendy Williams. I think it's just the way in which Mark did it. He's a talented teacher and choreographer, but he's exceptionally immature and egotistical. His petulance this season crossed the line into unprofessional. At least with Bristol Palin he was standing up for her. With Chelsea he was oblivious to her best interests because he was too busy standing up for himself.

Cupid
05-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I had to rewind to the part last night where the two couples are standing there ready to hear who won, and when it was announced, it looked like Kirstie said "that's bullshit", but I could be wrong.

suep1963
05-25-2011, 03:50 PM
While I found Chris Jericho very funny, he wasn't impersonating Bruno Tonioli, he was recreating Sascha Baron Cohen's Bruno character.

I thought the whole Josh Groban thing was awkward. How could Petra not have known something was up? She knew to stop in the middle of the routine.

I think Hines was a deserving champion. While far from technically perfect, he captured the mood of each dance and did respectable choreography.

SO SO glad that Chelsea and Mark finished third. Their dances on Monday were totally overmarked and seriously Mark needs to sit out a season.

I believe Petra was surprised to see Josh Groben, but I think Dimitry (was that her partner--I'm totally blanking here this morning) knew what was up. If you watch, you can see him turn her around and point, and he's got a big grin on his face.

MarieM
05-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Can someone explain to me WHY Derek and Mark and the third of that trio are the judges / production favorite ? They just look plain cokcy. And not on a good point of view imo.