PDA

View Full Version : DWTS Finale

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

rfisher
05-25-2011, 04:05 AM
We already have 3 - Dmitri, Lacey and Chelsie

They may end up with more. Jonathan, Louis, Karina, Anna and poor Tony have to be even more frustrated than Maks.

dbell1
05-25-2011, 04:07 AM
:fragile: Totally gutted for Maks, Kirstie got a nice career boost out of this, so :cheer2: for her.

:blah: to Mark. Sorry for Chelsie, she did seem sweet, but doing the 'we're so young' bs every week isn't getting you votes, and neither is dancing with Mr. ME ME ME.

Kym deserved it dragging old pigeon toes around and dealing with that neck scare. :yikes: Hines does seem like a nice guy and I get the appeal, so, yahoo to them and all that stuff. Is this her second MBT?

Garden Kitty
05-25-2011, 04:08 AM
. Is this her second MBT?

Yes, she also won with Donny Osmond in season 9

Satellitegirl
05-25-2011, 04:10 AM
Bummed for Maks, but happy for Hines :)

Sally1214
05-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Awwwwww .... it looks like Maks is NEVER going to win. :( Kirstie definitely was the most improved throughout this season. Too bad.

But, if not Maks, then YAY for Hines. I have to say that HIS smile made ME smile every single week from day one. He seems like a really nice guy. So, "congrats" to Kym and Hines.

KikiSashaFan
05-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Poor Maks :( At least they lost to Hines/Kym rather than Mark and company though.

shan
05-25-2011, 04:16 AM
:cheer2: Kym and Hines!!!!

Cheylana
05-25-2011, 04:41 AM
ETA: with the exception of Kym's two wins with Donnie and Hines, Hough/Ballas trio won all the seasons after season 3.
That's...troubling.

Badams
05-25-2011, 04:45 AM
I would have liked for Maks and Kirstie AND Hines and Kym to win. I'm just as bummed for the second place team not winning as I would have been if the first place team had been second. A tie would have been cool.

numbers123
05-25-2011, 05:07 AM
ETA: with the exception of Kym's two wins with Donnie and Hines, Hough/Ballas trio won all the seasons after season 3.
Is this in the right order - and fill in the blanks
Who won season one with Kelly M?
Then:
Cheryl - Drew
Cheryl - Emmett
Cheryl - ?
Julianne - Apolo
Julianne - Helio
Julianne - ?
Mark - Kristi
Derek -
Derek -
Mark - Shawn
Kym - Donnie
Derek - Nicole
Kym - Hines

screech
05-25-2011, 05:15 AM
What annoys me about Hines' win is that even the judges comments don't really focus on his dancing when they summarize him - they talk about his smile. It's called DANCING with the stars, not SMILING with the stars. In no way, shape or form was he the best dancer of the season. I found that when he danced, you automatically focused on his smile or Kym (who was always doing way more dancing than him) and rarely on his poor legs/feet.

I also think that Maks' comment was a hint that he won't be back, which sucks. The show will now need to up its hot Eastern European contingent. I vote for Pasha from SYTYCD. And for Dmitri to keep coming back.

I think that Hines just narrowly beat out Kirstie. If the scores are factored, I'm guessing it went something like this

Factored Judges scores:
Chelsea = 3
Hines = 3
Kirstie = 1

Factored votes:
Kirstie = 3
Hines = 2
Chelsea = 1

For a total of:
Hines = 5
Kirstie = 4
Chelsea = 4 (I think they used the viewer votes as the tie breaker here)

Just my presumption.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Is this in the right order - and fill in the blanks
Who won season one with Kelly M?
Then:
Cheryl - Drew
Cheryl - Emmett
Cheryl - ?
Julianne - Apolo
Julianne - Helio
Julianne - ?
Mark - Kristi
Derek -
Derek -
Mark - Shawn
Kym - Donnie
Derek - Nicole
Kym - Hines

Cheryl and Julianne only won twice.

Alec/Kelly
Cheryl/Drew
Cheryl/Emmitt
Julianne/Apolo
Julianne/Helio
Mark/Kristi
Derek/Brooke
Mark/Shawn
Kym/Donnie
Derek/Nicole
Derek/Jennifer
Kym/Hines

ArtisticFan
05-25-2011, 05:26 AM
It was surprising to me tonight to see how far my dislike for Mark Ballas has come. I used to be somewhat of a fan, saving my real venom for Derek who has never held any affection from me. I think I realized (during one of the commercial breaks) that he went downhill for me with Palin. For many reasons I didn't think she should have been on the show, but his defense of her in the press was the turning point.

Mark needs to learn that it is not all about him on or off the dance floor. I'd rather see him prove me wrong on the dance floor than with bleeped out comments and rolling his heavily lined eyes for the millionth time. I get it. He's an artist, as is whatever partner he is given. Good for him! If he's that offended that someone dares question the greatness of team Ballas, then he needs a less high profile career. Hello! Your job is to teach someone to dance and then subject that dance to three bitter and loopy judges.

That being said, I'm glad he didn't have the melt down or tantrum that I was expecting when they were announced to be in third.

Hypocritical or not, I feel differently about Maks. His disappoinment was palpable and probably more of culmination of disappointments on the show than just for Kirstie. He's taken the would be champ to the finals with Mel B. He's had Laila and Erin who were underdogs, but certainly not slouches on the dance floor. But this season he was given a tough challenge with Kirstie. He lived up to that challenge beyond my expectations and made me forget my previous dislike for both Maks and Kirstie. He even got them to a level that I voted for them. In all these seasons I've never voted for a partner of Maks.

For being the winner, I have few comments regarding Hines and Kym. Most weeks I forgot he was even there. He isn't a horrible winner so I'm not complaining. I just don't think I'll remember him fondly as I do some of the winners.

I'm usually more of a fan of the spring show than the fall, but for two springs running I've been disappointed with the show. I guess it is time for me not set the DVR for auto recordings next season.

BaileyCatts
05-25-2011, 05:42 AM
.... That being said, I'm glad he didn't have the melt down or tantrum that I was expecting when they were announced to be in third. ....

We haven't seen any of the after-show interviews from the entertainment shows yet. Give it time. I'm sure we'll see them tomorrow. :lol:

Cheylana
05-25-2011, 06:54 AM
I think that Hines just narrowly beat out Kirstie. If the scores are factored,
They're not factored, I think they did that in season one, maybe also season two, but then they changed it so that instead each contestant gets a percentage based on his/her score divided by the total number of points given out for the night. So a total of 262 points were given out in judges' scores.

So it was:

Hines = 89 / 262 = 33.969%
Kirstie = 84 / 262 = 32.061%
Chelsea = 89 / 262 = 33.969%

Then that percentage is combined with the percentage of viewer votes you receive. The person with the largest combined percentages is the winner.

Hines had a 1.9% score advantage over Kirstie, so Kirstie needed to receive about 2% more viewer votes than Hines. My guess is that Hines was running away with the fan votes all along, which would explain why he was kind of overscored sometimes...er, frequently. I was a little shocked by the footage of the Pittsburgh rally... Steeler Nation is no joke, it seems!