PDA

View Full Version : DWTS Finale

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

rfisher
05-24-2011, 05:47 PM
38" Kirstie you rock. :respec: Who needs a stupid tacky mirror ball.

orbitz
05-24-2011, 05:49 PM
All of Mark's dances are all about Mark. He highlights himself, shows himself off... it's sad.

Mark goes 110% in every dances, regardless of the abilities of his partners. It becomes very glaring when he dances with someone like Kim Kadarshian, etc. I like Mark, but he really needs to tone it down if his partners obviously can't keep up with him. But I think the same thing occurs with other pros like Mak also to some extent.

I've only watch a few episodes this season. I think it has been a boring season, almost on par with the season that Brooke won.

Cheylana
05-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I've only watch a few episodes this season. I think it has been a boring season, almost on par with the season that Brooke won.
I'm kind of inclined to agree. I hate to say it but maybe the show should go back to having some ringers. My whole beef with the ringers was the uneven treatment of them from season to season. When paired with Derek or Mark, it was OMG, these are the best dancers ever to walk the planet and it would be a travesty to end all travesties if they don't win! When paired with Anna, Dimitri or Maks, the ringers are :EVILLE: and must be stopped at all costs from capitalizing on their unfair advantage! :rolleyes:

rfisher
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Um, Anna, Dmitri nor Maks have ever won and it's the judges who've kept them out rather than the voters.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm kind of inclined to agree. I hate to say it but maybe the show should go back to having some ringers.

I've never considered any of the dancing to be so great that it's the main reason I want to watch the show. I've always been more compelled by how interesting/entertaining/compelling the people are. I'd prefer to watch Kelly Osbourne and even Jerry Springer than Pussycat Doll even though she's obviously the more talented dancer. I think that's one reason I tend to enjoy the athletes on the show, I'm often somewhat invested in them from following the Olympics or other sports, and it's fun to see them try something different.

danceronice
05-24-2011, 06:48 PM
I've never considered any of the dancing to be so great that it's the main reason I want to watch the show. I've always been more compelled by how interesting/entertaining/compelling the people are. I'd prefer to watch Kelly Osbourne and even Jerry Springer than Pussycat Doll even though she's obviously the more talented dancer.

This. I like watching people that I like (whether I start out liking them or not). ALL the celeb dancing is pretty bad from where I'm sitting (the advantage the ringers usually have is learning speed and showmanship, not technical prowess.) The people who put in a sincere effort to learn and who are obviously enjoying the whole thing. What made Jennifer Grey a particularly bad ringer was that she not only had a huge advantage they weren't acknowledging but she also whined and moaned the whole time. The Pussycat doll was trying way too hard to make it seem difficult, making HER look like a whiner. Bad enough when someone has such a clear advantage. Having a sour personality makes is worse.

inthemiddle
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
It seems like Maks is not coming back next season
http://www.youtube.com/user/Codebear4#p/u/2/JkOpnk3llNU

skatingfan5
05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Codebear4#p/u/2/JkOpnk3llNU:wuzrobbed if this is true. Hopefully at least Dmitri is coming back next season.

Norlite
05-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks for posting.

I've been thinking for a while now.....

Seems like Kirstie lost 15 of that 38" in her face. She looks remarkable. No double chin anymore whatsoever.

Cheylana
05-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Um, Anna, Dmitri nor Maks have ever won and it's the judges who've kept them out rather than the voters.
Yes, that is my point. The show/producers/judges have treated those ringers badly in the fluff pieces, etc. Mya in particular got a lot of unfavorable treatment that season. DWTS repeatedly reminded the audience that she was a ringer. The Dance Center segment comes to mind. Then the very next season Derek gets Nicole and it's all about how she's the best dancer ever to grace the stage and it would be an awful shame if she didn't win; meanwhile they threw in a few zingers about Evan's skating giving him an advantage. It was just all so hypocritical to me.

skatingfan5
05-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Seems like Kirstie lost 15 of that 38" in her face.:confused: I didn't think that her first dress had a turtleneck that would need 15" taken in. :lol:
She looks remarkable. No double chin anymore whatsoever.But you are right, the weight loss has really shown in her face as well as in her waist. She does look great. :)

Rob
05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Just once, I'd love the see the judges pre-ordained favorite lose.

Sabrina Bryan was eliminated very early.

BaileyCatts
05-24-2011, 07:57 PM

What what?? I can't get the video to play past the first 30 seconds or so, it keeps freezing on me. He's really not coming back?? Was he just joking? What did he say??

:wuzrobbed

danceronice
05-24-2011, 08:55 PM
He just was very vague answering her question about how he would top this season and having Kirstie for a partner--he said "You don't", and she pushed him on "So you're not coming back?" and he just acknowledged he'd been on since season 2 and would be thinking about it.

Veronika
05-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Didn't he skip a season a few years ago and say that he didn't think that he'd be back?