PDA

View Full Version : DWTS Finale

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Norlite
05-24-2011, 03:04 AM
What did Chelsea/ie and Mark get for their freestyle?

Held up.

shan
05-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Held up.

:rofl: Okay I translate that to a 30! Thanks. :)

rfisher
05-24-2011, 03:10 AM
I think Kirstie wasn't supposed to get as far as she has. She was cast as the old/funny contestant who would be outrageous and be voted out mid-pack. I don't think the producers counted on her being so popular with the viewers. Even my 80 yo dad loves her. Her attitude and work ethic have endeared her to many. They can't give her really low scores but they've inflated the others. This had been the situation for the last 4-5 weeks, but the voters have kept her in the competition. Even if she makes top two, she won't win because they'll stack the last scores against her. They do that every year with whomever they've decided to let win. But, :respec: to her and to Maks for not taking the scripted route and for working hard and doing well.

professordeb
05-24-2011, 03:15 AM
I found it absolutely incredible that the judges gave Chelsie/Mark such high marks when they clearly had THREE breaks in their dance when their timing was off with each other. Kirstie and Max only had one yet they get a lower mark. Has me rolling my eyes and realizing that once again it it likely going to be the judges favourite that wins. Too bad. Hines ... well he was OK but even some of his footwork left a lot to be desired. Nines across the board for everyone for all the dances would probably have been fair.

Cheylana
05-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Aww, I didn't really like any of the freestyles. In particular, Kirstie's freestyle was a hot. buttered. mess. Of course it didn't help that the singer totally butchered that Pink song :blah: But yeah, it lacked energy and the cartwheel...just no. How does Kirstie get nines for her freestyle while Evan got stuck with eights for his freestyle? At least Evan moved in his! :slinkaway

Hines and Kym's concept appealed to my inner marching band geek, but ultimately the execution didn't quite work for me. It seemed rather disjointed in parts. Not ten-worthy. I wish they had done a hip hop routine to Black & Yellow :lol:

Mark's freestyle...no comment.

danceronice
05-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Aww, I didn't really like any of the freestyles. In particular, Kirstie's freestyle was a hot. buttered. mess. Of course it didn't help that the singer totally butchered that Pink song :blah: But yeah, it lacked energy and the cartwheel...just no. How does Kirstie get nines for her freestyle while Evan got stuck with eights for his freestyle? At least Evan moved in his! :slinkaway

Because they DESPERATELY needed to lowball Evan even more than they need to lowball Kirstie. They're figuring they can get away with dumping her in third by giving everyone else tens. With Evan they couldn't afford to take chances.

Mark's freestyle...no comment.

The mere fact you called it "Mark's freestyle" says enough. ;)

4rkidz
05-24-2011, 04:43 AM
kirstie is my emotional favourite.. but I found Hines and Chelsea to be better technical dancers IMHO :scream: .. I hope Kirstie wins as she has improved the most in 10 weeks - and how amazing for being a 60 year old with extra baggage ;) unlike the athlete and the teeny bopper..

JumpinBug
05-24-2011, 04:51 AM
All of Mark's dances are all about Mark. He highlights himself, shows himself off... it's sad.

I'm hoping for Hines... Kirstie really is bad.

screech
05-24-2011, 05:11 AM
I don't get the Hines love still. All of his moves are so unfinished. Take for instance his kicks in his Quickstep - he never once straightened his legs. And I find he kind of shuffles along.

Kirstie is the best based on legs and feet - she has extension and excellent foot placement, but her arms are usually weird, and her eyes are always down. I really wish she'd lift her head while she dances.

Chelsea is overall the best of the 3 finalists IMO. I really wish she'd been given a different partner - one who would have let her shine.

I didn't like any of the freestyles at all, though I would have had Chelsea and Hines slightly ahead of Kirstie (though giving neither any 10s). I may be in the minority, but the only dance I enjoyed tonight was Chelsea's samba. I thought she was spectacular, and my mom even said that there were parts where it was hard to tell who was the pro. I would have given it a 30, no question.

BaileyCatts
05-24-2011, 06:12 AM
All of Mark's dances are all about Mark. He highlights himself, shows himself off... it's sad..

That's the same thing both me and my mom have been saying for weeks. When they were done, we both said "was Chelsea there? all I saw was Mark". Of course, we say that EVERY time they dance. :lol:

Here's our theory. The producers want Mark to win so that both Mark and Derrick have 3 wins each. Then next season when Derrick is back, they will give them both top notch ringers and market it as a dance-off between Derrick and Mark. Derrick and Mark will be the Top 2 next season. Let's just see if that rings true come show time next season with who their partners will be. :P

kwanfan1818
05-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Some issues with the arms in hold, but he actually LISTENED to Len and his feet don't look nearly as floppy.
He actually looked like he was leading, which was really nice to see.

Wow, I didn't realize Chelsie and Mark were the youngest couple in the competition. Wish I'd known that from the start.

It was cute, but it wasn't sexy. It's like if they keep saying "sexy" the audience will eventually believe it.
Just like if she keeps saying they're the youngest couple in the competition (15 Sep 88 and 24 May 86*), they'll be younger than Romeo and Chelsea Hightower (18 Aug 89 and 21 July 89).

*Tomorrow, when ABC rigs it so that Kane and Ballas win, it will be his 25th birthday present, awwwww..... (NOT)

Kristie handled the lifts much better than Chelsie.
Yes, because,

And she pointed her toes. You should get a ten for pointed toes.
This. And she stretched her legs. And she has a solid torso aligned over her feet which Kane, for all of her stomach's hotness, does not have.

Held up.
:lol:

As much as I loathe a victory for Scientology, all of my votes went to Alley and the guy she dances with. Kirstie Alley is actually dancing ballroom with another person, which to me, is the point.

If she can't win, I hope Ward and Johnson do, because they look so good together.

Norlite
05-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Twitter has been really amazing overnight.

I think every celebrity with an account is tweeting vote for Kirstie Alley. I don't ever remember that happening before.

KikiSashaFan
05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I was just going to say that. I haven't watched yet since I was out last night, but when I checked twitter there was literally thousands of people with tons of followers, all pushing for Kirstie.

ChelleC
05-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Just once, I'd love the see the judges pre-ordained favorite lose.

Aceon6
05-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. No wow dances last night. Kirstie was competent, Hines was exuberant, and Chelsea was overscored. I think this is the first final where no one had a dance that I wanted to replay right away.

In a three way tie for dull, I give it to Kirstie for competence and attitude.