PDA

View Full Version : Summer TV Season (June to August)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Skate Talker
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Here in my part of Canada it was on at 9:05, repeating at 11:55. Anyway, I did watch it. Is the young guy the same actor who played the now-deceased Nigel Nigel Murray on Bones? (At least I think that was the character's name.)

FigureSpins
07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I was a happy Syfy camper last night: Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas were all good.

Alphas reminds me of Heroes and The 4400. Looks like we're starting the story after the "war between the supers" has already begun.

I liked the characters, though, even the anger management-challenged FBI agent. I enjoyed his hulk imitation when he moved the SUV that was blocking his driveway.

MarieM
07-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Alphas ? What is that about ?

Artemis@BC
07-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Alphas ? What is that about ?

Basically a group of misfit "next generation" humans with assorted powers. One has super strength, another can enhance her senses at will (tho only one at a time -- when she's "doing a visual" she can't hear anything), one with suggestive mind control powers, one who can see & read every TV, internet, and cell phone signal (except Nokia, LOL). They work as an elite crime solving team, led by a doctor who we're not clear yet if he has any superpowers himself (played by the always wonderful David Strathairn).

The first ep had some references to another group of possibly supers, supposedly working on "the other side," but we don't know much about them yet.

Very X-Men -- and in fact written by one of the X-Men movie writers. I liked it, I think it has a lot of potential. I'll definitely be tuning in again next week.

MarieM
07-13-2011, 07:48 AM
I so hope it's better than Heroes !

PeterG
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Karaoke Battle USA debuts tomorrow night on ABC, from 9pm to 11pm. Here's a preview:

Youtube clip of Karaoke Battle USA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIj9ERZlHVk)