PDA

View Full Version : Summer TV Season (June to August)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

cailuj365
06-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Is anyone watching "Suits" on USA? The pilot is repeating all this week. I like the premise, and the two main guys are likable. I hope it lasts.

BigB08822
06-26-2011, 03:17 AM
I saw an advertisement during Wimbledon for The Marriage Ref! I could swear that show got a shot and failed, BADLY. They are actually going to give it another try? It was beyond awful.

PeterG
06-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Wouldn't the Marriage Ref cost very little to make? So even if the ratings are in the middle of the pack, it might stick around for a while. Plus Jerry Seinfeld is the producer, so networks want to keep him on their good side in case he decides to do a sitcom again at some point (hope not...hated the show Seinfeld!)

BigB08822
06-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Good points but I thought the rating for The Marriage Ref were well below "the middle" but maybe my memory is fuzzy. :shuffle: I loved Seinfeld but a series like that wouldn't do well today, IMO. Times have changed and so have people's sense of humor, unfortunately. Although, I always did think Jerry Seinfeld was the one weak link in that show, he was so clearly not an actor.

Skate Talker
06-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't the Marriage Ref cost very little to make? So even if the ratings are in the middle of the pack, it might stick around for a while. Plus Jerry Seinfeld is the producer, so networks want to keep him on their good side in case he decides to do a sitcom again at some point (hope not...hated the show Seinfeld!)

Ah reality shows - the telemarketing of broadcast TV. Everyone you talk to seems to hate telemarketers yet they continue to plague us. Why? Because if even one minute percentage respond to them the companies still make money. Seems some reality shows amount to the same thing.

Artemis@BC
06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
And at the other end of the spectrum from "reality" TV :P ... I just spotted that there will be a new mystery series in the Masterpiece timeslot, beginning July 17. It's called "Zen," based on Michael Dibdin's books. Yay! Also, it stars Rufus Sewell in the title character. Double yay!

English mysteries set in Italy, what more could you want for summer?

AnnieBgood
06-29-2011, 02:38 AM
I have dreams like Falling Skies, but I love the show, anyway.

PeterG
06-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Love In The Wild debuts tomorrow night. But this is about the third start date for the show, so who knows... :shuffle:

Cyn
06-30-2011, 04:57 AM
I wasn't quite sure where to put this as it's not a series, but on the Biography Channel tonight at 1:00am EDT, there's a kickass two-hour retrospective (a new one) on the band Queen. Prior to that (as in right now) is a repeat of A&E's Biography of Freddie Mercury.

Both are definitely worth watching, especially if you're a fan of classic rock.

PeterG
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Anybody else catch "Love In The Wild" last night? While the start date was postponed a number of times (because of hockey or the Voice?), I think it was well worth the wait.

I really liked how the theme was to do your best rather than find a way to gang up on others and kick them out of the game. Being your best not only in the challenges, but in how you relate and react to others. Can't believe Ben got picked by somebody, he seems like he has very little to offer and (most of!) the women seemed to agree. I'm guessing Jared had little to offer as well, so he got the boot (taking seven hours to complete the challenge when the first place team did it in two doesn't make you look like much of a catch). Unfortunately for Dawn, she got stuck with someone with very few skills...she seemed like a really nice person.

Also enjoyed seeing Samantha and Mike have such a strong connection so quickly. Both seem very low maintenance, which is a refreshing change from reality TV that offers "drama" through people whose social and life skills are so extremely lacking.

P.S. If anyone knows anybody involved in this show, please request that Steele never again wears a shirt. :D

FigureSpins
07-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Falling Skies fell off the DVR list. Noah's cute, but the show was boring and distasteful.

Waiting for Warehouse 13 and Eureka to return next week!

Artemis@BC
07-05-2011, 07:34 PM
4 more sleeps until Miracle Day .... :)

AliasJohnDoe
07-08-2011, 01:20 AM
"Falling Skies" picked up for a second season:
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/tnt-renews-falling-skies-for-a-second-season.html

FigureSpins
07-08-2011, 04:25 AM
I wonder what the ratings demographics are for "Falling Skies?"

MONDAY - EUREKA, WAREHOUSE 13, and Syfy's new show "Alphas"
Looking forward to sitting on the couch doing nothing all night long.

Artemis@BC
07-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Alphas (Premiere): Monday July 11, 10pm.

Reminder about this one, premiering tonight. It wasn't even on my radar until I saw a trailer for it during Torchwood. I know it's being compared to Heroes (which I never liked), but to me it looks more like X-Men (which I did like). Anyway, looking forward to it.

In Canada it's on Space at 7:00, repeating at 9:55 and again on Saturday and Sunday.