PDA

View Full Version : Summer TV Season (June to August)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

AliasJohnDoe
05-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Trailer for SYFY's new "Alpha's" series July 11, 2011:
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/alphas-meet-the-heroes-of-syfys-new-series.html

Flatfoote
05-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Alphas. That looks interesting.

Expetditoin Impossible looks like a cross between Amazing Race and Eco Challenge. Seems reasonable, since both of those are/were Mark Burnett shows, as is the new one.

PeterG
05-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Platinum Hit and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition both debut tonight.

I checked bravo.ca the other day and it looks like Platinum Hit will not air in Canada... :(

But I have high hopes for EM: WLE. It follows the Bachelorette on ABC tonight (10pm). It's funny how this...conglomerate (was going to use the word series, but...) started with Extreme Makeover which really irked me. It seemed to be all about changing one's appearance instead of making changes within. Purely cosmetic. And then it's spin-off, the Home version did so much better and remains on the air until today.

This new version focusses on weight loss (no plastic surgery, yay!) and hopefully it will build people up rather than "inspire" them through humiation. Any show that makes overweight people parade around in skimp outfits as they get weighed on national televison: :yikes: + :mad: + :rolleyes: Hopefully this one will be a much kinder and simpler option! :)

Artemis@BC
05-30-2011, 10:59 PM
But, sadly, no hot Mad Men for the heat of the summer -- we have to wait til sometime in 2012. :(

shuilee
05-31-2011, 03:04 AM
Anyone else watching Platinum Hit (Jewel/Kara DioGuardi's show)? It's like watching Season 9 of Idol....I still HATE Kara!!! PML :lol:

SkateSkates
05-31-2011, 03:45 AM
Looking forward to all the USA shows + True Blood this summer, but no new shows have really caught my attention.

PeterG
05-31-2011, 04:33 AM
Anyone else watching Platinum Hit (Jewel/Kara DioGuardi's show)? It's like watching Season 9 of Idol....I still HATE Kara!!! PML :lol:

Rub it in, why don't you?? :wuzrobbed

;)

shuilee
05-31-2011, 05:06 AM
I find it interesting Jackie Tohn (Season 8 Idol semifinalist) is a contestant on Platinum Hit! She was one of my standouts on the 1st episode. Anyone else still remember Jackie?!

lmarie086
05-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Pretty Little Liars starts up again next week, doesn't it? I'm pretty ready for that one.
Still trying to catch up on True Blood in time, I just need to find someone who wants to buy season 3 (since I can't afford it haha), and doesn't Covert Affairs start back up soon as well?

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-31-2011, 05:53 AM
I need to keep up; some of the shows I'd hadn't heard of.

I'm planning on watching Expedition Impossible although I don't usually watch The Amazing Race or shows like it. Dave Salmoni :smokin::grope:

Falling Skies looks pretty good as well; I haven't seen Noah Wyle in quite a while.

love skating
05-31-2011, 06:17 PM

I watched it. I knew that I saw Scotty Granger before, but I couldn't place him. So I looked him up today and realized he was a contestant on the short-lived show The One which featured Kara as a mentor. Hmm, interesting that they have some history together.

PeterG
05-31-2011, 11:30 PM
I find it interesting Jackie Tohn (Season 8 Idol semifinalist) is a contestant on Platinum Hit!

I knew that I saw Scotty Granger before, but I couldn't place him. So I looked him up today and realized he was a contestant on the short-lived show The One which featured Kara as a mentor.

Is Platinum Hit basically "Kara's Kastaways"? Can anyone be on the show unless they were a failure on a previous Kara venture?

:EVILLE:

KikiSashaFan
05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Pretty Little Liars starts June 14th. The first season DVD comes out on the 7th, but they want like 79 bucks for it. Might wait awhile on that.

PeterG
06-01-2011, 12:13 AM
America's Got Talent debuts tonight after The Voice. I really shouldn't watch... But... :shuffle:

(Hoping it'll be awful tonight so I can cross this off my list!!)

PeterG
06-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Love In The Wild debuts tonight after "America's Got Talent". Still no previews at youtube, and nbc.com won't let this Canadian see any videos at their website, but I have high hopes for something craptacular!!! :cheer2: :respec: