PDA

View Full Version : Summer TV Season (June to August)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

numbers123
05-22-2011, 05:23 PM
none of the new ones really, unless I happen to catch them. Older ones that I am really looking forward to:
SYTYCD
AGT
Burn Notice
White Collar

genevieve
05-22-2011, 05:34 PM
STYTCD and occasionally AGT.

Big Brother jumped the shark a few seasons ago so I doubt I'll watch it anymore.

skatesindreams
05-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I always "try out" the summer season since some shows are picked up for more episodes later. Wasn't DWTS a "summer replacement"?

Citlali
05-22-2011, 05:52 PM
The Closer :cheer:

SYTYCD :cheer:

AliasJohnDoe
05-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Some new and returning SYFY shows:

Eureka: Monday July 11, 8pm.
Warehouse 13: Monday July 11, 9pm.
Alphas (Premiere): Monday July 11, 10pm. Has my interest!!!

Haven: Friday July 15, 10pm. Jason Priestly joins the cast.

BigB08822
05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Of the shows coming back, I am OBSESSED with:

Big Brother
True Blood
Dexter

AliasJohnDoe
05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Of the shows coming back, I am OBSESSED with:

Big Brother
True Blood
Dexter

I mentioned BB and TB also. But how could I forget Dexter!!!! It was great in season 1 and has only gotten better with each season. I just hope the chemistry between Hall and Carpenter isn't affected by their divorce.

BigB08822
05-22-2011, 07:38 PM
I mentioned BB and TB also. But how could I forget Dexter!!!! It was great in season 1 and has only gotten better with each season. I just hope the chemistry between Hall and Carpenter isn't affected by their divorce.

Well, maybe the writers could write in a little sibling rivalry this season and that would be pretty easy for them to pull off. lol Weren't the two of them seen together after the divorce? For some reason I got the impression they were remaining friendly.

genevieve
05-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Some new and returning SYFY shows:

Haven: Friday July 15, 10pm. Jason Priestly joins the cast.

I forgot about Haven! I only got about halfway through last season (I don't have Syfy so I have to watch on Hulu) and kind of lost track of it. I should get caught up and follow along this summer.

galaxygirl
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Haven: Friday July 15, 10pm.

:cheer2:

Jason Priestly joins the cast.

:scream:

PeterG
05-22-2011, 09:12 PM
I found a few more previews. I did a google video search and then a general google search for trailers. Strange how so many new shows have no video preview available at all. It's like the major networks want to fail. "Cable, please take our viewers...PLEASE!!!!"

Another interesting thing is that at the websites for the major networks, they are plugging their fall shows, yet have little (or somethings nothing) available for their new summer programs... :confused: Anyway, here's what I found:

I got the name wrong for this one, it's Franklin and Bash (not Bush).
Franklin and Bash (TNT, June 1st) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3XHEnavNF0)

This one looks good (but pretty much The Amazing Race...with three people per team instead of two):
Expedition Impossible (ABC, June 21st) (http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/two-minute-trailer-for-expedition.html)

Nothing of substance in this one, just pretty pictures (shocking, huh?):
The World According to Paris (Oxygen, June 1st) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04EV__fwGt0)

Love In The Wild (NBC, June 1st)
- clip did not work for this evil Canadian, but my southern friends should be able to view it:
Love In The Wild preview (http://www.nbc.com/love-in-the-wild/)

Masterchef (Fox, June 2nd)
- this is not a new show it seems, but season two. And according to epguides.com, it debuts June 6th (not sure which date is the correct one…and don’t care, I hate Gordon Ramsey)! :mad:

skatesindreams
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Masterchef was on Fox last summer.
A group of home cooks with ambition were whittled down through a series of challenges, judged by a panel of well-known chefs.
A 22 year old who had left college to attempt the show, won.
It was hosted by Gordon Ramsay.

There is a UK version, too.

Susan1
05-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Masterchef was on Fox last summer.
A group of home cooks with ambition were whittled down through a series of challenges, judged by a panel of well-known chefs.
A 22 year old who had left college to attempt the show, won.
It was hosted by Gordon Ramsay.

There is a UK version, too.

I only remember watching the first couple episodes. There must have been something else on that I was more interested in. I like the Next Food Network Star better. I saw when it starts, but I forget.

Flatfoote
05-23-2011, 02:03 AM
SYTYCD, definitely! :D

Didn't see Rizzolli and Isles. TBS, really?

Returns July 11 on TNT: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/rizzoli-and-isles/listings/

PeterG
05-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I commented a bit during my posts about the previews, but didn't really elaborate on my hopes for the summer season. So You Think You Can Dance debuts tonight, I hope we have one or two new shows that will be as good as this. My top three:

Well, three of my top six choices are ones I don't think I'll get to see in Canada: The Glee Project, Falling Skies and Platinum Hit. The Glee Project should be a lot of fun, Falling Skies looks like it could be quite good (although once again the aliens are evil...is there not at least one alien civilization that are good guys???). And Platinum Hit could be quite good with mentors instead of judges and the artists being songwriters in addition to singers. Alas, I will have to read here what y'all think of these shows...unless they end up airing on some other Canadian network that I do get.

So my top three (excluding the ones listed above):

1. Love In The Wild. This looks like it could be trash-tacular. A whole slew of hot singles living in some jungle and having to do regular competitions throughout the show. Hot and fun! :cheer2: :D

2. Expedition Impossible. The only thing different about this show from the Amazing Race is that I think they stay in one country, the teams and three instead of two, and they stay out in the boonies instead of staying at a hotel. I guess the cast will make or break this one??

3. Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. I've never been into these weight loss shows as the staff "helping" the contestants seem like class-A a**holes. I've had enough abuse in my life, I don't need to witness more of it on television. This one might have more of a heart, as with the Extreme Home Makeover show (which I really like but don't watch regularly). And it looks like the host might be a good idea.

I'm looking forward to a summer indoors. :lol: