PDA

View Full Version : My school's Lipdub!

The Accordion
05-21-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhC9TdZEjOQ

The high school where I teach just released the lipdub we made and I am so proud I wanted to share it here.

We recorded most of it on a Saturday (where over 400 students and 50 staff members attended) with the major gym and field scenes done with the whole school during school time!

I hope you enjoy it!

KatieC
05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
It takes me back - rather a long way! Thanks for posting.

Really
05-21-2011, 05:58 PM
That is absolutely friggin' awesome! I will be tweeting it, sharing it on FB, and showing it at our next PD facilitators' meeting as an example of how a school can celebrate itself. Thank you so much for sharing that!

BigB08822
05-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Wow, that was crazy good. How much planning went into that? Is this something schools do often? I've never heard of this.

How did you choose that song? Does the group know you did this? I bet they would love to see it.

The Accordion
05-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks so much for your comments!

The lipdub was organized by the leadership program and teacher (who is the teacher at the beginning and end of the video) And from their end - they planned for several months.

For most of the rest of the school - there was just the commitment of planning their section of the video and then most of the work was done on the Saturday.

We had one day planned for the gym scene and then the plane flying over head but ran into weather problems and had to reschedule the plane several times.

The first lipdub I know of was UVIC in Spain though there may have been more before then. It is a good one! And it is something that is gathering momentum among schools.

The song was chosen because they wanted to do an upbeat song by a Canadian Artist - and they did get permission. One of our staff members posted it on Great Big Sea's Facebook page so I am hoping they have seen it!

Aceon6
05-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Bravo

MikiAndoFan#1
05-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow, that was amazing!

Lanie
05-21-2011, 09:16 PM
I love lipdubs! Awesome!

Erica Lee
05-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Love it! I've seen them before but always great to see another... definitely great to see a school come together to do something like this. My kudos to your school!

The Accordion
05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Over 9000 views! Thanks for watching it and for your comments everyone!