PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the Rapture?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

reckless
05-21-2011, 04:07 AM
May 21st is my birthday. I guess that birthday dinner we had planned for tomorrow had better be finished before 6:00 p.m. or I won't be getting any cake.

A friend of mine has his anniversary on the 21st. When the billboards went up around Los Angeles, he blogged that "if our Lord chooses to re-appear on top of one of those billboards off the 405 during rush hour, hes going to have to do some explaining to my wife for making me late for dinner!"

my little pony
05-21-2011, 04:15 AM
I heard that this guy is making tens of millions of dollars off of his followers regarding the rapture.

some rapturites were on the local news in their Official 2011 Rapture T Shirts (tm)

i would be curious to know the return policy on those

purple skates
05-21-2011, 04:33 AM
According to this site (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?continent=australasia), it is 5:33 pm in Kiritimati (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=274). 1/2 hour to go!

ChelleC
05-21-2011, 04:47 AM
I'll be at a wedding. At least I'll go out in style and in no pryde. :summer:

I'll be at a wedding too.

Oh, and the first clue it's not the rapture or the end of the world, someone predicts it is. :lol:

Cyn
05-21-2011, 04:57 AM
But this way, CNN will be able to cover it as it happens -- unless of course, their correspondents and crews are all among the saved. :shuffle:

Journalists going to heaven? :rofl: :rofl:

I have a hunch there's a special Hell Express Elevator built just for them :EVILLE: .

Allen
05-21-2011, 04:58 AM
So, 3 minutes until it's 6 pm in Kiribati.

I'm interested to see what the pastor in question here has to say when it doesn't happen. I remember staying home from school in 94 when the first time he claimed the rapture was coming.

Cyn
05-21-2011, 05:02 AM
From the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping) link:

[Camper's] current end times prediction is that the Rapture will be on May 21, 2011 and that God will completely destroy the Earth and the universe five months later on October 21.

So the Rapture has started, and those saved are being whisked away, but we heathens and sinners get to party down here for five months without them? Sweet.

IceAlisa
05-21-2011, 05:05 AM
So it's after 6 pm somewhere in the world and I am still here. Must be cuz I am a heathen. :summer:

At least October 21st will take us well into the GP season. That's something.

reckless
05-21-2011, 05:14 AM
I love the rapture prank suggested on Twitter -- on Saturday, take some of your unwanted clothes and shoes and leave sets of them arranged on sidewalks and lawns around town.

purple skates
05-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Hello? Hello? Is anyone out there? Or is it just me and my black cat (whose name is Gary, btw) left?

reckless
05-21-2011, 05:16 AM
So it's after 6 pm somewhere in the world and I am still here. Must be cuz I am a heathen. :summer:

At least October 21st will take us well into the GP season. That's something.
But will there be any skaters left to compete? :) And if there are, what does that mean about them?

my little pony
05-21-2011, 05:17 AM
Hello? Hello? Is anyone out there? Or is it just me and my black cat (whose name is Gary, btw) left?

draw a pentagram on the floor and see if you can conjure us up

i know you can

Southpaw
05-21-2011, 05:27 AM
OK, so what's going on in Kiribati?

Really
05-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Any breaking news on CNN?

Vagabond
05-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Does the Anti-Christ Like Chocolate Chip Cookies? (http://www.haxan.com/portfolio/freakylinks/WWWFRE~1.COM/FREAKO~1/MONDO_~1/ANTI-C~1.HTM)

"One day I was watching TV and I heard a preacher talking about how the world was soon to be destroyed when the anti-Christ made his self known to us." Mervelle told me. "Now I haven't got a darn bit of use from those slick TV preachers, I think they're just trying to get your money, so I turned him off. But later in the day I was thinking about what he said. Now if the anti-Christ is coming then doesn't it make sense that someone needs to be welcoming him? If I showed up at a party and no one was expecting me, I'd be upset too."

To help smooth things over for the transition Mervelle decided to have a little shrine put up in a bookshelf in her front room.

"Now I'm not real religious so I just kinda made it look like things I saw in the movies. It does look like his sort of thing though, doesn't it? I found the cross at a thrift store and repainted it myself. I think it looks nice. Sometimes I'll put a little plate of cookies in there for him as an offering. I think he'll like it."

If anyone wants to share a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies, please post it in the thread or send me a private message.

:)