PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the Rapture?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm going to be chaperoning Pride Prom. It's going to be faaaaabulous!

skatingfan5
05-20-2011, 10:47 PM
So, this is supposed to happen at 6pm Eastern time tomorrow? Kind of funny that people assume it be based on what time it is in the US. No, no, no! It's at 6:00 PM local time everywhere on the planet -- a "rolling Rapture" beginning at the International dateline and proceeding westward. That's why I said it was kind of strange that they would be "staggering" the entries into heaven, rather than taking everybody at once. But this way, CNN will be able to cover it as it happens -- unless of course, their correspondents and crews are all among the saved. :shuffle:

Allen
05-20-2011, 10:53 PM
No, no, no! It's a 6:00 PM local time everywhere on the planet -- a "rolling Rapture" beginning at the International dateline and proceeding westward. That's why I said it was kind of strange that they would be "staggering" the entries into heaven, rather than taking everybody at once.

Okay, I didn't know, considering a drag queen was the one who told me about the rapture originally, I hadn't put that much thought into it. Well, Aussie Willy will have to let us know how it goes when the clock strikes 6 in Australia.

Someone on Facebook started a group to get people to pretend that the rapture happened and take pictures of their clothes lying on various locations. I wonder how many people will see this and be tricked into thinking it happened?

jeffisjeff
05-20-2011, 11:03 PM
No, no, no! It's at 6:00 PM local time everywhere on the planet -- a "rolling Rapture" beginning at the International dateline and proceeding westward.

Ohhh, then I should be safely off the plane and on the ground. Phew!

Orable
05-20-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't fear being left here on earth with the other sinners waiting for the slow, painful death that is coming our way in a few months - I survived watching a tango compulsory dance and surely it can't be worse than that.
:D

Thanks for all the info on the Rapture, folks! Actually, I also had an interesting conversation with two coworkers about and then we decided that we needed to have an "End of Days Lunch'n'Learn" sometime soon. Suffice it to say that the Baptist southern gal, who was chatting with the southern Jewish and midwestern Muslim gals, thinks she'll survive this weekend ;)

Aceon6
05-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, if it's a rolling rapture, can I ask that the FSUers from Oz who are left behind check in? That'll tell me if the Lamborghini is a go or not. Of course, that'll only help if everyone at the dealership is on good terms with the maker.

Aussie Willy
05-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Hmmmm, just thought of something. I think I'll lease a Lamborghini for my husband. He's always dreamed of one. Think 12 hours will satisfy?
Husband Schmusband - just get the Lamborghini, drive it around him in circles, don't give him a turn and he will think it is the Rapture. Because I am sure that would be hell for him.

Wyliefan
05-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I saw a tweet today from a Brit, saying that they're going to be the "canary in the coal mine" for the Americans. :lol:

Reuven
05-20-2011, 11:38 PM
No, no, no! It's at 6:00 PM local time everywhere on the planet -- a "rolling Rapture" beginning at the International dateline and proceeding westward. That's why I said it was kind of strange that they would be "staggering" the entries into heaven, rather than taking everybody at once. But this way, CNN will be able to cover it as it happens -- unless of course, their correspondents and crews are all among the saved. :shuffle:Hah! You really think this is going to get news coverage? Theyíre too busy sniffing around The Sperminatorís mistress to pay attention to a small thing like the end of the world. ;)

Note to those expecting to be raptured: Could you just leave your small appliances and jewelry and stuff out on your front stoop? or unlock your doors? Itíll just make it easier to not have to break in. Leaving a few cold ones in the fridge would nice, too.

KCC
05-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Tomorrow's Rapture prediction is courtesy of Harold Camping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping), who is 89 years old and who previously predicted that it would be September .... 1994. Oops. He says he "miscalculated" that date. Somehow his prediction of the 6:00 p.m. time for this event proceeding around the globe, time zone by time zone, greatly lessens its "credibility" for even the most credulous, making God paying heed to man-made time conventions. Or maybe this is to allow for more orderly "seating" of the saved up in heaven. :rolleyes:

I heard that this guy is making tens of millions of dollars off of his followers regarding the rapture. Why would he need money? He says that he'll have bills to pay up to the end. (This is what a nurse told me today. We had quite the giggle.)

milanessa
05-21-2011, 12:31 AM
I heard that this guy is making tens of millions of dollars off of his followers regarding the rapture. Why would he need money? He says that he'll have bills to pay up to the end.

Sounds like a clue to me.

Hannahclear
05-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Hmmm.....it's already May 21 somewhere. Anyone missing yet?

milanessa
05-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Hmmm.....it's already May 21 somewhere. Anyone missing yet?

It's not 6pm yet, silly. ;)

Ozzisk8tr
05-21-2011, 03:15 AM
I'm out of coffee, it's totally going to be the end of the world for anyone around me today. Grrrrr.

pollyanna
05-21-2011, 03:23 AM
No, no, no! It's at 6:00 PM local time everywhere on the planet -- a "rolling Rapture" beginning at the International dateline and proceeding westward.

6:00 p.m? Thank goodness. My daughter's commencement starts at 2:00 and I really want her to graduate high school before we all die.