PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the Rapture?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

purple skates
05-20-2011, 05:21 PM
At least all the pets will be well taken care of (http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/) :dog::cat:

From the website:

IMPORTANT NOTICE 5/20/11: DUE TO UNPRESCEDENTED EMAIL VOLUME OUR EMAIL REPLY ABILITY HAS BEEN MAXED OUT. ONLY CONTRACT SUBMISSIONS WITH PAYPAL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE REPLIED TO IMMEDIATELY. ALL OTHER INQUIRES AND EMAILS WILL BE REPLIED TO BUT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS. OUR APOLOGIES.

Umm, isn't that response time a little too late? :P

Orable
05-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't even think that I know exactly what the Rapture is :confused: Is that when the Messiah comes to lead his flock to heaven? But then, why do the "good" people go to heaven and not stay on Earth with the Messiah? Is the Rapture and Armageddon the same thing? And how long til the Day of Judgement (or do Christians not have that?)

Yes, I work at an interfaith organization, but not sure I want to ask my Christian co-workers these questions, so would appreciate any info!

Aceon6
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Hmmmm, just thought of something. I think I'll lease a Lamborghini for my husband. He's always dreamed of one. Think 12 hours will satisfy?

skatingfan5
05-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't even think that I know exactly what the Rapture is :confused: Is that when the Messiah comes to lead his flock to heaven? But then, why do the "good" people go to heaven and not stay on Earth with the Messiah? Is the Rapture and Armageddon the same thing? And how long til the Day of Judgement (or do Christians not have that?)

Yes, I work at an interfaith organization, but not sure I want to ask my Christian co-workers these questions, so would appreciate any info!I'm sure that someone who is a believer in the doctrine, would be able to give you his/her intepretation, but for now, here's what Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture) has to say.

And then there is the Left Behind (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind_%28series%29) series of novels, movies, and video games. :scream:

rfisher
05-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Hello God,

6:00 pm doesn't work for me tomorrow. I need it to be earlier so I won't have to attend a stupid out of town meeting.

KThanks.

Kasey
05-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I'll be at work; that's "rapture" enough. But maybe I'll make myself a tinfoil hat, just in case ;)

AliasJohnDoe
05-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Awwww....Does this mean no Sochi Olympics? :wuzrobbed

milanessa
05-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Awwww....Does this mean no Sochi Olympics? :wuzrobbed

Heck no. The Kween is destined for Gold.

WindSpirit
05-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm sure that someone who is a believer in the doctrine, would be able to give you his/her intepretation, but for now, here's what Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture) has to say.

From Wiki:

The Rapture is a reference to the being caught up referred to in the Biblical passage 1 Thess 4:17 when in the End Times the Christians will be gathered together in the air to meet Christ.

The primary passage used to support the idea of the Rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints. If that's what Rapture is, why are so many people getting ready? :lol:

escaflowne9282
05-20-2011, 06:48 PM
I just cannot WAIT for this! My life is so dull, and I am so sick of all this rain!

Dragonlady
05-20-2011, 06:54 PM
May 21st is my birthday. I guess that birthday dinner we had planned for tomorrow had better be finished before 6:00 p.m. or I won't be getting any cake.

PDilemma
05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Just want to say, for all the non-Christians reading this thread, that the many Christian denominations do not believe in this particular theology in the first place.

That said...I was thinking we'd have a rapture party, but, alas, it's officially summer in terms of work and I am officially broke and unpaid!

skatingfan5
05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
May 21st is my birthday. I guess that birthday dinner we had planned for tomorrow had better be finished before 6:00 p.m. or I won't be getting any cake.Those sinners who are "left behind" will have extra servings! :EVILLE:

Wyliefan
05-20-2011, 07:02 PM
From Wiki:

If that's what Rapture is, why are so many people getting ready? :lol:

I see your point. :lol: For the record, though, Protestants tend to define "saint" differently from Catholics. For most Protestants, who base their usage on the way Paul uses the word in his epistles, a saint is simply someone who has faith in Jesus Christ. (Although one has to wonder if anyone who blatantly disbelieves His words about no one knowing the day or hour truly has faith . . .)

Matryeshka
05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm going to a costume "Left Behind" rapture party on Saturday. I'll be going as a Roman. Most are going as zombies.