PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the Rapture?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Satellitegirl
05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
In Case of Rapture, break glass.

I'll be waving to all the fanatics as their God takes them...finally happy to have some space around here.

Veronika
05-20-2011, 04:10 PM
But will the Blondie song be playing during the Rapture?

Wiery
05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking...

KikiSashaFan
05-20-2011, 04:16 PM
At least all the pets will be well taken care of (http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/) :dog::cat:

Really
05-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I have a big project to work on for Tuesday. Shall I wait until after 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night to finish it?

Spareoom
05-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh, wow. Just when you think you've seen it all.

Anyway, I *am* looking forward to the Rapture, but it won't be tomorrow. Maybe today; maybe in two days, but not tomorrow. The Bible says that no man knows the day or hour, so when someone comes out and says that they *know* it will be on a certain day, that's pretty much the only day that I am pretty sure it won't happen. ;)

skatingfan5
05-20-2011, 04:26 PM
At least all the pets will be well taken care of (http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/) :dog::cat:Well, thank goodness someone was thinking of all those poor left behind pets. Bless them! :D But coverage is only for 26 states in the U.S. -- all those poor :cat: and :dog: in California, New Jersey, Texas, et. al. :wuzrobbed You would think there would be enough atheists in California at least to help out there. :P

Fergus
05-20-2011, 04:31 PM
At least all the pets will be well taken care of (http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/) :dog::cat:

To paraphrase HM The Queen Mother: Thank goodness I'm a heathen, because Fergus the Younger :dog: will never leave me, I will never leave my better-half, and my NYC born-n-raised better-half will never leave the five boroughs! :lol:

FigureSpins
05-20-2011, 04:32 PM
This morning's paper had an article on the alleged Rapture. In addition to the pet care and parties, they mentioned a Twitter post about a Rapture prank:

On Saturday, take some of your unwanted clothes and shoes and leave sets of them arranged on sidewalks and lawns around town."

I think that's clever! Someone else was challenging believers to deed him their cars before Saturday since they would no longer need them.

skatingfan5
05-20-2011, 04:37 PM
This morning's paper had an article on the alleged Rapture. In addition to the pet care and parties, they mentioned a Twitter post about a Rapture prank::lol: I can just see it ... I really DO need to clean out my closets. :slinkaway

Someone else was challenging believers to deed him their cars before Saturday since they would no longer need them.How about their houses too? It could make a big dent in the homeless problem.

manleywoman
05-20-2011, 04:44 PM
In a NYT article from yesterday (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/us/20rapture.html?_r=1&hp), a set of parents stopped saving money for their kid's education and stopped work on the house because they are convinced the end is coming tomorrow. But this is my favorite part:

The children, however, have found something to giggle over. “She’ll say, ‘You need to clean up your room,’ ” Grace said. “And I’ll say, ‘Mom, it doesn’t matter, if the world’s going to end!’ ”
:lol:

But this quote is sad, from a 14 year old whose parents are so into this, they've been neglecting him:

“I don’t really have any motivation to try to figure out what I want to do anymore,” he said, “because my main support line, my parents, don’t care.”

His mother said she accepted that believers “lose friends and you lose family members in the process.”

I was really sick and in the hospital with a mystery virus in 1991-1992 when there was supposed to be the earthquake to end all earthquakes on a certain day, and half the city was going to die. The day came and went with nothing of course. I kept wondering to myself whether I was in the right place, being in a hospital already, or if I was worse off since I was too weak to save myself and walk away if it happened. :lol:

milanessa
05-20-2011, 04:45 PM

:rofl:

Wyliefan
05-20-2011, 04:45 PM
This morning's paper had an article on the alleged Rapture. In addition to the pet care and parties, they mentioned a Twitter post about a Rapture prank:

That's been going around Facebook too. I posted it as my status yesterday. :)

Southpaw
05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
It's not going to happen. You know why? Because I want it to happen. I've been standing at the front of the line to be zapped by the alien chihuahuas with their laser guns, but it ain't gonna happen. Because I want it to happen. And everybody knows that what Southpaw wants Southpaw doesn't get.

Sez me.

Jerks. Not you people. I mean the alien chihuahuas. They're jerks.

Satellitegirl
05-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Rapture prank:

That is hilarious!!! I'm tempted to do that.... lol

lol @ Southpaw's alien chihuahuas. :rofl: