PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the Rapture?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

hirshey girl
05-25-2011, 03:14 AM
Well, I refused to believe that the world was going to end before the Glee finale. :P

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 04:01 AM
The entire Bible is silly and is so wrong why should I believe any of it?

This explains so much about you - and none of it good.

Allen
05-25-2011, 04:12 AM
This explains so much about you - and none of it good.

And your comment to him explains a lot as well.

jeffisjeff
05-25-2011, 04:15 AM
:watch:

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Calling the Bible "silly and wrong" is rude, disrespectful and completely insensitive to those who have faith.

Many people profess to be atheists on this board and yet no one calls them idiots for their beliefs, which is tantamount to what he said.

IceAlisa
05-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Sun's much too small to go supernova. It'll just expand as it ages (we're talking in a few billion years, folks) and engulf the orbits of Mercury and Venus, if not Mars, and vaporize the Earth's water and kill off all life as we know it. :)

Yeah, even though it's billions of years away, it makes me sad. However, by then humans would have figured out they need to move.

Jenna
05-25-2011, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I don't believe in magic...

The World will one day come to an end, no doubt about it. Our sun will eventually die. I think the sun will eventually consume Earth as it goes supernova, not sure. So we will not be here forever but this idea of a judgement day is just silly. The entire Bible is silly and is so wrong why should I believe any of it?

Excuse me. I like you a lot, but this comment is very, very disrespectful to practicing Catholics like myself. I respect that you don't believe in it, but calling our most sacred book "silly" and "wrong" is downright rude.

Catholics generally do not embrace fools like Harold Camping. As a matter of fact, it is people like him that make our faith look like a folly. I, and every other churchgoer I know, do not support him or his unfounded "predictions."

Aussie Willy
05-25-2011, 04:57 AM
Many people profess to be atheists on this board and yet no one calls them idiots for their beliefs, which is tantamount to what he said.
That is because atheists don't believe. So you can't call them idiots for their beliefs because they don't have any.

numbers123
05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
That is because atheists don't believe. So you can't call them idiots for their beliefs because they don't have any.

They do have beliefs just not the ones that other people hold.

agalisgv
05-25-2011, 05:01 AM
That is because atheists don't believe. Everyone believes in something. Nontheists believe there is no God, theists believe there is a God.

Both are beliefs.

ETA: numbers beat me to it

BigB08822
05-25-2011, 05:12 AM
I think the Bible is silly and I think the Bible is wrong. You are welcome to believe otherwise. Just my opinion. I never called anyone an idiot, don't be so dramatic.

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 05:28 AM
I think the Bible is silly and I think the Bible is wrong. You are welcome to believe otherwise. Just my opinion. I never called anyone an idiot, don't be so dramatic.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But when you disrespect people's beliefs, and insult them to boot, you will find that they will return the favour.

BigB08822
05-25-2011, 05:31 AM
You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But when you disrespect people's beliefs, and insult them to boot, you will find that they will return the favour.

I never felt insulted and I never felt disrespected. Was i supposed to?

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 05:31 AM

If you believe there is no God, natural force or anything spiritual, that's still a belief.

Allen
05-25-2011, 05:34 AM

Tit for a tat...that's a great way to handle it :shuffle: