PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the Rapture?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22

Beefcake
05-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Oct 21?

:COP:

Dear God, I hereby request a personal 12-hour stay of rapture so that I may see Mirai's new SP at Skate America before I float.

Oh, :shuffle: and I guess I'll need that same 12-hour stay of rapture for Mirai, as well.

Vagabond
05-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Harold Camping: Judgment Day Did Actually Happen Saturday (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/24/harold-camping-judgment-day-did-actually-happen-saturday/)

"On May 21, this last weekend, this is where the spiritual aspect of it really comes through," said Camping. "God again brought judgment on the world. We didn't see any difference but God brought Judgment Day to bear upon the whole world. The whole world is under Judgment Day and it will continue right up until Oct. 21, 2011 and by that time the whole world will be destroyed."

More details here (http://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/boy.html). ;)

skatingfan5
05-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Harold Camping: Judgment Day Did Actually Happen Saturday (http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/24/harold-camping-judgment-day-did-actually-happen-saturday/)What a cop-out, lame "explanation." :rolleyes: I thought that Camping would at least say something like "Apparently it is God's judgment that no one on Earth was worthy of being taken up in the Rapture on May 21. But now all we sinners have been given a second chance to repent and get saved before the final curtain falls on October 21." :slinkaway

Dragonlady
05-24-2011, 05:11 PM
My MIL was so disappointed that the Rapture was a failure. She was laughing that we could have my birthday dinner and not have to worry about the dishes.

missflick
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
:rolleyes: Well, he has to save face.

Citlali
05-24-2011, 09:27 PM
New save the date :P October 21st, At least I get to have a birthday party with this one :) and some skating :D

Matryeshka
05-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I'd have had way more respect for him if he'd either a) given back all the donation he was given, OR b)said well, no rapture, I'm taking the money and going to the Caribbean!

DarrellH
05-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Could it be that the Rapture came, and he wasn't one of the chosen?

skatingfan5
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Could it be that the Rapture came, and he wasn't one of the chosen?:D I'm sure he'd never even consider that possibility. However, it seems that nobody was one of the chosen ... plus those massive earthquakes in each time zone didn't happen either. :shuffle:

DarrellH
05-24-2011, 10:49 PM
:D I'm sure he'd never even consider that possibility. However, it seems that nobody was one of the chosen ... plus those massive earthquakes in each time zone didn't happen either. :shuffle:

I also assume that means we weren't taken, too. But in my case, I'm sure it's because I wanted to stay and see the Glee finale.:D

numbers123
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I also assume that means we weren't taken, too. But in my case, I'm sure it's because I wanted to stay and see the Glee finale.:D

Or maybe the entire world ascended and it is the same reality in glory as before? :slinkaway

nypanda
05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
As much as I deplore the false prophecy of men (or women) like Harold Camping -- at least he has the world talking about Judgement Day. There are many intelligent, educated people who do agree that, predictable as it is not, inevitable it is.

Aussie Willy
05-24-2011, 11:46 PM
As much as I deplore the false prophecy of men (or women) like Harold Camping -- at least he has the world talking about Judgement Day. There are many intelligent, educated people who do agree that, predictable as it is not, inevitable it is.
Only if you believe in it. Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

BigB08822
05-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I don't believe in magic...

The World will one day come to an end, no doubt about it. Our sun will eventually die. I think the sun will eventually consume Earth as it goes supernova, not sure. So we will not be here forever but this idea of a judgement day is just silly. The entire Bible is silly and is so wrong why should I believe any of it?

Anita18
05-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I don't believe in magic...

The World will one day come to an end, no doubt about it. Our sun will eventually die. I think the sun will eventually consume Earth as it goes supernova, not sure. So we will not be here forever but this idea of a judgement day is just silly. The entire Bible is silly and is so wrong why should I believe any of it?
Sun's much too small to go supernova. It'll just expand as it ages (we're talking in a few billion years, folks) and engulf the orbits of Mercury and Venus, if not Mars, and vaporize the Earth's water and kill off all life as we know it. :)