PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

cruisin
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I think the whole thing was a publicity/manipulation stunt. They are now pimping Lauren ever stronger, now that they know Scotty will probably win. They borderline threw Scotty under the bus last night, he looked a bit stunned a few times.

PeterG
05-25-2011, 08:17 PM
I think the whole thing was a publicity/manipulation stunt. They are now pimping Lauren ever stronger, now that they know Scotty will probably win. They borderline threw Scotty under the bus last night, he looked a bit stunned a few times.

I'm sorry. Did I blink the one time Scotty had an un-stunned look on his face???

:P

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 09:03 PM

I thought Lauren really went for it and Scotty kind of played it safe, knowing he had a huge lead going into the final. OTOH, maybe those who had previously voted for Haley might throw their votes to Lauren, if they are inclined to vote for a female contestant.

My ideal final 3 would have been James, Jacob and Scotty but from there it would have been who had delivered on the finale. Since we have two country singers in the finale, it gets harder since I'm not a fan of the genre.

Lauren's performance last night notwithstanding, I would still give it to Scotty since I think he's going to be a huge star. But I think Lauren could have a very successful career too, and her single really suited her.

my little pony
05-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry. Did I blink the one time Scotty had an un-stunned look on his face???

:P

yes, sometimes when he crooks his neck he looks like he is singing to his parasitic twin

PeterG
05-25-2011, 10:41 PM
yes, sometimes when he crooks his neck he looks like he is singing to his parasitic twin

May his career reach the heights of Taylor Hicks and Lee DeWyze.

Jenna
05-25-2011, 11:13 PM
May his career reach the heights of Taylor Hicks and Lee DeWyze.

Let's not kid ourselves. I have a feeling Scotty will be one of the most successful Idol winners.

Rob
05-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Would Haley have been rehearsing just in case she was needed? Or would she have to jump in cold? Did she have a "first single" or would she have done another cover tune?

Jenna
05-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Would Haley have been rehearsing just in case she was needed? Or would she have to jump in cold? Did she have a "first single" or would she have done another cover tune?

There were reports that if she did perform Haley would sing "House of the Rising Sun," "I Who Have Nothing," and "Bennie and the Jets," which were probably her three best songs on AI.

Anyway, there was an all time high 122 MILLION votes cast last night, bringing the season total to 3/4 of a billion, far and away the most in the series' history. I don't think Idol will be going anywhere any time soon.

PrincessLeppard
05-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Interesting about the votes, because I think someone mentioned the ratings were lower than last year.

Jenna
05-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Interesting about the votes, because I think someone mentioned the ratings were lower than last year.

Really? I find that hard to believe.

Cyn
05-26-2011, 01:00 AM
It had the lowest viewership in the history of the franchise.

ETA: Article (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/25/tv-ratings-tuesday-american-idol-performance-finale-drops-glee-finale-rises-dancing-finale-mutes-the-voice/93836/)

A last minute vocal illness for one of the final contestants apparently resolved, American Idol’s performance finale move to Tuesday (so that the decision finale could fit within the 2010-11 broadcast season) saw it drop to a series low for a performance finale 6.2 adults 18-49 rating vs. a 7.4 rating for last week’s 2 hour Wednesday show. That’s also down 7% from last season’s performance finale.

rfisher
05-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Ryan just said the votes were a record so somebody watched and a hell of a lot of people voted.

shan
05-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Ryan just said the votes were a record so somebody watched and a hell of a lot of people voted.

Or a few people watched and dialed like crazy! :P

PrincessLeppard
05-26-2011, 01:02 AM
I believe a lot of Scotty fans voted. I don't believe a lot of people watched.

Cyn
05-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Shouldn't we be posting in the actual finale thread? :P