PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

Dragonlady
05-24-2011, 09:29 PM
That only means that she has gone from being a healthy weight to being seriously underweight.

Nearly all actresses and stage performers are underweight. People see them on TV and think they are "normal" and that the people who are genuinely normal weight are overweight. It's a false and very dangerous illusion, and one that leads many people into eating disorders.

taf2002
05-24-2011, 09:38 PM
"Nearly all actresses and stage performers are underweight. People see them on TV and think they are "normal" and that the people who are genuinely normal weight are overweight. It's a false and very dangerous illusion, and one that leads many people into eating disorders."

That CAN be a true statement. However, it does not mean that every woman who looks fat on TV is really just healty. Or that every woman who looks good is seriously underweight. IMO Jordin used to be overweight. YMMV Obviously we disagree.

BigB08822
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM
OMG! News is breaking that Lauren me be OUT of the finale. Her voice is GONE and if she can not perform tonight they will reinstate Haley! Apparently producers are trying to track her down right now. What in the world would she do? She would have to perform songs she has done or that both she and the band knows. Scotty would win, anyway, but what an opportunity for Haley to give it to Randy and JLo one last time. :watch:

I am assuming this is all for the drama but one can dream, haha

Tesla
05-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Uh do you have a link?

ETA Saw it on mjsbigblog. The first comment says it all."Are they that desperate for viewers?"

BigB08822
05-25-2011, 12:15 AM
I believe TMZ broke the story but it is also on MJs blog.

www.tmz.com
www.mjsbigblog.com

I know TMZ is....TMZ...but they have a pretty good track record with insider information.

I have a feeling they got good information but it was greatly exaggerated. How could any substitution be made with only an hour or so to go? This could only be feasible if they had Haley as a backup and planned all along but I don't think they do that. Maybe it is a good idea to start.

numbers123
05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
I believe TMZ broke the story but it is also on MJs blog.

www.tmz.com
www.mjsbigblog.com

I know TMZ is....TMZ...but they have a pretty good track record with insider information.

I have a feeling they got good information but it was greatly exaggerated. How could any substitution be made with only an hour or so to go? This could only be feasible if they had Haley as a backup and planned all along but I don't think they do that. Maybe it is a good idea to start.

If it is true - Lauren's voice was reported as being bad last week, in the hometown visit. The producers could have asked Haley to be ready just in case. Kind of why I thought they had James hometown visit ready - that perhaps Lauren's voice was causing concern 2 weeks ago.

Satellitegirl
05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
I was just coming her to post about Lauren as well. Saw it on TMZ.

Tesla
05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
TvLine says Haley is "rehearsing." I'm on my phone so I can't post a link.

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Bringing back a contestant who has been eliminated just so they can have a "final" means that AI has completely jumped the shark in my books.

numbers123
05-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Bringing back a contestant who has been eliminated just so they can have a "final" means that AI has completely jumped the shark in my books.

So they should have just exited the show and named Scotty the winner without any live performances?

Would that be any different that the injuries to the SYTYCD contestants and replacing them with people who had been eliminated the week before?

Fridge_Break
05-25-2011, 12:41 AM
It wouldn't be the first time that Idol has reinstated an already-bounced contestant. Back in Carrie Underwood's season, Nikko was brought back after that Mario guy quit the show so he wouldn't be bound to the Idol contract and could pursue his own direction (look how far that got him...)

ETA: They're really trying to get me to watch, I guess, but with DWTS and Biggest Loser both on tonight, Idol's gonna have to give. But if Haley is back... I don't know now.

Jenna
05-25-2011, 12:45 AM
:eek: OMG!

This is a horrible thing to say, but I HOPE Haley has a chance!

KikiSashaFan
05-25-2011, 12:50 AM
:eek: OMG!

This is a horrible thing to say, but I HOPE Haley has a chance!

:rofl: I was just saying I'm a horrible person but screw Lauren I hope it's true

birdgal
05-25-2011, 01:09 AM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=649273&GT1=28103

Some pretty interesting (and unprecedented news) from TMZ. Reportedly, "American Idol" finalist Lauren Alaina may have to drop out of Tuesday night's Final 2 performances due to having lost her voice. Sources say during this afternoon's rehearsals, Lauren was unable to get through all three of her songs, and doctors have said she should not sing or speak.

There is apparently a real possibility that Lauren will have to drop out. If that happens, third-place finisher Haley Reinhart will be reinstated and will compete alongside Scotty McCreery for the "American Idol" Season 10 crown.

Dragonlady
05-25-2011, 04:00 AM
It wouldn't be the first time that Idol has reinstated an already-bounced contestant. Back in Carrie Underwood's season, Nikko was brought back after that Mario guy quit the show so he wouldn't be bound to the Idol contract and could pursue his own direction (look how far that got him...)

There's a huge difference between bringing back a bounced contestant early on in the season and bringing back a bounced contestant for the final. You might as well just hand it to Scotty if they had done that.

Best night Lauren's had on the show. Maybe the vocal scare loosened her up because she's never looked or sounded better. I think Scotty's got it in the bag, but she sure made it interesting.