PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

PeterG
05-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Between Haley's/James' fans not planning on tuning in for the HeeHaw Hoedown...

Do you really think it will be that good?

It does suck for Lee. He should have been brought back to perform, he does have an album after all, even if it only sold 500 copies.

Do you have a source that confirms Lee was able to acheive these numbers?

Cyn
05-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Do you really think it will be that good?

Do you have a source that confirms Lee was able to acheive these numbers?

:rofl: :EVILLE: :rofl:

Aceon6
05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Reminder, it's tonight for those planning on viewing in real time. Catch you tomorrow.

cruisin
05-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I think one of Idol's problems, not that it can be or should be avoided, is that you don't have to win the show to be a success. That is something to be celebrated in a way but it shouldn't be rubbed in the viewers faces TOO much or they will think voting doesn't matter because winning doesn't matter.

But, whether the artists who are successful were winners or not, they became successful. Idol is going to pimp the successful singers who came out of the show. My question is this: If Idol is not manipulating the results and the artists who win are getting the popular vote, why are they not doing as well as the contestants who did not win?

PrincessLeppard
05-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Even though I found Lee about as exciting as watching paint dry (:P), I agree that he should perform on the results show.

But I have a feeling they would've not invited him even if Adam's picture wasn't running during the opening montage. ;)

taf2002
05-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Idoloonies is up.

Dragonlady
05-24-2011, 06:38 PM
But, whether the artists who are successful were winners or not, they became successful. Idol is going to pimp the successful singers who came out of the show. My question is this: If Idol is not manipulating the results and the artists who win are getting the popular vote, why are they not doing as well as the contestants who did not win?

Because people vote for the cutest, the sweetest, the guy/gal who was the most fun or who came across the best in the video clips, not necessarily the most talented or the most ambitious. Taylor Hicks appealed to voters with his "Soul Patrol" and he just seemed like such a "nice boy" I'm sure he got lots of people to vote for him, whereas Chris Daughtry was bald, married, and sang heavier rock which didn't appeal to as wide an audience.

Jennifer Hudson was fat. Whether people will admit it or not, fat people aren't well liked.

Last but certainly not least, is the work ethic. Rumours were that Reuben Stoddard was unwilling to lose weight, and resisted the makeover that Idol starmakers tried to put on him, and so they quit trying to push the guy, in more ways than one.

PrincessLeppard
05-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Reuben won, though, right? ;)

Dragonlady
05-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes, but Reuben won, but he's a winner who didn't do well. The question was why are some of the winners not doing as well as those who didn't win. My response included both winners who haven't done all that well (Hicks and Stoddard) and those who didn't win but have done very well (Daughtry and Hudson).

PeterG
05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Reminder, it's tonight for those planning on viewing in real time. Catch you tomorrow.

:lol: When does the X-Factor start?

Whether people will admit it or not, fat people aren't well liked.

Previous winners:

Season two: Ruben Studdard
Season six: Jordin Sparks
Season five: Taylor Hicks

And season one and three's winners, Kelly Clarkson and Fantasia have both gone through periods after winning when there weight was on the heavy side.

So I disagree. Sometimes the USA loves 'em big and beautiful. :)

BigB08822
05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Taylor Hicks was big? In what way? Sparks just had that amazon look but she never even approached being fat. As for people becoming bigger after winning, well that doesn't really factor in because Idol was over for them so fat people having trouble on Idol no longer applies to them.

taf2002
05-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Prior to Idol, Jordin Sparks was a plus size model, so yes she was overweight. And Ruben was fat. But the others weren't fat during their seasons. Lauren Alaina has said that she has lost 20 lbs during the season...I thought she was fat at the beginning but she is looking better now.

Dragonlady
05-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Prior to Idol, Jordin Sparks was a plus size model, so yes she was overweight. And Ruben was fat. But the others weren't fat during their seasons. Lauren Alaina has said that she has lost 20 lbs during the season...I thought she was fat at the beginning but she is looking better now.

Being a "plus size model" does not necessarily mean a person is overweight. It simply means that they aren't anorexic. High fashion models are at least 5' 8" tall (and 5' 8" is considered short), and no bigger than a size 4. They meet every definition of dangerously underweight you want to throw out there even if their weight is natural and (for them) healthy.

Plus size models are a more realistic weight - i.e. normal weight for their height, but they are not size 4. Jordan was a healthy looking girl but definitely not fat.

BigB08822
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
LMAO at plus size model = being overweight. You are aware that a plus size model can be someone in a size 6, right?

taf2002
05-24-2011, 09:18 PM
When she recently performed on Idol she was a healthy looking girl but still bigger than a model...she really looked good. IMO she did not look good during her season . She has now lost a huge amt of weight (she said 30lbs) so you do the math.