PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

taf2002
05-22-2011, 02:50 AM
This is a Youtube of Haley's swan song but it has a nice little photo slideshow at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJX1ldixwCI

PrincessLeppard
05-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Michael Slezak has an interview with James up on tvline. It's kind of cute. :)

Allskate
05-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Michael Slezak has an interview with James up on tvline. It's kind of cute. :)

It is cute to see how excited he gets about music. I really, really hope that he's got someone good looking out for him. I think it's his Asperger's, but I always feel that way when I see him interviewed - like a kid who gets really excited, but might not see everything clearly or express himself in the best way. For example, the way that he trusted those cameramen during Hollywood Week and they used it against him.

He's very excited about this week's performance and Nigel hinted that there would be something good for his fans. I wonder what it is. Maybe singing with one of his Idols? Or maybe a new song. Someone got video of Haley's parents at a party or something mentioning that Jimmy recorded a song with Haley already and that they might test it out as a single and might even play it on Wednesday's show. (Apparently, if they like the single, then she might get an album deal.) Personally, I think that the original songs released finale week really should be for the final two, but I think we might get several new songs from others like Pia, James, and Haley. Though I do wonder how interested Jimmy is in working with James.

Ellen already made it public that Casey would be performing with Jack Black. I would have preferred Esperanza Spaulding.

Any other leaks on who will be on Wednesday's performance show? I'm looking forward to David Cook doing a different song.

Kruss
05-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Any other leaks on who will be on Wednesday's performance show? I'm looking forward to David Cook doing a different song.

Semi-related...the video to his new single just showed up on iTunes as a free download. It's cute.

taf2002
05-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Great news about Haley...I'm now looking forward to Wednesday night. I'm still not watching Tuesday but will definitely catch the results show.

There is now an interview up on Idoloonies with Nigel Lithgow. It's pretty good.

Kruss
05-23-2011, 07:10 PM
For those who want to see David Cook perform the boot song, he'll be doing that on Tuesday, not Wednesday.

PrincessLeppard
05-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I'll catch it on youtube.

Cyn
05-23-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll catch it on youtube.

Same here.

Between Haley's/James' fans not planning on tuning in for the HeeHaw Hoedown and the decision to air the show on Tues/Wed rather than Wed/Thu (during the same time as the DWTS season finale), it will be interesting to see how the ratings play out for AI.

As for James, if Steven isn't performing with him, I wonder if they're bringing Judas Priest on :rofl: . I would die laughing but be :respec: at the same time.

taf2002
05-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Who do you think they will get for Haley to sing with? Since Casey is singing with Jack Black, I think Esperanza Spalding would be great or even Melinda Doolittle.

ETA: I just saw a tweet that indicates that Adam Lambert will be there for the finale. I haven't seen that announced anywhere official.

Kruss
05-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Though I wasn't a fan of Lee's, I think it's really sh!tty what Idol has done. It's always been tradition for the present Idol winner to hand over the keys to the title at the finale by performing. This year, Idol didn't bother to ask Lee or include him in anyway, so he won't be performing. He just confirmed that via twitter.

It started when they included non-winners in the opening credits. It ends with them shafting their current Idol. Clearly, winning means nothing to this show anymore. Pathetic. Really crappy. Nigel, you suck in so many regards.

LuckyCharm
05-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Though I wasn't a fan of Lee's, I think it's really sh!tty what Idol has done. It's always been tradition for the present Idol winner to hand over the keys to the title at the finale by performing. This year, Idol didn't bother to ask Lee or include him in anyway, so he won't be performing. He just confirmed that via twitter.

It started when they included non-winners in the opening credits. It ends with them shafting their current Idol. Clearly, winning means nothing to this show anymore. Pathetic. Really crappy. Nigel, you suck in so many regards.

I think giving props to non-winners who have done well is a good thing, but shafting actual winners is just lame, not to mention that the winner in question was incessantly pimped by the judges and producers. Now they regret their choice, but it's not fair to take it out on Lee.

BigB08822
05-24-2011, 03:23 AM
It does suck for Lee. He should have been brought back to perform, he does have an album after all, even if it only sold 500 copies. It also isn't Lee's fault he is the winner. The producers practically hand fed him the entire win so they should deal with it and allow Lee the same perks past winners have gotten.

Kruss
05-24-2011, 03:45 AM
I wonder how well he could have done had he been able to do his own stuff instead of the pop crap they gave him. Local rock radio, which never plays Idols, was playing Lee before he even went on the show. Just curious about that.

Meanwhile, I do have a problem with them giving props to prior non-winners in areas where only winners previously were showcased, such as the opening credits. Having the non-winners on to sing during results shows, for example, is a better way to give them a chance to showcase their current projects, as well as a great way to give them kudos and respect for what they accomplished.

But to put them squarely in the same place as winners, it's sending the clear message that the producers felt these were winners as well. And though some may have had some success that surpassed Idol, it still didn't sit well with me to pretty much say "these are winners along with those that were crowned".

Whether we agree with who won or didn't win, it used to mean something to be crowned Idol. Or so I thought. Now, not so much.

BigB08822
05-24-2011, 03:52 AM
I think one of Idol's problems, not that it can be or should be avoided, is that you don't have to win the show to be a success. That is something to be celebrated in a way but it shouldn't be rubbed in the viewers faces TOO much or they will think voting doesn't matter because winning doesn't matter.

Kruss
05-24-2011, 04:05 AM
I agree. I think that there are so many success stories, big and small, that come out of Idol. But if they won't want to crown true winners anymore, then why bother? What does "competition" mean anyway? (Not that I think it's a true competition anymore...jaded me...)