PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

my little pony
05-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Or be forced to audition under the same conditions (a cappella, no autotune) to prove they can actually, you know, sing.

they have a show like that, it is called the Voice

rfisher
05-20-2011, 03:44 AM
A quick glance through the Billboard top 100 has over 25% country artists, so Scotty and Lauren have the potential of $$$$$. The only AI alum is Jordan Sparks.

Dragonlady
05-20-2011, 04:01 AM
I must be the only one here who is happy to see Haley out of the final. My favourites have all been sent home but I figured right from the beginning that Scotty would make it to the final. I just wish that James was with him.

pollyanna
05-20-2011, 04:08 AM
Reality Rocks blog (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/422551/idol-top-3-results-a-little-bit-country-an-even-littler-bit-rock-n-roll/)

It's clear that this was the producers' plan from the beginning--Scotty was glowingly mentioned in some of Nigel's pre-Season 10 promo interviews, and Lauren was aggressively pimped throughout the season, ever since her first audition when Steven Tyler called her "The One." The powers-that-be really wanted these country kids, and I do mean KIDS--this year the age limit was lowered to 15 (the tender age Lauren was when she first auditioned), and in interviews Nigel frequently bragged about the caliber of this season's youngest singers. He also seemed to push Lauren and Scotty together every chance he got, having them sing cutesy duets and encouraging Ryan Seacrest to interrogate them about their (non-existent) romance. Meanwhile, Haley was thrown under the bus so much, I was beginning to wonder if this show was sponsored by Greyhound.

Allskate
05-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Or take hearing tests.

Or give their comments while hooked up to a lie detector!

Or give comments without receiving any input from Nigel!

And, while they're at it, get rid of Jimmy and his team's song "suggestions."

they have a show like that, it is called the Voice

I haven't watched it the last couple of weeks because it's on opposite The Good Wife. But, maybe I'll use next Tuesday to catch up with The Voice on hulu.

Cyn
05-20-2011, 04:22 AM

my little pony
05-20-2011, 04:23 AM
Er, we're talking about the qualification process for the judges themselves :lol: .

i know. all of the judges on the voice can sing. then they bring in these assistant. mentors, and get this, they can sing too. it is a totally novel concept.

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 04:48 AM
The TWOP recap of last night's show had me giggling. A lot.

Cyn
05-20-2011, 04:53 AM
i know. all of the judges on the voice can sing. then they bring in these assistant. mentors, and get this, they can sing too. it is a totally novel concept.

I'll have to check it out then.

Regarding my comment, it was supposed to be more of a dig at the judges, especially Jennifer Lopez, who should have married the inventor of the Autotune instead of the walking skeleton. As irritating as I find Scotty and Lauren to be from a personality viewpoint, I'm more aggravated with the judges for farting chocolate and roses all over them week after week. Their flaws were glossed over, excused (it's okay if you went off pitch or some such crap to Lauren last night? Seriously?) when they shat all over Haley week after week after week and nitpicked her to death. Coming from Randy Jackson who is still stuck in his Journey glory days, JLo, who can't sing a note to save her life, and Steven, who in his day was a great singer and performer but likely doesn't remember it due to all the brain cells killed from years of drug use, none of them are qualified to help any contestant grow and develop as an artist.

Sorry if this comes off as venting -- it's not directed at you, but rather the show. I'm still in the early stage of our breakup :lol: , and just thinking about this show restoke the fires of anger and disgust.

I've been sitting here trying to think of any performance of Scotty's that stands out, and every last one of them, save that atrocious version of "Youngblood" that should have sent him home, run together in a monotone blur that is punctuated with that ridiculous mike toss and smug-ass smirk. When I try the same with Lauren's performances, it's the same result - one endless song riddled with breath issues, lack of power, nerves, and a complete lack of comprehension of the lyrics (I don't think it's any secret that she comes off as dumb as a sack of hair).

Overall, when I think of either of these two this season, it's like someone popped a CD in the stereo, hit play, and then paused it until they took the stage the next week. The judges could have put an end to that if they had bothered to give them some type of criticism resembling a kick in the ass to help both of them grow as singers and especially as performers. They're pretty much in the same exact place (growth-arc-wise) as they were during their auditions, and for me that adds up to AI Ambien. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz……

Right now I'm so disgusted with Nigel I don't want to bother tuning in to watch SYTYCD, because I fear the machinations are going to be the same -- hell, they almost were last year with Kent and Lauren. If 19Evil wants to turn these shows into a TweenFest, this show is but a dim memory for me.

victoriaheidi
05-20-2011, 05:00 AM
:( Did love Haley's final performance of "Bennie and the Jets" (which, imo, is the song which sent her from "next girl off" to the top three) and her attitude on the whole thing.

Lyndsey Parker's blog (Reality Rocks, quoted above) really did a 180 on Haley-she hated her at first, but she loved her by the end.

I hope Haley gets signed and releases an album in the relatively near future. I think she has big potential.

Allskate
05-20-2011, 05:01 AM
OMG. My favorite moment of the results show was during the sing-out when Haley sang "Randy and J.Lo, have you seen them yet? Whoah but they're so spaced out." And then she sings to Steven "Oh, but they're weird and they're wonderful." Freaking hilarious! :lol:

BigB08822
05-20-2011, 05:09 AM
OMG. My favorite moment of the results show was during the sing-out when Haley sang "Randy and J.Lo, have you seen them yet? Whoah but they're so spaced out." And then she sings to Steven "Oh, but they're weird and they're wonderful." Freaking hilarious! :lol:

:rofl: I was with my friends as they ate crawfish and there was karaoke going on. I could see the TV but not hear anything as it was muted. The entire time I was thinking "please make some smart ass remark about Randy...please...please.." LOVE that she did it and threw Jennifer in there, too.

BigB08822
05-20-2011, 05:11 AM
When Haley was voted into the top 13 I didn't understand why. I didn't hate her but she was completely unmemorable to me. I was so confused as to why she made it through directly, not even having to win a wildcard spot. I thought America had it so wrong. I was the wrong one and Haley goes down as my favorite from the entire season, so she is a winner with me!

Allskate
05-20-2011, 05:18 AM
:rofl: I was with my friends as they ate crawfish and there was karaoke going on. I could see the TV but not hear anything as it was muted. The entire time I was thinking "please make some smart ass remark about Randy...please...please.." LOVE that she did it and threw Jennifer in there, too.

It's at about 1:14 on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze8I6ZRVgcA&feature=player_embedded#at=79

What makes it even funnier is that Randy just continues mindlessly bopping his head along. Even now he's not really bothering to pay attention to her.

Kruss
05-20-2011, 05:25 AM
OMG, I missed that. Priceless!! Love that girl. She's going to be just fine.