PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Allskate
05-20-2011, 02:24 AM
OK, Tivo only for next week. Too bad Top Model is done. Anyone have any good suggestions for entertainment next Wednesday?

If you enjoy watching steam come out of Michael Slezak's ears, you could spend that time watching Idoloonies. :lol:

cruisin
05-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Well, they have lost me. I just stayed out this season to see how Haley ended up. I won't be watching next year. I can't take Ryan or Randy another year. And if Jennifer comes back that will be another reason to stay away.

It's funny, when I heard Steven Tyler I expected him to be the waste of space judge. He wound up being the most entertaining and the most spot on with his comments. If Randy (far too old) says dude one more time, I'm going to throw my TV out the window! :lol: Randy - grow up! As off the wall as Steven is, he comes across more coherent.

Kruss
05-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Ah, the "youngest" match-up on Idol. There you go.

Ryan read that line well, eh? You know Nigel wrote it about 6 months ago. *snerk*

I think it was clear from the beginning they wanted a Beiber. They skewed all the contestants to that end.

Yup.

I'm not surprised, and I'm actually glad for Haley. Can you imagine them mis-managing her into a pop princess for her first album instead of the bluesy jazzy rocker she is? I think she'll be better off. I know many times that's the cry of the fans of whose who don't win, but in this case I truly believe it. Haley will be fine.

As for the finale, Scotty has this in the bag. Of the two, he deserves it more, but this final 2 is a snoozefest.

But yes, David Cook next week. :D

cruisin
05-20-2011, 02:28 AM
The only thing worse that could happen is if Scotty does not win. :eek:

I kind of liked Scotty's home coming reel. I think his tears in the car were sincere. I also liked that he did his baseball thing. Lauren came across as beyond phony.

Cyn
05-20-2011, 02:31 AM
:rofl: So far over at TWoP, they're calling next week:

Hee-Haw Hoedown Idol
Jethro & Ellie Mae Idol
Backwards-ass country-fcuk Idol

Can't wait to see what other gems they come up with.

ETA: Junior Sample vs. Minnie Pearl :rofl:

cruisin
05-20-2011, 02:34 AM
:rofl: So far over at TWoP, they're calling next week:

Hee-Haw Hoedown Idol
Jethro & Ellie Mae Idol

Can't wait to see what other gems they come up with.

ETA: Junior Sample vs. Minnie Pearl :rofl:

Nah, Minnie had a sense of humor (and she dressed better :eek:) :shuffle:

But I love it!

BTW, I love your "location". I feel blessed to have grown up with The Beatles, The Stones, Joplin, Zeppelin, Clapton, C,S,N,& Y. etc. The Woodstock generation had the privilege of living through the most amazing music, ever.

Just a note, it was cool to see Steven totally loving Il Volo. I think there is a strong connection between classical and classic rock.

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Before next year, all the judges should be required to watch Idoloonies.

cruisin
05-20-2011, 02:41 AM

Or take hearing tests.

nubka
05-20-2011, 02:50 AM
It's funny, when I hear Steven Tyler I expected him to be the waste of space judge. He wound up being the most entertaining and the most spot on with his comments. If Randy (far too old) says dude one more time, I'm going to throw my TV out the window! :lol: Randy - grow up! As off the wall as Steven is, he comes across more coherent.

Yes, Steven is very original - he never gives feedback, and every performance is beautiful... :P

KikiSashaFan
05-20-2011, 03:11 AM

:rofl::rofl:

Jenna
05-20-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm buying tickets for this tour just to see Haley!

I'm going to watch next week. I've invested five months in this show so far, so I don't know why I would skip the last episode.

Will anyone be joining me?

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 03:13 AM
The performance show? No. The finale? Yes. :)

Marilou
05-20-2011, 03:15 AM
The performance show? No. The finale? Yes. :)

Same....

Satellitegirl
05-20-2011, 03:27 AM
I'll be watching Modern Family. Mediocre America wins again.

Cyn
05-20-2011, 03:35 AM

Or take hearing tests.

Or be forced to audition under the same conditions (a cappella, no autotune) to prove they can actually, you know, sing.