PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Cyn
05-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Well, that was anti-climactic.

I won't bother tuning in next week for the show. I will for the result/finale to watch James and Haley perform.

Did anyone notice that Ryan didn't announce the vote totals? Or did he say it at the top of the show?

ETA: As a native Georgian, it is absolutely embarrassing that Lauren Alaina is from the same state.

rfisher
05-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Well, that was anti-climactic.

I won't bother tuning in next week for the show. I will for the result/finale to watch James and Haley perform.

Did anyone notice that Ryan didn't announce the vote totals? Or did he say it at the top of the show?

He did. 95 million.

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 02:01 AM
He said 95 million, the highest ever. Except I was thinking the number for the Battle of the Davids was higher.

rfisher
He said 95 million, the highest ever. Except I was thinking the number for the Battle of the Davids was higher.

He said it was the highest for a non-final show, not the highest ever.

my little pony

did he say how many of those were tossed in a shredder?

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 02:04 AM
He said it was the highest for a non-final show, not the highest ever.

I missed that, thanks.

No shredder was mentioned. ;)

Allskate
05-20-2011, 02:07 AM
I think it was clear from the beginning they wanted a Beiber. They skewed all the contestants to that end.

Yep. And they know that their biggest fan base is in the South and country music sells. If this is their recipe for the future of Idol, including this bunch of lame judges, then this is probably my last season as an Idol viewer. I won't be watching the performance show next week. Not out of protest, but just because these two kids hold no interest for me.

Aceon6
05-20-2011, 02:07 AM
OK, Tivo only for next week. Too bad Top Model is done. Anyone have any good suggestions for entertainment next Wednesday?

jenny12
05-20-2011, 02:08 AM
OK, Tivo only for next week. Too bad Top Model is done. Anyone have any good suggestions for entertainment next Wednesday?

Give the NBA a shot. The playoffs have been really good this year.

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Performance show is Tuesday; results show is Wednesday. Be sure to watch that one. :)

Allskate
05-20-2011, 02:10 AM
God knows I'm no fan of the judges at Idol, but I just really don't think the show is in any danger.

Oh, I agree with that. Aside from the cost of the judges, this show is not very expensive to produce. They could lose half their audience and still be okay.

taf2002
05-20-2011, 02:10 AM
ETA: As a native Georgian, it is absolutely embarrassing that Lauren Alaina is from the same state.

You should be ashamed. She's a mess. :)

I won't be watching the Tuesday show either but I will DVR the Wednesday show so I can see the performances of everyone else. I don't dislike Scotty or Lauren but I honestly can't remember one song either has sung other than a couple of last night's songs. Neither one is memorable to me. As a contrast, I can remember most of Paul's & Casey's & all of Haley's.

taf2002
05-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Well, they have lost me. I just stayed out this season to see how Haley ended up. I won't be watching next year. I can't take Ryan or Randy another year. And if Jennifer comes back that will be another reason to stay away.

rfisher
05-20-2011, 02:15 AM

Modern Family :cheer2:

cruisin
05-20-2011, 02:21 AM
She was in the audience and Ryan interviewed her....one of those things you had to see....:shuffle:

I thought it was on last night. I hadn't started watching tonight yet, but I saw it, and she was :confused:!

Spain's answer to Il Divo? They're actually better.

And they are two 16 year olds and a 17 year old. Those are amazing young voices, Idol has no clue.

Not surprised Haley was axed. I think she was, she looked stunned. I didn't notice any hate coming from Jennifer. I did notice that Steven was not happy with the result. I'm disappointed in the voting, but Haley will do fine. The best has not won in the last few years - Adam and Crystal prove that.