PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Dragonlady
05-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Haley is in third.

Scotty - 29,495
Lauren - 14,198
Haley - 12,763

my little pony
05-19-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't want to watch Nashville star, sorry. The same reason country albums sell so well is going to be the same reason the country contestants get tons of votes, loyal fanbases.

ita

but the sad thing is that nashville star was much better, better contestants, better mentoring, better performances

Jenna
05-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Haley is in third.

Scotty - 29,495
Lauren - 14,198
Haley - 12,763

On the main page, there is a poll - "Who do you want to win?"

Haley - 48%
Scotty - 31%
Lauren - 20%

Tesla
05-19-2011, 09:15 PM
On the main page, there is a poll - "Who do you want to win?"

Haley - 48%
Scotty - 31%
Lauren - 20%

Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean anything.

Jenna
05-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean anything.

Why not? It is an indication that people like her. I think Scotty has his slot locked up. It looks like it's going to come down to Haley and Lauren and it will be close. DialIdol isn't always reliable. Last week, they had Haley trailing James by more than she trails Lauren this week.

BigB08822
05-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Haley won the raw numbers easily but kind of tied for Lauren for least amount of busy signals, which may be why more calls got in for her. I don't worry about DialIdol unless they show a runaway. Haley is well within the margin of error to beat out Lauren and DialIdol has been wrong a few times this season. They had Haley in last place last week.

BigB08822
05-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't understand why people continuously say Lauren never sang country in her initial auditions. She sang a country song FIRST. At least, that is the edit we got. Where did this sudden change of history occur? They played her up as a country artist from day 1. I always knew it, how did anyone else miss out on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYgAG5oRcg

rfisher
05-19-2011, 09:55 PM
What I find interesting is the fact Fox is moving the finale back to Tuesday and putting the Glee finale against The Voice. I think it was clear they moved Idol to Wed/Thursday this season so they didn't go head to head with DWTS. I really hope this means the ratings for The Voice are sufficiently good enough to give the network pause. I'm not a Glee fan so it's not an issue for me. If AI were on opposite TV, I'd opt for TV.

taf2002
05-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I DVR Glee, TV, & AI anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Allskate
05-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't understand why people continuously say Lauren never sang country in her initial auditions. She sang a country song FIRST. At least, that is the edit we got. Where did this sudden change of history occur? They played her up as a country artist from day 1. I always knew it, how did anyone else miss out on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYgAG5oRcg

It's easy to miss if you're not familiar with the song and not a country fan. With her first auditions, it just seemed to me like some girl from the South was singing a ballad. And then she sang Aerosmith and some non-country songs during the Hollywood rounds. So, I don't think they played her up as country. With Scotty, OTOH, they left out his non-country performances and totally played him up as country.

cruisin
05-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Interesting article: http://www.bettorsworld.com/idol-winner.htm

BigB08822
05-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Did Haley's fall result in people searching for the video and tweeting about it? When something like that happens it could result in a seeming popularity boost but it is really about the event (fall, awful performance, cusses at judges, etc.) I hope they are right but am not getting my hopes up. I wont be watching tonight, can't handle it, will keep checking on my phone from a friends house.

cruisin
05-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I really liked all of the songs for Haley. Before she fell, I told my husband she shouldn't have worn those shoes for the Zeppelin number. The wind machine for Rhiannon was a little :rolleyes: but she sounded great. And I think picking the Allanis Morrisette backfired on Randy - she did a great job with it. I still fear she'll go home though.

I also thought she did a good job with the Allanis song, I was worried it would not work. I thought the Zeppelin song was awesome. Blew me away when she fell and didn't skip a beat. Rhiannon was, in parts really good, but in parts where she sang more softly she lost too much power. I agree, the wind machine was lame, and I wondered if it made it harder for her to breathe properly.

Scotty's performances blend together for me too. I still think he will win, but I am hoping the voters will surprise me.

I have said and thought, all along, that Scotty has a really good voice. I'm not a country fan, but I could hear that he was doing it well. Last night, he was boring, it was like he sang the same song 3 times. And why would they make him sing She Believes in Me? How many times have we heard the judges tell a contestant that they need to make the song current? Scotty came across about as dated as it gets.

cruisin
05-20-2011, 12:19 AM
The spikes for Haley appear to have started two/three weeks ago. So, I don't think the fall had anything to do with it. However, who knows what searches can predict. I just thought it was an interesting approach.

PrincessLeppard
05-20-2011, 12:34 AM
What I find interesting is the fact Fox is moving the finale back to Tuesday and putting the Glee finale against The Voice. I think it was clear they moved Idol to Wed/Thursday this season so they didn't go head to head with DWTS. I really hope this means the ratings for The Voice are sufficiently good enough to give the network pause. I'm not a Glee fan so it's not an issue for me. If AI were on opposite TV, I'd opt for TV.

I really don't think Idol is worried. It was the number 1 (and 2) rated show. The Voice wasn't even top ten.