PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Dragonlady
05-19-2011, 05:24 PM
If Haley and Scotty make the final (and the judges were certainly pushing for that last night), they could still do the Donnie and Marie song.

nubka
05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
I watched AI last night, but didn't vote at all (I'm still in James withdrawl... :( :( :()

nypanda
05-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Does anyone else think they ruined Lauren by making her go the country route? She NEVER sang country in the original auditions - and I thought she sounded so much better on the audition tapes -- more connected, even.

Haley's the only one left with any range. Unless they change Lauren's script at the 11th hour and have her strutting out singing what she started with...

Aceon6
05-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Does anyone else think they ruined Lauren by making her go the country route? She NEVER sang country in the original auditions - and I thought she sounded so much better on the audition tapes -- more connected, even.

Haley's the only one left with any range. Unless they change Lauren's script at the 11th hour and have her strutting out singing what she started with...

Lauren was 15 and probably just likes singing songs that she liked. I doubt anyone ever sat her down and said "Honey, you'll be stuck singing this stuff for a while, so what genre should we focus on?"

Kelly was a rocker, too, but rarely got a chance to sing rock.

Dragonlady
05-19-2011, 06:40 PM
It’s interesting that people make the comment that Scotty should “stretch himself” but they also make comments that other performers need to find their musical focus.

Scotty knows who he is and where his strengths lie. It makes no sense for him to try to sing opera (for example) since he has no intention of being an opera singer. All too often, contestants who have tried something jazzy or broadway, and done poorly at it.

If you don’t know what kind of performer you want to be, then by all means, use the opportunity to try out different styles, but if you know who you are musically, why not go with it?

Allskate
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
It’s interesting that people make the comment that Scotty should “stretch himself” but they also make comments that other performers need to find their musical focus.

Nobody expects Scotty to sing opera, but he didn't even stretch himself much within the country genre. So many of his songs run together in my mind. I've said this before, but I think he's kind of gutless. BTW, if there's someone who made genre choices based on things other than personal interests, he would be one of them. From what I've read, he did perform non-country songs in the Hollywood rounds. But, obviously, he and the people he relied upon decided that he was going to pitch himself to the public as a "country boy." And a country boy with very limited range.

I get that country is the genre where people are making money right now, but most country fans do appreciate a variety of music, including within the "country" genre.

Kruss
05-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Well, they're trying to. Just like they wanted a "good/evil" (Danny/Adam) final two in Season 8, I'm pretty sure they wanted a "rock/country" (James/Scotty) final two this year. They could have opened the final two show with that Donny and Marie song. :rofl:

PML!!!

I'm almost embarassed to admit I know every word to that song.

cruisin
05-19-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm really getting pathetic, but I just check the Dialidol poll and Haley is winning. :cheer2:

Not anymore :(

Satellitegirl
05-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I voted 3 times for Haley last night and once for Scotty.

Rob
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I only voted for Haley.

Same here.

Tesla
05-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I voted only for Haley for about 1/2 an hour. I don't know how many votes I cast, though. If it's a Scotty/Lauren finale, that is going to be an awfully boring final performance show.

BigB08822
05-19-2011, 08:45 PM
If it is a Scotty/Lauren final then I am not watching and this is coming from someone who tried really hard to get behind Lauren.

I really am afraid we may be seeing the beginning of a shift. We will start seeing more country people auditioning and we will see them getting really deep in the competition more often and always having at least one in the finale whether they deserve it or not. I don't want to watch Nashville star, sorry. The same reason country albums sell so well is going to be the same reason the country contestants get tons of votes, loyal fanbases.

Tesla
05-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I won't watch the performance show, but I will watch the results because I want to see the other performances.

Rob
05-19-2011, 08:52 PM

I also thought she sounded much better in the audition. She went backwards when the show started, then grew stronger vocally, but not so much in her command of the stage. Last night in her first song, she did the same little walk foreward, wiggle, arm movement #1, arm movement #2, walk, wiggle, walk around the musician that she has done in most of her performances. It made me think she had been doing this since she was a child in pageants or contests and it is all she is comfortable with. She needed a couple of years. I also think she has beautiful eyes, and they would stand out as mesmerizing if she let her hair go what must be her natural color (the brown underneath) instead of the ombre shading. She did miss some notes and the one whole verse. Her last song was my favorite for her.

I really liked all of the songs for Haley. Before she fell, I told my husband she shouldn't have worn those shoes for the Zeppelin number. The wind machine for Rhiannon was a little :rolleyes: but she sounded great. And I think picking the Allanis Morrisette backfired on Randy - she did a great job with it. I still fear she'll go home though.

Scotty's performances blend together for me too. I still think he will win, but I am hoping the voters will surprise me.

Jenna
05-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Not anymore :(

She is! The poll on the main menu, not the predictions.