PDA

View Full Version : AI: Top 3 (May 18th & 19th) (merged with the poll)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Allskate
05-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Definitely Haley.

Allskate
05-19-2011, 06:02 AM
It was really interesting seeing the original auditions and the recaps at the end. It really showcased how much Haley had grown and improved -- and how much the other two really hadn't.

"You Oughta Know" was a stupid song choice given what they had to do with the lyrics and the main sentiment of that song. But, that wasn't Haley's fault. IMO, she nailed it with her other two songs and showed versatility. I really didn't care for her at all at the beginning of the season, but I definitely respect her and her talent now.

They gave Scotty a free pass, especially with his first song, where he struggled.

I continue to think that Lauren should have waited a few years to do this show. She doesn't just lack the confidence. She just lacks the phrasing and connection with the songs. I didn't get goosebumps with "I Hope You Dance" and I should have. I do think she has plenty of raw talent, though, and country is the best-selling genre in the U.S., so I'm sure someone will sign her.

PeterG
05-19-2011, 07:15 AM
I thought Scotty was pretty bad tonight. DialIdol has him well in first-place. I think it's a given that Scotty will be our next American Idol. Blah..............

PeterG
05-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I thought Scotty was pretty bad tonight. DialIdol has him well in first-place. I think it's a given that Scotty will be our next American Idol. Blah..............

Oh, and DialIdol is predicting that the one to go one will be Haley. America apparently feels quite a bit different than us FSU'ers.

Jenna
05-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Oh, and DialIdol is predicting that the one to go one will be Haley. America apparently feels quite a bit different than us FSU'ers.

But it said that last week too, and the margin is so close.

Aceon6
05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
What a boring night. Of the three, Scotty had the most consistent night, Haley didn't do anything bad, and Lauren was the only one with a major slip up vocally. Judging strictly from last night, I'd put Scotty and Haley in the final.

Dragonlady
05-19-2011, 02:26 PM
My aversion to Haley is that she doesn't sing the high octane choruses, she shouts them. She did it in the Zepellin song, and she did it in You Oughta Know. I thought she was going to kill on Rhiannon which started out brilliantly, but then she lost it on the verses.

No I wasn't expecting Robert Plant, but I was expecting the piece to be sung, not shouted.

nerdycool
05-19-2011, 03:58 PM
My FB friends, who all loathe Haley now for staying while James went, did for Lauren what we did for Haley last week... power vote no matter how they did. So I think it'll be very close.

taf2002
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
My FB friends, who all loathe Haley now for staying while James went, did for Lauren what we did for Haley last week... power vote no matter how they did. So I think it'll be very close.

I have trouble with this kind of thinking. I didn't blame Stephano for Pia going either. If anyone, they should have blamed Lauren. But of course, they shouldn't "blame" anyone.

Fridge_Break
05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I have trouble with this kind of thinking. I didn't blame Stephano for Pia going either. If anyone, they should have blamed Lauren. But of course, they shouldn't "blame" anyone.

They should blame themselves for not voting enough. :shuffle:

PeterG
05-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I still blame Nicki McKibbin for ruining Tamyra Gray's career. That red-haired BITCH!!! :mad: :lynch: :revenge: :angryfire

Some things a person just can never get over...

Dragonlady
05-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Make that "America disagrees with SOME FSU's" because I wouldn't vote for Haley. I've wanted her gone since week 1.

Allskate
05-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Yeah. If they insist on the illogical approach of blaming someone other than James and the voters, I don't get why they would blame Haley. They announced her as safe first and she had a great week. Maybe they stupidly believed all the crap the judges said about Haley?

Kruss
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM
No one should blame anyone other than the producers. They're skewing the entire show to get the results they want.

PrincessLeppard
05-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, they're trying to. Just like they wanted a "good/evil" (Danny/Adam) final two in Season 8, I'm pretty sure they wanted a "rock/country" (James/Scotty) final two this year. They could have opened the final two show with that Donny and Marie song. :rofl: