PDA

View Full Version : The coolest marriage proposal I've ever seen!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Really
05-18-2011, 03:02 AM
This is some creative (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/17/movie-trailer-proposal-video_n_863221.html?)! And of course, being the sap I am, I got all leaky watching it!

BigB08822
05-18-2011, 03:03 AM
I saw this earlier and loved it. I even got teary eyed!

Angela-Fan
05-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Wow how did he do that? I wonder how much he had to pay for that.
I am not sure what to think. I guess it's sweet, but also a little embarrassing happening in front of all those people.

Norlite
05-18-2011, 03:26 AM
I think the theatre was filled with friends and family. It was not a real movie showing.

But yeah, as beautiful as it was, I was wondering how much it cost him too.

BigB08822
05-18-2011, 03:38 AM
I think at the end he shows her that everyone in the theater is someone she knows. Maybe he has a good friend at the theater so he got a break but if not it probably was expensive. However, people rent out theaters often so it can't be that outrageous.

Matryeshka
05-18-2011, 03:59 AM
I'm sorry, this might make me a grinch or whatever, but I would accept the proposal publically...and privately rip him a new one, probably before giving him back the ring.

I hate public proposals. Hate them, hate them, HATE THEM. It becomes more about "look at this huge gesture I made. Look at me proposing to you. Aren't I a great, fabulous, romantic guy? I'll bet every girl wishes it was them instead of you." It puts you on the spot, everyone is looking at you, and it's not a special moment between two people, it's well...a youtube video. :rolleyes:

Save your grand gestures for bad romantic comedies. If I ever get proposed to, it better be private and meaningful for the two of us, not us and fifty of our friends, family, and others. A Grand Gesture to me says: generic, attention-seeking, insecure about my answer so making a public declaration will ensure you say yes because only a heartless beyotch would say no.

RockTheTassel
05-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Well, a proposal like this certainly isn't everyone's thing. I think anyone considering something public and grand should get opinions from his signifcant other's family and friends first. But it can be sweet and memorable, and I think this one was.

I don't think it's about attention and insecurity in a lot of cases. The guy proposing is probably just excited about marrying someone he loves and wants to do something memorable. My mom's friend's son did a big, romantic proposal to his longtime girlfriend, and he wasn't a selfish, attention-seeking type. He just wanted it to be a fun, unique memory the two of them could share.

missflick
05-18-2011, 06:19 AM
entire quote

And I couldn't agree with you more.

BigB08822
05-18-2011, 06:31 AM
I could see how it would not be some people's thing. I just think it was so neatly done and perfectly executed.

For me, I would just DIE if someone did that. However, I do anything in my power to NOT be noticed in public. I don't want all eyes on me, even if they are family and friends. I hate being center of attention. My bf has mentioned throwing a surprise commitment ceremony and I've warned him how embarrassing it would be for HIM when I refuse to participate.

millipied
05-18-2011, 06:58 AM
How about this one:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnyKkA05nYw

genegri
05-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Another proof that I don't have a romantic bone in me ... I cringed from beginning to the end. :lol:

I kept waiting for the teary part to come, but for me, it didn't. :P The whole footage is so corny and the setup so predictable.

But who cares what I think? She obviously loved it and that is all it matters. :) And at least as far as I know, this is the first movie trailer proposal so the guy is at least original at that.

Spareoom
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I think it really depends on your cuppa tea. If someone wants to propose to me in public, that's fine, but he'd better be dang sure that I'm going to say yes before he does it. If he really doesn't know, then, um, that's probably not the way to go.

Stormy
05-18-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not a huge fan of public proposals myself....although I secretly always wanted to be proposed to on the jumbotron at Fenway Park :shuffle: That didn't happen! :) I saw a pretty cool proposal at this year's Adult Nationals, though. The girl's boyfriend was hiding in a locker room while she skated (she had no idea he was even there at the competition in the first place) and after she skated and was in the Kiss and Cry, the announcer said she had a surprise, and he came out and proposed. It was sweet.

marbri
05-18-2011, 04:49 PM
How about this one:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnyKkA05nYw

I think that was is fake. She would have left earlier if it was genuine.

Having said that I think that sort of proposal is obnoxious and puts the person being proposed to on the spot.

The one in the theatre, where it's all friends and family and he makes the video I think works for them. Not bothered by that. Were it a theatre full of strangers I'd feel differently but I get the sense in that one those two were on the same page.

snoopysnake
05-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Personally, I love the Fancy Feast kitty method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umczO5Y5Av0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlJ01M_7IQM