PDA

View Full Version : The coolest marriage proposal I've ever seen!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Hedwig
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Is a proposal ever a surprise anyway? Or the man (usually although nothing rong with a woman doing the asking imo) unsure of the answer? I think most couples who decide to get married have discussed it many times and come to a mutual agreement.

I consider something like this just a romantic gesture. I thought it was sweet.

Not always.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6_KQdBBbKk&feature=related

;)

Angela-Fan
05-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I love the movie Little Women. :) I never saw much of the Anne movies though

PDilemma
05-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm another one that would have killed my husband if he'd done something like this. We discussed marriage, decided we wanted to get married and bought the ring together, but he decided he had to surprise me with a real proposal at some point. I told him in no uncertain terms that it should not be public. And it wasn't. It was in the kitchen. Just the two of us and the bunny. :)

Andora
05-19-2011, 05:07 PM
What about proposals that aren't super public, but in front of a small group of family and/or friends? That's happened to a lot of people in my circle, and I've heard no complaints.

But if he walks you down the aisle, won't he be giving you away, at least symbolically?

In a way. But it helps I don't want to walk down the aisle alone. At least my side of the church will be watching my big, mean dad to see if he's teary. :P

sk8er1964
05-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I saw a pretty cool proposal at this year's Adult Nationals, though. The girl's boyfriend was hiding in a locker room while she skated (she had no idea he was even there at the competition in the first place) and after she skated and was in the Kiss and Cry, the announcer said she had a surprise, and he came out and proposed. It was sweet.

:cheer2: They are my friends and I was quite involved in pulling it off. FTR, she loved it. :)

FigureSpins
05-19-2011, 06:27 PM
There you go: http://youtu.be/38GZtp333GY The link was in the comments to the one this thread's about. I thought was that his Big Screen video was dumb and irrelevant. He just wanted to star in his own action flick; it had nothing to do with getting married. Grandstanding.

However, I'm cracking up at the strangers in the theater towards the end - most of them are bored. Someone looked at their watch like "Will these previews ever end?" and one guy's eating popcorn like a cow!