PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

mgobluegirl
05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
If you have a FB account you see Tai's comment at the end of the Icenetwork article. If not, not.

... I don't have Facebook and I can see it.

dupagegal
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
I think of this as a sports trade, nothing more. John asked to be traded to a different team. It doesn't make him a bad person. It's not like Team Caydee drove over to his house, stuffed him into a laundry bag, and kidnapped him to the Springs.

Yea this is like a sports team trade. John got traded from the New England Patriots to the Delaware Mud Hens.

SamuraiK
05-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Since we really dont know the real reasons behind the scenes, and probably wont at least in the near future, I'll give Denney & Coughlin the benefit of doubt and hope they can get their wanted results fast.

I think they will surely be picked for Skate America at least, and USFS can even politik for them to get invited by other Feds thanks to the new Grand Prix rules about split partnerships with guaranteed events.

Also I hope Yankowskas follows the tradition of Rodnina, Anissina and other dumped yet more succesful female skaters :)

Cheylana
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I think you need to have a Facebook account to see the posts...

It's on FB..she put the link up with a "no comment"..

If you have a FB account you see Tai's comment at the end of the Icenetwork article. If not, not.
Ok, many thanks. I do have a FB account, but work must be blocking it somehow.

jaci
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
As a Mom of a young Figure Skater, it is so disturbing to read all these insensitive comments. Who are we to judge the path someone else should take. No one knows what he has gone through to choose this path nor does John owe anyone an explanation. It's his life and no one has the right to judge what he chooses to do with it. Shame on all of you for writing such derogatory comments to a boy who tragically lost his mother last year. As a mother I would want my child to be happy, because happiness in life is more important than skating. I'm so taken back by the awful comments towards these kids, that I question if this is the right sport for my child.

museksk8r
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm sure I am sharing the same reaction to this news as Peter Carruthers, a very vocal admirer of Caitlin's gifts as a pairs skater . . . :wideeyes::eek::confused::huh::wall::shuffle:

I'm sure everyone in the world of international pairs figure skating is shaking their heads at the utter absurdity and stupidity of this talented young woman being dumped.

OrioleBeagle
05-17-2011, 11:14 PM
What I want to know is what does Delilah gain in all this?

numbers123
05-17-2011, 11:14 PM
As a Mom of a young Figure Skater, it is so disturbing to read all these insensitive comments. Who are we to judge the path someone else should take. No one knows what he has gone through to choose this path nor does John owe anyone an explanation. It's his life and no one has the right to judge what he chooses to do with it. Shame on all of you for writing such derogatory comments to a boy who tragically lost his mother last year. As a mother I would want my child to be happy, because happiness in life is more important than skating. I'm so taken back by the awful comments towards these kids, that I question if this is the right sport for my child.

Again, 3 posts, who are you? John is an adult and makes his own choices (I would hope)

OrioleBeagle
05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
I wonder what Phil Hersh will have to say about this debacle!

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I wonder what Phil Hersh will have to say about this debacle!He's probably taking notes from this thread (and the other one) even as we post. :shuffle:

rfisher
05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
He's probably taking notes from this thread (and the other one) even as we post. :shuffle:

:sekret:

reese
I'm sure I am sharing the same reaction to this news as Peter Carruthers, a very vocal admirer of Caitlin's gifts as a pairs skater . . . :wideeyes::eek::confused::huh::wall::shuffle:

I'd love to hear his thoughts on the Becky Bereswill/Trevor Young split as well. He's a big Becky fan. :D

jaci

Yes, I agree that Caitlin is a beautiful skater. It's just very disturbing to see the derogatory comments being made about John and Caydee. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but cmon can't we express opinions in a less darogatry manner.

madm
Denver TV news is covering the story. Love their observation that "soap operas have nothing on the U.S. pair teams". :rofl:

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/198897/345/Denney-Coughlin-announce-they-will-skate-together?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

OrioleBeagle
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Has a skater/skaters ever been booed at Nationals?