PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

inthemiddle
05-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Even though I knew this was coming, it still feels a bit shocking.

I suppose if we knew what really went down, it wouldn't be so annoying. As of right now, all I feel is sympathy for Caitlin and disgust with Coughlin, whether either of them deserve it or not.

I don't care how petty it is. I'm not all that willing to give this team a chance.

(((Caitlin))) :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

leafygreens
05-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I think Tai Babilonia's "No comment" says just as much as the comment you are refering to. I wonder why she left that comment...

Probably because she's sick of b*tching about pairs breaking up and doesn't know what to say anymore. There's only so many times you can say "pairs teams used to stay together in the old days"... I agree with her but this many breakups is a bit ridiculous.

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 09:00 PM
If you have "no comment," why not just not leave a comment?

skatemommy
05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
^ I follow Tai on FB and Twitter and yes she is deeply concerned for the state of US pairs and the effect that COP is having. "When you can't say something nice..."

numbers123
05-17-2011, 09:02 PM
If you have "no comment," why not just not leave a comment?

because you really do have a comment and the best way as your momma said is "to not say anything bad about someone is to say anything at all".

You left your comment without saying negative things? And let the reader draw their own conclusions?

Jenna
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry I just DO NOT understand why John would leave Caitlin for Caydee!!??

numbers123
05-17-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry I just DO NOT understand why John would leave Caitlyn for Caydee!!??

This goes to the villianization of the partnership. Neither Caydee or Caitlyn are the evil ones here - in my mind it is John and to a LARGE part Delihah and the CO. SPRINGS camp.

Instead of the "Mammas don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys" song, it should be "Mammas don't let your boy grow up to be Co Springs Puppets".

victoriaheidi
05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Why do I feel sorry for Caitlin?

As many others have said, this team has to whip out major results-FAST-if they have any hope of squashing rumors (or, honestly, just proving that leaving their partners was a worth-it move).

I get a really shady vibe from all of this, but lately, I'm just getting a really shady vibe from everyone out there at the Broadmoor. There is so much unpleasantness coming out of there and it just makes me wonder what in the world these coaches think they're accomplishing.

I'm not trying to be negative, but it's really upsetting to see a great team break up for what appears to be no good reason and see this happen.

ETA: I know very little about Dalilah. She doesn't seem to have the same track record as Tom or anyone else (in fact, up to now, people seemed to like her)-what exactly is her deal?

Jenna
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
This goes to the villianization of the partnership. Neither Caydee or Caitlyn are the evil ones here - in my mind it is John and to a LARGE part Delihah and the CO. SPRINGS camp.

Instead of the "Mammas don't let your boys grow up to be cowboys" song, it should be "Mammas don't let your boy grow up to be Co Springs Puppets".

Ughh. There has to be something going on behind the scenes. It's all too bizarre. They seemed so happy with their scores and placement in Moscow.

RD
05-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Wow...hold up- who is this "Delilah" and why is such a big deal being made about her? And why is CO springs so bad? Something really isn't making sense to me.

olympic
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
While we are splitting up pairs -

After, we take up a collection and bribe Bryce to come down here and skate with Caitlin, we can split Marley / Brubaker, so he can skate with Marissa Castelli. That would be :kickass:

Mary Beth can go into Singles full-time [the US can use all the ladies it can get]

Simon Shnapir can skate with Alexe Gilles, whom we will also bribe to get to switch. THAT would be fun. :watch: Like the monster trucks edition of Pairs skating

victoriaheidi
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Wow...hold up- who is this "Delilah" and why is such a big deal being made about her? And why is CO springs so bad? Something really isn't making sense to me.

Dalilah is the coach-she was Y/C's coach and Caydee came to her after Nats. People suspect that she may have conducted some shady deals to set up this pair.

LilJen
05-17-2011, 09:20 PM
And in other news in Bizarroland. . . . The only way to make it more bizarre would be for Barrett to have a change of heart and sudden recovery and immediate acquisition of beautiful lines and pair up with Caitlin, with great success.

attyfan
05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
IMO, if USFS has any sense at all, they will find a partner for Caitlyn ASAP ... think of the drama (which should increase ticket sales, etc.) if Caitlyn and New Partner can meet Caydee and John at Nats.

Jenna
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
And in other news in Bizarroland. . . . The only way to make it more bizarre would be for Barrett to have a change of heart and sudden recovery and immediate acquisition of beautiful lines and pair up with Caitlin, with great success.

That would be :rofl: