PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46

kwanette
07-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Great post, Lacey!!!!!

I agree.

leafygreens
07-19-2011, 03:46 AM
Weak analogy. This one is more like the guy who dumped my friend our senior year in college after three years of serious dating, telling her that he just didn't want to marry any time soon. That was in late April. On Labor Day weekend that same year, he married someone else.

Truth: he didn't want to marry her.

Based on what he has said publicly, John told Caitlyn he didn't want to skate anymore. A couple of weeks later, he was skating with Caydee.

Truth: he didn't want to skate with Caitlyn.

It seems that John could have handled this a bit more gracefully. If he did handle it better privately, good for him. But I suspect he didn't.

Brilliant analogy. :skandal

leafygreens
07-19-2011, 03:53 AM
Wait a minute. . . I kiss my extended family members on the cheek, I sometimes kiss my daughter on the cheek, I sometimes will even kiss friends on the cheek. . . guess I'm a polyamorist!! :lol:

Do you kiss your family members in the middle of a warmup? Do you tell random people that you want to hold your friend's hands and take care of them?

orbitz
07-19-2011, 04:06 AM
Do you kiss your family members in the middle of a warmup? Do you tell random people that you want to hold your friend's hands and take care of them?

Yes.

agalisgv
07-19-2011, 06:59 AM
I feel about this thread the way I felt about the Caysey Anthony lack of conviction and subsequent thread(s). Can't do anything about the conviction, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start rooting for Casey Anthony, or be buying/supporting any books/movies she may do. Just sayin..

rfisher
07-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Can't do anything about the conviction, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start rooting for Casey Anthony, or be buying/supporting any books/movies she may do. Just sayin..

Yep. And I don't care about the why he did it. The fact he did is enough. Along with the fact I don't like the new partner and won't no matter what they do including winning a US title. Simply not my pairs style preference. I'd like Caitlyn with whatever partner better.

Ziggy
07-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Wait, Caydee Denney is only 17? I have seen her a number of times and I thought she was close to 30.

:rofl:

This thread delivers in so many ways. :watch:

MarieM
07-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Don't hang me, but they both look like truck drivers trying to make fun of swan lake. IMO.

Sylvia
07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I was able to catch a few practices of Denney/Coughlin before they competed at Liberty and they were looking very consistent on the sbs 3T (better unison than in their SP) and throws. I think they match well together and hope to see them continue to improve their weaknesses as the season progresses. While they are not my preferred style of pair skating, I think they show good potential to be an exciting, athletic pair and genuinely appear to enjoy skating together.

DarrellH
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Weak analogy. This one is more like the guy who dumped my friend our senior year in college after three years of serious dating, telling her that he just didn't want to marry any time soon. That was in late April. On Labor Day weekend that same year, he married someone else.

Truth: he didn't want to marry her.

Based on what he has said publicly, John told Caitlyn he didn't want to skate anymore. A couple of weeks later, he was skating with Caydee.

Truth: he didn't want to skate with Caitlyn.

It seems that John could have handled this a bit more gracefully. If he did handle it better privately, good for him. But I suspect he didn't.

So then, Caitlyn will apply to Harvard skating school in an effort to win John back?

triple_toe
07-19-2011, 06:24 PM
So then, Caitlyn will apply to Harvard skating school in an effort to win John back?

Well, didn't she go back to New England after the split? :shuffle: I'm not sure if she brought her pet chihuahua though...

Bev Johnston
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
…Oh, and a L4 for the FW? Maybe it's because they didn't look like they were flailing around while trying to escape from a swarm of bees (which is how I though RF's EoE footwork looked, but that's just me, I guess :shuffle: ).

OMG I just re-watched Rachael's EoE with that description in mind and couldn't stop from :rofl:. It's so accurate!!

I think D/C look quite good for the short amount of time they've been together. I'm excited to see how they develop over the season.

DarrellH
07-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, didn't she go back to New England after the split? :shuffle: I'm not sure if she brought her pet chihuahua though...

What? Like it's hard?

olympic
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
And your point would be? :saint:

edit

Allskate
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM

:lol: I'm hoping she wins the case, er, gets a new partner, and wins Nationals.