PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Cal Girl
07-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Do not get me wrong. I do not dislike this pairing but I do dislike the way Caydee is not perky and is a wannabe Caitlin clone but will never live up to Caitlin's stretch and style.
John has so many flaws. He has very slouchy and awkward positioning and very little extension.
But . . . Awesome 3Twist. Very cat-like 3Lutz. The sbs jumps need improvement on unison but impressive none the less.
The program is so generic but I have always loved the music. I do think they will improve throughout the season and will likely medal if they continue to do so. I wish them luck and hope their partnership survives their romance!

victoriaheidi
07-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I am not hoping for a train wreck, but it's going to hard for me to root for this team.

Same. I am a huge Caitlin fan, and I just have a hard time getting excited about D/C.

Also, what's with the mini-Caitlin look?

peibeck
07-15-2011, 09:19 PM
:drama: What they dare to skate to Kwanita's music?!?!?!? :P :P :P

They looked pretty good in that video. I hope they move some of the elements around and finish with a lift rather than the pair spin. (In fact, I which most pairs wouldn't end with a pair spin, as it usually one of the weakest elements in most programs. :shuffle: )

reese
07-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Also, what's with the mini-Caitlin look?

Well, Caitlin's makeover from the '09-'10 season to '10-'11 was a smashing success for the team, so I'm assuming Delilah is trying to duplicate it with Caydee. Hell, they are probably hoping some of the international judges barely notice John has a new partner.

I can only imagine how Caitlin feels about all of this...

skatemommy
07-15-2011, 09:56 PM
. Hell, they are probably hoping some of the international judges barely notice John has a new partner.

That would be a good thing! You bad :lol:

reese
07-15-2011, 11:49 PM
According to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xucV7wbdPQ) interview w/ Dalilah, she did the East of Eden choreo, not Marina. (I don't know if this had already been established here, but it certainly explains a lot!)

figurefan
07-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Good debut for them, I wish them the best of luck. I was disappointed by this pairing like so many others on FSU but still want to see them do well.

The US pairs podium looks to be a mystery this season with all the changes and E/L being the only top 3 team from last year to return.

hirshey girl
07-16-2011, 03:38 AM
I have to say that whoever put together those music cuts should be :lynch::kickass::scream:. That was just atrocious. :yikes: As for Caydee and John, that was :blah: for me. JMO.

shan
07-16-2011, 04:35 AM
I enjoyed the elements but not the overall program. But I am impressed with how they look being so new together.

Jenna
07-16-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm really considering unfollowing Aunt Joyce on twitter. Yes, we fans can be disappointed that Y/C broke up, but are personal attacks about Caydee having "trailer trash hair" necessary? He's crossed the line.

my little pony
07-16-2011, 04:55 AM
And choreography is rather generic.

I'm not sure there is any choreography, maybe they will add it later

newbatgirl
07-16-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm really considering unfollowing Aunt Joyce on twitter. Yes, we fans can be disappointed that Y/C broke up, but are personal attacks about Caydee having "trailer trash hair" necessary? He's crossed the line.

Not to defend AJ (which I would not do) but the things said on this site by several FSUers around the time of the Y/C split and the D/C team up were just as bad or worse.

letsskate
07-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Exactly, not just about Caydee, his tweets about several other skaters are just disgusting as well. I wasn't even big fan of those skaters. Unfollowed him long time ago.

dinakt
07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure there is any choreography, maybe they will add it later

That's my take on it, as well. Really impressive elements; so far no choreo. But V/T did not have much choreo at the start, either, so it's way early for me to have a strong opinion about D/C. With V/T there was always the sense that there is great potential for expression/ drama and choreo, and they got more and more into their programs as they were getting more comfortable with each other. Whether D/C have potential for expression- I have no idea. Maybe?
It still will be hard for me to root for them white Caitlin is partner- less; but kudos for the impressive debut!

olympic
07-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey, watched the youtube vid of their SP again. Where are the SBS spins? :confused: