PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

olympic
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
^Honestly, considering the state of US Pairs, I'll gladly take comparisons to the Zhangs who were two-time World Silver Medalists and '06 Olympic Silver medalists. I'm that desperate ;)

Ziggy
07-15-2011, 04:30 PM
^Honestly, considering the state of US Pairs, I'll gladly take comparisons to the Zhangs who were two-time World Silver Medalists and '06 Olympic Silver medalists. I'm that desperate ;)

I'd prefer Marley/Brubaker, Donlan/Speroff and Castelli/Shnapir to all get consistent, personally. ;)

skatemommy
07-15-2011, 05:07 PM
That split triple twist is amazing! However, John's posture in the back pivot in the death spiral is atrocious...

floskate
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Just took another look at the video and it really is an impressive debut from a TES point of view. The 3twist is great but I don't agree with PJ Kwong that it's as good as anyone's. V&T's is clearly better ;).

They've doen a LOT of work on her style and posture which is paying off but I still think the whole cloning of Yankowskas is a mistake. I mean not skating-wise obviously - they're just too different and,well, Caitlin just has the lines that Caydee will never have no matter how much ballet she does - but on appearance and packaging, Caydee is another set of highlights and 2 spray tans away from becoming Caitlin's twin :lol:

ETA: Oh and the music cuts are just the pits obviously! :scream:

Lacey
07-15-2011, 05:24 PM
OK, John kissed Caydee midway during their very long walkabout (waiting for someone else's scores?), then at the end, so very public about their relationship. Sweet and in your face at the same time.

(But I also think he kissed Delilah while checking out with her before going on, too, gah.)

Caydee does look more feminine, thinner--could be the cut of her dress and her hair, but she looks much better nonetheless. She looked beautiful instead of cute. ETA, you can tell that she has improved her hand and arm movements, much more elegant, and better posture.

The music is ssssslllllooooowwwww. If they were going for less perk for her, then they accomplished that. But there wasn't enough strength, except for his huge throw of her, for less speed. Maybe it will show in the long later in season, with more elements--just hope they have music that makes everything faster, they seem to have the ability to make it dynamic.

Very nice start.

kwanette
07-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I was blown away by this debut. It was so much more than I expected. We went last night to see J and C specifically. John has improved so much over last yr and she has softened her look..Re: "The twist"..Three of us said at once.."Chinese.."

lilshorty
07-15-2011, 06:33 PM
I thought everything was great except for the horrid music cut. :yikes: Best of luck to this pair.

AxelAnnie
07-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh well..........I wasn't going to watch them........ever............in protest. Thought they looked lovely. So much for my self-control LOL. Love the music....loved her new look.....I think they may have a fabulous run at things.

Bonita
07-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Sadly, the video link isn't working. I hope it goes back up.

I do love her look now. Last year's look was so gag. She looks elegant.

olympic
07-15-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd prefer Marley/Brubaker, Donlan/Speroff and Castelli/Shnapir to all get consistent, personally. ;)

OH yeah. I'm hoping for significant strides to be taken by these three for the coming season, especially Mary Beth Marley / Rockne Brubaker. In addition to these 3, I'm also hoping for improvements from Lindsey Lohan / Themi Leftheris.

Debbie S
07-15-2011, 07:16 PM
OH yeah. I'm hoping for significant strides to be taken by these three for the coming season, especially Mary Beth Marley / Rockne Brubaker. In addition to these 3, I'm also hoping for improvements from Lindsey Lohan / Themi Leftheris.I'm guessing that was a typo? ;)

I'm rooting for E/L this season. And then C/S, D/S, and MBMB. As for D/C, meh.

maatTheViking
07-15-2011, 07:19 PM
I kinda liked Caydee's perk, and crazy hair. Bun = boring...

I hope they don't loose the perk in an effort to be more refined.

olympic
07-15-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm guessing that was a typo? ;)

:rofl:

Yeah. You know, for some reason, the first 'Lindsey' I always automatically think of is 'Lohan', and it just comes out of my mouth / keyboard that way.

Jenna
07-15-2011, 07:27 PM
I kinda liked Caydee's perk, and crazy hair. Bun = boring...

I hope they don't loose the perk in an effort to be more refined.

I do! The unrefined perk wasn't really working for her.

kwanette
07-15-2011, 07:31 PM
OK, John kissed Caydee midway during their very long walkabout (waiting for someone else's scores?), then at the end, so very public about their relationship. Sweet and in your face at the same time.

(But I also think he kissed Delilah while checking out with her before going on, too, gah.)

Very nice start.

I'm confused.."then at the end, so very public about their relationship.."

Are they "out"?

I did get three hugs from John yesterday..Maybe he has a crush on cellulite..:rolleyes: