PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

B.Cooper
06-18-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm sorry, but East of Eden?!? Really? I'm going to withhold my judgement on the Nessun Dorma selection since I'm not familiar with that particular version.

Even though I can't say I'm a fan of this pairing, I was at least hoping they would choose music that would highlight her in the right way. I don't think EoE will at all. I'm not a fan of the blockbuster action soundtracks, but something like that would be be a better choice for them, IMO.

Seems alittle too easy, IMO, that Sappenfeld decided that Flatt's EOE SP was the right music for D/C. Guess she heard it enough in the same rink that it was an easy choice. ugh.

Is anyone in Columbus Ohio for the Skate For Hope show tonight? Curious to know how D/C look. How many weeks have they been skating together?

kwanette
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm not buying into "anonymous'" tales until they are validated.

Sylvia
06-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't remember ever seeing "East of Eden" skated by a pair team.

Colin Grafton mentioned in his recent online journal that D/C are skating to a "Mambo Number 5 melody" exhibition program, which I assume is their Skate for Hope number today. ETA: I expect show reports will be posted in the separate "Skate for Hope" thread in GSD.

rfisher
06-18-2011, 02:32 PM
I really don't care when D/C paired up or why. I don't like her skating and liked him because he was the supporting skater for Yankowski. I'm moderatly annoyed only because of the 3 skaters in this triangle, the best skater is the one without a partner. If and when she gets one, I couldn't care less what happens with the other two. I predict now, that Caydee will be partner shopping within two years because they won't have the success they think will happen and they'll blame it on John. He'll be dumped and they'll both fade into memory. I had a brief flicker of hope for US pairs at Worlds, but alas, we're back where we've always been. Fortunatly, the international pair situation is more exciting than it's been in years so fans of pair skating have some exciting competitions to look forward to the next 3 years.

Lizziebeth
06-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Best of the three on the sidelines really bugs me. Hope she finds someone and soon!

UMBS Go Blue
07-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Here's your chance to BET on this team for MUCHO :bribe: :bribe: :bribe: :bribe: !

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79371

...and render your opinion on the sorry state of U.S. pairs figure skating. :EVILLE:

Ziggy
07-01-2011, 10:15 PM
It would be nice to hear Caitlin's side of the story on why she and John didn't want to skate together anymore..

I wonder if she's being bribed somehow to keep quiet, or if she's not completely innocent in the situation.

Or maybe she refuses to be dragged down to this level.

Sylvia
07-01-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm keeping an open mind about Denney/Coughlin as a team and will be very interested to see for myself how they look in their competition debut at Liberty (SP only) in two weeks.

mikemba
07-15-2011, 04:16 AM
I just returned from Liberty where Denney and Coughlin skated a wonderful short program to "East of Eden." I was amazed at their unison and the ease with with they executed their elements. They looked as though they had been together for years. Caydee still has the spark she always has had, but now it is more reined in and mature. She looked peaceful as she skated and I thought that overall they had a wonderful look. Very, very promising.

Some highlights: an enormous split triple twist with a really cool delay -- she shot straight up and then twisted -- and a throw triple lutz landed right on the crescendo in the music. Fantastic!

And slightly off topic -- I haven't been to a pairs competion in a few years. I had forgotten how really thrilling they are!

julieann
07-15-2011, 04:22 AM
I just returned from Liberty where Denney and Coughlin skated a wonderful short program to "East of Eden." I was amazed at their unison and the ease with with they executed their elements. They looked as though they had been together for years. Caydee still has the spark she always has had, but now it is more reined in and mature. She looked peaceful as she skated and I though overall they had a wonderful look. Very, very promising.

Some highlights: an enormous split triple twist with a really cool delay -- she shot straight up and then twisted -- and a throw triple lutz landed right on the crescendo in the music. Fantastic!

And slightly off topic -- I haven't been to a pairs competion in a few years. I had forgotten how really thrilling they are!

Do they have protocols for those competitions I wonder?

I sure hope a video gets posted somewhere!

just tuned in
07-15-2011, 04:29 AM
I agree - they look great together. The match is great -- good lines. His height works well for the pair. The SBS jump, lift and throw were fantastic. They got a partial standing O. More people might have stood except for a small mistake they made toward the end of the program.

Caydee looked beautiful -- fitter than I remember, and had a more refined look, less makeup. Her hair was in a bun. She looked lovely.

John was clearly affectionate with her. He kissed her (on the cheek, but kind of close to the mouth) several times, before and after their program.

Jenna
07-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Photo Gallery from Liberty, with pics of Caydee and John. Caydee definitely looks more elegant w/ the bun. Love it.

http://www.universalsports.com/photos/galleryid=542444.html

reese
07-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Caydee's bun and side fringe look rather greasy, but it's still an upgrade from the bob and crazy makeup of recent years.

The Caydee/John romantic pairing, if rumors are true, is still a little yuck due to their age difference. I won't be able to warm up to this team until Caitlin Yankowskas is National champ with a new partner.

Jenna
07-15-2011, 05:47 AM
Here's the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxx2jKW0ukU

Filming credit goes to Lara, thanks again! :D

chipso1
07-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Caydee ditched the over-the-boot tights!! :cheer2:

She looks lovely, and I kinda like that program. :shuffle:

That triple twist!! :eek: