PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

eurodance2001
05-25-2011, 04:48 AM
No, it has never happened. Scores are booed. Speedy is booed (at International events), but skaters aren't booed.

But people love to throw that out as a possibility. :P

Here is the closest to some "booing"; when Nicole Bobek withdrew from 1996 Nationals... http://youtu.be/zRxKCHFeKQ0 Dick Button at 00:19 makes an allusion to some booing...

stjeaskategym
05-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Zuoeva had been listed as Caitlin and John's choreographer for I don't know how long. John might as well keep SOMETHING that was working. :lol:

caseyedwards
05-25-2011, 06:40 AM
But there was more to the story than that, didn't she refuse her medal because she thought she should have won.

They booed her not standing on the podium and then taking the medal off on the podium. Booing all over.

antmanb
05-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Not booing, but someone screamed at Mike Weiss during his LP at Nationals one year.

Was then when he went into the fiendishly difficult "Mike Pike"? :lol:

Skittl1321
05-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Here is the closest to some "booing"; when Nicole Bobek withdrew from 1996 Nationals... http://youtu.be/zRxKCHFeKQ0 Dick Button at 00:19 makes an allusion to some booing...

I love that dress on Tara! Man skating has changed. The "footwork" into her opening flip was a swizzle.

sunnysk8
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
I won't be booing but I won't be clapping as much as I would have been for John and Caitlin. I am very, very saddened by the new pairing. And I am 'upset' a bit with John. We know him but know him as a different person, one who would never try to build something from the pain caused to another. This was a winning team--Nationals and a 6th place finish at Worlds. But, more importantly this was a team that captured the hearts of skating fans and we so needed that. i cried during their long program at Nationals because it was so moving and dedicated to his mother who had recently passed away and I think the crowd was with them. This was a rare gift to capture the hearts of fans because of the beauty and honesty and passion of what they were doing--as a team. In the end, skaters have to walk away from the competitions and applause and what they take with them, and how they treat others defines them as one with character or one without. Sadly I think this is a classic example of coaches overstepping their bounds. This was put together by someone other than the skaters. IMO this was a horrible mistake that will not be remedied with a national title. We will always ponder what could have been.

skatemommy
05-25-2011, 11:51 PM
^wow, word - this sums up my feelings exactly and probably a lot of others. Thanks for posting this. (ps. when I heard his mom passed, I donated to their training fund. This is very personal for a lot of people and probably why the vitriol...)

luenatic
05-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Sadly I think this is a classic example of coaches overstepping their bounds. This was put together by someone other than the skaters.

Did someone tell you for sure the coaches arranged all these? Or did you read the speculation here in this thread and thus became facts?

kwanette
05-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Did someone tell you for sure the coaches arranged all these? Or did you read the speculation here in this thread and thus became facts?

Thanks..Good point.

emason
05-26-2011, 12:09 AM
I won't be booing but I won't be clapping as much as I would have been for John and Caitlin. I am very, very saddened by the new pairing. And I am 'upset' a bit with John. We know him but know him as a different person, one who would never try to build something from the pain caused to another. This was a winning team--Nationals and a 6th place finish at Worlds. But, more importantly this was a team that captured the hearts of skating fans and we so needed that. i cried during their long program at Nationals because it was so moving and dedicated to his mother who had recently passed away and I think the crowd was with them. This was a rare gift to capture the hearts of fans because of the beauty and honesty and passion of what they were doing--as a team. In the end, skaters have to walk away from the competitions and applause and what they take with them, and how they treat others defines them as one with character or one without. Sadly I think this is a classic example of coaches overstepping their bounds. This was put together by someone other than the skaters. IMO this was a horrible mistake that will not be remedied with a national title. We will always ponder what could have been.

I didn't like the pairing of Yankowskas/Coughlin at all; I thought they were a stylistic mismatch. This fan is only pondering the possibility of what might be now that he has a more stylistically suitable partner.

Skating is a job for these people and people change work situations all the time. Skaters don't owe me any explanation why.

RD
05-26-2011, 12:29 AM
On paper, it may not seem right, but it is too soon to tell how it will turn out.

rfisher
05-26-2011, 12:39 AM
My greatest wish is that Caitlin find a great partner and totally :kickass: her ex-partner's new team everytime they compete against each other. I will stand and cheer and laugh and laugh and laugh. Until then, Evora/Ladwig are US pairs for me. If my first wish isn't granted, I hope E/L win a US title this season.

kwanette
05-26-2011, 01:00 AM
And I am 'upset' a bit with John. We know him but know him as a different person, one who would never try to build something from the pain caused to another.

Who is "we"?

numbers123
05-26-2011, 01:02 AM
^^^
THIS :respec: Related to RFISHER's post

Cal Girl
05-26-2011, 03:21 AM

100% Agreed