PDA

View Full Version : Denney, Coughlin announce pairs partnership

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Pikachuusb
05-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Hmmm I don't know what to say. I hoped this wasn't why Yankowskas & Coughlin split, but it was the case. I enjoyed Denney and Barrett as well. I had hoped she'd find a new partner, but not at the expense of another team. Caitlin was the one I really liked out of the pairing, so needless to say I'm not thrilled at all. I hope Caitlin finds a great partner ASAP.

I want to be supportive of the new pairing, but that remains to be seen. I will wish good luck to all 4. Caydee, John, Caitlin and her hopefully spectacular partner.

Sylvia
05-18-2011, 02:05 AM
As a mother I would want my child to be happy, because happiness in life is more important than skating. I'm so taken back by the awful comments towards these kids, that I question if this is the right sport for my child.
One thing parents of skaters need to realize early on is that "awful comments" sometimes are going to be said about your skater (either to his/her face or behind their back) and maybe even posted on the Internet fan boards if/when your skater becomes successful. I hope your child can enjoy the beauty, athleticism, and pleasures of the sport and learn to ignore, as much as possible, the negativity and nastiness that can spoil it. Yes, "happiness in life is more important than skating" but it's easy to lose perspective after parents and skaters have invested much time, effort and money into it. Competitive skaters have to figure out for themselves if their love for skating can overcome the inevitable moments of unhappiness and ugliness that are part of the sport.

P.S. Another thing newbie posters will learn soon enough is that it's useless to tell posters what and how to post here. All we have control over is our own individual posts.

numbers123
05-18-2011, 02:06 AM
I applaud your response. I have been trying to say this since john and caitlyn split. People let's try to focus on the potential positives and stop bashing individual skaters.

And between the 2 of you, you have 10 posts? Are you the same person? And if you are the same person as another poster, the bashing of individual skaters started with the first posts of Caydee and John forming a team because Caitlin is such a diva and difficult to work with.

Y/C made Ava Maria - a song that usually makes my ears bleed - special this season. The magic was all Caitlin.

When a pair team splits and is such a shock to the FSU board, it lends for speculation of underhandedness in the pair split.

I hope that Caitlin finds a partner that showcases her and that they have a long career.

Skittl1321
05-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Maybe all the uncertainty will cause John and Rena to forge a comeback LMAO.

A young coach at our rink was joking on facebook with a former partner about a comeback (to get out of having to deal with school). I know he was just joking, but I thought to myself "man, if there were a season to do it, this would be it".

Sylvia
05-18-2011, 02:28 AM
Does anyone know if, as a new team, they will be given any Grand Prix assignments?
It's possible, depending on how well and quickly they come together as a team. See this post (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3179571&postcount=21) in the Grand Prix Pre-announcement thread (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78719) for how they might qualify for the GP based on past selection rules (the 2011-12 GP Announcement/selection procedure document has not been published online yet).

Would they qualify for the Team Envelope based on their results with their former partners?
No, not according to the published envelope criteria for 2011-12. If they are assigned to an international competition they would be added to the Reserve team (no funding), and if they medal they will receive a portion of Team C envelope funding for the season (that's what happened with the new team of Marley/Brubaker last season).

Proustable
05-18-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm curious, for those who feel an explanation is necessary, what reasoning would satisfy you?

Sparks
05-18-2011, 02:55 AM
:DQUOTE=kwanette;3186263]He had been saying that on Twitter and FB before Worlds. We'll have to bring the Navajo in to break the code.[/QUOTE]

Sparks runs off to consult her Navajo speaking peeps. :fan21: :sekret: :D

DickButtonFan
05-18-2011, 02:59 AM
:DQUOTE=kwanette;3186263]He had been saying that on Twitter and FB before Worlds. We'll have to bring the Navajo in to break the code.

Sparks runs off to consult her Navajo speaking peeps. :fan21: :sekret: :D[/QUOTE]

On the side, on the side = a different version to beyoncee's song that goes "to the left to the left"

That's all.

Coco
05-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Maybe all the uncertainty will cause John and Rena to forge a comeback LMAO.

My #1 fear, frankly!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-18-2011, 03:28 AM
I'm curious, for those who feel an explanation is necessary, what reasoning would satisfy you?

Just anything to let us know why Coughlin would give up a promising partnership (that was clearly given a stamp of approval by international judges) to skate with someone else.

Like for instance: is Caitlin a raging bitch on wheels? Is it about money? etc.

As of now, I'm just baffled by it, because frankly, I think Yankowskas made that partnership. Her lines and kinda Russian type qualities made up for his shortcomings.

Right now, it just looks like Caitlin got completely jobbed by her ex-partner and their coach which really sucks for her.

There are 2 sides to every story, but as of right now, the only thing we've got is speculation and that speculation is making Denney, Coughlin, and Sappenfeld look bad imo.

victoriaheidi
05-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Just anything to let us know why Coughlin would give up a promising partnership (that was clearly given a stamp of approval by international judges) to skate with someone else.

Same here. While I don't consider an explanation necessary for my own personal satisfaction, I think this pair is going to face a lot of criticism and disinterest from the fans (and perhaps similar reactions from judges) unless someone gives a really good explanation to the above.

Sylvia
05-18-2011, 04:00 AM
I think they should simply let their skating do the talking.

iceaxels
05-18-2011, 04:04 AM
I have always thought that John Coughlin is the nicest figure skater in the US. I do hope this partnership works out for him.

^that comment is true so makes me believe there is far more behind the scenes that we have no idea about

stjeaskategym
05-18-2011, 04:06 AM

Like for instance: is Caitlin a raging bitch on wheels? Is it about money? etc.

But how, exactly, was he supposed to explain this in a classy fashion in a public statement? He can't just state, "Caydee is a better partner than Caitlin", or "Caydee's mom's paying me to do this." This is just a really awkward situation. Maybe he could have mentioned in his original statement that he was skating with someone else rather than "exploring options". It was going to be announced just a week or two later that he was swapping partners, so he might as well have just been honest about it the first time. But I'm not sure what else he could have revealed publicly without coming across poorly.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-18-2011, 04:11 AM
But how, exactly, was he supposed to explain this in a classy fashion in a public statement? He can't just state, "Caydee is a better partner than Caitlin", or "Caydee's mom's paying me to do this."

Why not. European skaters have no problems being candid like that. :P