PDA

View Full Version : CNN Anchor Don Lemon Comes out of the Closet in Revealing new Memoir

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rex
05-17-2011, 01:12 AM
From his new book, Transparent (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/16/business/media/16anchor.html?_r=2).

I cannot believe he's 45 however - he looks great. I had heard rumors, but coming out means that he doesn't have to worry about him.

And good for him for confronting the homophobia in our community. :respec:.

BigB08822
05-17-2011, 01:30 AM
I thought he was in his early 30's! :grope:

Rex
05-17-2011, 01:41 AM
I thought he was in his early 30's! :grope:

He is very good-looking.
More importantly, very brave.

topaz
05-17-2011, 02:31 AM
As a straight women who likes good looking men, I'm really starting to think that only gay men take care of themselves nowadays.

My attraction to good looking men, accompanied with my views on sex mean I must of been a gay man in another life :D

Do straight men in american take care of themselves anymore:confused:

Rex
05-17-2011, 02:33 AM
As a straight women who likes good looking men, I'm really starting to think that only gay men take care of themselves nowadays.

My attraction to good looking men, accompanied with my views on sex mean I must of been a gay man in another life :D

Do straight men in american take care of themselves anymore:confused:

Hell, he's better looking than most of my GAY friends.

Fan123
05-17-2011, 05:00 AM
I live in Philly, and met Don on a trip from Miami many years ago. He is one handsome man, very polite and charming too. He gave me his number, but at the time I was dating someone else. To my surprised a year later, I noticed he was a news coanchor on Channel 10. He is still as put together as he was years ago.

Anita18
05-17-2011, 05:39 AM
My first thought after seeing the book cover for the first time was, "They call that a book cover?!" Badly Photoshopped and designed (you can't even read his name), someone that :grope: deserves better!

But good for him in writing this book. :)

mysticchic
05-17-2011, 07:54 AM
I think everyone who works or worked in the media knew about this for a long time. You would be shocked on some others who have not or will not come out.

BigB08822
05-17-2011, 08:01 AM
I think everyone who works or worked in the media knew about this for a long time. You would be shocked on some others who have not or will not come out.

I think he does say that he was out to most, if not all, the people he worked with. I am sure many people are out to their family, friends and close co-workers but they don't come out to the public. I can't blame them, it isn't anyone else's business and it irritates me that people like Perez Hilton feel it is their duty to out everyone and tell them how perfect life will be after they come out. Maybe they just don't think it is such a big deal in their life? That being said, I am curious who all is secretly gay but I know it is none of my business.

Satellitegirl
05-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't even know who he is lol. I'm like "who?" but then again I don't watch CNN hardly at all or any news station...I usually read the news on CNN's website.

Rex
05-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I live in Philly, and met Don on a trip from Miami many years ago. He is one handsome man, very polite and charming too. He gave me his number, but at the time I was dating someone else. To my surprised a year later, I noticed he was a news coanchor on Channel 10. He is still as put together as he was years ago.

:respec: Philly in da house.

milanessa
05-17-2011, 01:42 PM
You would be shocked on some others who have not or will not come out.

Not me. I honestly don't give a thought to someone's sexual orientation unless it's germane to something else.

Satellitegirl
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Shepard Smith surprised me at Fox News...mainly because it was Fox News lol.

olympic
05-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Anderson Cooper, you're up!

Shepard Smith surprised me at Fox News...mainly because it was Fox News lol.

I'd read a few years ago that a contributor to the Washington Blade [a Gay Rag] was hit on by Shepard at a Gay Cabaret Bar [I think the Monster] in NYC's Greenwich Village. He was boozed up and singing show tunes :lol: Could he be any more stereotypical? :P

skatesindreams
05-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Not me. I honestly don't give a thought to someone's sexual orientation unless it's germane to something else.

My viewpoint, as well.

Individuals should be free to decide whether/and to what degree to reveal their personal lives publicly, for themselves.
Speculation is often rude and inappropriate.