PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 5/16-17 It's NECK and neck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

nubka
05-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Good job, Kirstie! :cheer2:
Sorry for Ralph, he began DWTS as someone with a huge potential to win this, but as the show went on, others passed him and he couldn't stand to that high potential.

I don't know that it had that much to do with not meeting high potential/expectations. Maybe he just didn't have a big enough fan base, i.e., Kirstie... :(

Cheylana
05-18-2011, 03:21 AM
The piece with the little girl made me all verklempt. Damn this show! *sniff*

shan
05-18-2011, 03:24 AM
i bet he can flip a coin too

:rofl: I know. That was one of the most awkward moments, both couples standing frozen looking at Brooke as if she's insane.

screech
05-18-2011, 03:59 AM
I missed in the freestyle show where the teams said what music they'd be using for their freestyle (I was only watching this during the commercials from Glee). Did anyone watch and hear mentioned what the teams said?

purple skates
05-18-2011, 04:23 AM
I don't know that it had that much to do with not meeting high potential/expectations. Maybe he just didn't have a big enough fan base, i.e., Kirstie... :(

He probably had a bigger one than Chelsea (or however it's spelled) but she didn't need it. :P

mrr50
05-18-2011, 11:33 AM
After a couple seasons of Brooke, I'm trying to remember why we didn't appreciate Samantha

kwanfan1818
05-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Kirstie never has a foot out of place. In terms of technique, she's the best of the four remaining contestants. The judges comment on this over and over. She may not get the jiggly parts or be able to get the speed for the jive as well as the others, but feet are hardly ever wrong.

This. Plus she always seems to know where her weight is.

As talented as Chelsea Kane can be, I always feel like she's up front and center in a school play. With Alley and Ward, I feel like I'm watching people dance together, and each has chemistry with her or his partner.

Does Karina know how to teach?

AYS
05-18-2011, 12:44 PM
After a couple seasons of Brooke, I'm trying to remember why we didn't appreciate Samantha

Brooke is *definitely* an example of "watch out what you wish for".

Sorry to see Ralph go, but I like the 3 finalists.

Aceon6
05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Does Karina know how to teach?

I think Karina knows how, but some of the other pros are better at catching and correcting posture issues early. IIRC, Kym, Lacey and Cheryl had no problems putting their celebs in posture bars starting with the first standard dance.

sodapop
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
The freestyle show reminded just how important Kym is to the show. She wasn't my favorite in the start mainly due to who she was teamed up with, but she's grown on me over the years. She's clearly a great pro and does great choreography for her students.

Brooke has done some horrible hosting over the last two seasons, but her worst moment EVER had to be last night when introducing the little girl who they had just shown a long, touching segment on, and she had to look at her card as she was introducing Tayla. Not even to mention, hello! Her name was in huge flashing lights over the stage! :scream:

Aceon6
05-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Brooke has done some horrible hosting over the last two seasons, but her worst moment EVER had to be last night when introducing the little girl who they had just shown a long, touching segment on, and she had to look at her card as she was introducing Tayla. Not even to mention, hello! Her name was in huge flashing lights over the stage! :scream:

Not to mention that Brooke has met her at least twice before in the day... once in the green room and once at dress. Geez!

rfisher
05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I think it's pretty clear ABC didn't hire Brooke for her intellect, wit or interviewing skills. :lol:

Rob
05-18-2011, 03:55 PM
As talented as Chelsea Kane can be, I always feel like she's up front and center in a school play. With Alley and Ward, I feel like I'm watching people dance together, and each has chemistry with her or his partner.

That is a perfect description.

snoopysnake
05-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Thank you! That was HAWT! :swoon:

Every dance Gilles did was HAWT!

skaternum
05-18-2011, 04:41 PM
does pandaface say kristy and not kirstie?

Yep, every time. :lol: