PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 5/16-17 It's NECK and neck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

genevieve
05-17-2011, 04:33 PM
very enjoyable show last night! Hines is really winning me over, but I'm glad Chelsea/Mark got the 15 points. I know many have said it was political/they need it more etc, but I thought they deserved it.

I really like Ralph Macchio, but he is the weakest one left, so I hope he goes tonight. Kirstie is not doing as fab as she was in the beginning, but there is something about watching her perform that makes me root for her. She is so invested in this, and commits so fully to every dance.

I wish they hadn't shown Kym's accident. Especially the replay in slo mo :yikes: Glad she's ok, and that was a gorgeous first dance from them. Sure, the feet aren't sharp, but the overall presentation is fab, and they're a great partnership.

and I still haven't seen or heard anything from mark that is annoying or off-putting.

birdgal
05-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Ralph needs to go. Actually I really enjoy Hines. I would be upset if Chelsea didn't make the final. I still don't get Kirstie love. I know she is old and fat but nothing special to me. Sorry I am judging based on the performances, not their age.

The Kirstie love is due to her quirky and likeable personality and tenaciousness. When she falls down, she gets back up, and keeps on going. She has lost a TON of weight since she has been on DWTS. Some people find those qualities inspiring.

Cupid
05-17-2011, 04:38 PM
I kinda stopped watching since Romeo was voted off.

skatesindreams
05-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you! That was HAWT! :swoon:

I had forgotten how much I loved Gilles!

Chelsea and Hines are getting the "finalist prop".

danceronice
05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
It's not part of the pro comp rota. IIRC, salsa comps are done by a different governing body than the ones that do standard, latin and smooth. The first time they had it (a few seasons ago), I remember Derek saying that he didn't know any of the steps and needed to do some homework.

Salsa is called "What you dump on Rhythm Day at comps to fill time and let the point-chasers for top student and top teacher spend a bunch of money dancing junk no one cares about." (Along with AT, West Coast, Merengue, Nightclub Two-Step, "American" Samba and Paso Doble...) Basically, they're not part of the nineteen, no one in dancesport cares all that much about them, but if some student wants to spend a bunch of money so they can rack up uncontested points toward Top Student, the pros and organizers will generally take their money. Real salsa has its whole own subculture and is a club dance that has nothing to do with competitive ballroom. (Which "Strictly Come Dancing" acknowledges by bringing in outside experts to help the pros on dances like that.) AT is an entirely different world, as is West Coast and Country/Western, and absolutely no one takes American Samba or American Paso seriously at all.

I'd suspect they dont' work on it much because they really don't care. Not to mention none of them got salsa music anyway. As for AT, real tangueras and tangueros weep at the bad technique (I've heard it) and things like the lifts aren't hard to learn (though not always a good idea--seriously, Kym, if the guy doing the lifting is uneasy you should really listen to him.)

rfisher
05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Ralph needs to go. Actually I really enjoy Hines. I would be upset if Chelsea didn't make the final. I still don't get Kirstie love. I know she is old and fat but nothing special to me. Sorry I am judging based on the performances, not their age.

Kirstie never has a foot out of place. In terms of technique, she's the best of the four remaining contestants. The judges comment on this over and over. She may not get the jiggly parts or be able to get the speed for the jive as well as the others, but feet are hardly ever wrong.

Aceon6
05-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Kirstie never has a foot out of place. In terms of technique, she's the best of the four remaining contestants. The judges comment on this over and over. She may not get the jiggly parts or be able to get the speed for the jive as well as the others, but feet are hardly ever wrong.

I'm no teknik, but I notice that Maks rarely has to scramble to get out of her way and that his foot hits the floor at the same time hers does. With Ralph, you can see Karina moving her feet a nano second early.

Beefcake
05-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Checking in to see how Kirsitie is doing.

Is DialIdol usually reliable for late-stage DWTS? It's got one person emphatically in the red/predicted for elimination. Yay, it's not Kirstie!

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Checking in to see how Kirsitie is doing. Is DialIdol usually reliable for late-stage DWTS? It's got one person emphatically in the red/predicted for elimination. Yay, it's not Kirstie!If I recall from last week or the week before, it was very wrong, as the team it had definitely marked for elimination (by a wide margin) is still dancing and who it had as the "most safe" was eliminated. DialIdol predictions have definitely not been reliable for DWTS.

LuckyCharm
05-18-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm actually enjoying looking back at these old freestyle routines.

ETA: A lot of Kym tonight. That girl is fearless when it comes to lifts.

Allen
05-18-2011, 02:00 AM
I would have never thought about a Rhumba to Eyes on Fire, but I love it.

my little pony
05-18-2011, 02:09 AM
does pandaface say kristy and not kirstie?

soxxy
05-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Hines is in the finals. I'm shocked! j/k

Next week Kirstie says she hopes for less drama and "more aerials." :lol:

rfisher
05-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Stevie has aged well.

I'd think those open shirts flapping around would just be annoying. They should just let Dmitry dance without his.

Eden
05-18-2011, 02:16 AM
^
The shirts are so distracting. The don't let us enjoy the :swoon: body they have ;)