PDA

View Full Version : DWTS 5/16-17 It's NECK and neck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

nubka
05-17-2011, 03:50 AM
I just want to vote off Mark :lol: His black & white shoes, shaved head are even more annoying to me tonight!

Oh noooooo. I luvs Mark! :) :) :)

shan
05-17-2011, 04:37 AM
Aww I love Hines! He always makes me smile!! I'm pulling for he and Kirstie to make the finals. I also wouldn't mind Ralph. Chelsea is just meh for me.

pollyanna
05-17-2011, 05:08 AM
My biggest problem with Chelsea's Argentine tango was the music...it was used for Gilles' perfect tango in Season 8. Chelsea's version could not compare.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTh7nOzBmSA

Thank you! That was HAWT! :swoon:

Cheylana
05-17-2011, 05:11 AM
I think maybe DWTS needs to get over itself a bit. It's not a "real" dance talent contest, nor does it seem to actually boost anyone's career...even on ABC.

I get that ABC would like to give more exposure to its own in-house starlets (Chelsea) though really maybe they should get a clue that if as good a dancer as she is and as young and good-looking as she is and she STILL can't beat the Karate Kid, well...maybe that should tell them something about their stars.
It's not about propping up Chelsea; it's the show's unhealthy obsession with Derek Hough and Mark Ballas. Derek's not on this season, so the show is desperate to give Mark his third MBT. Which is too bad because I can't stand the little showboating douchebag! :rolleyes:

screech
05-17-2011, 06:55 AM
The Hines love bugs me. The focus in all of his dances is on Kym. He did almost nothing in their tango, and just a few moves in the salsa. He also moves around her a bit awkwardly - does a few small shuffly steps, then one giant one to turn directions. I think their tango was a well choreographed dance, and Kym was amazing in it, but Hines did NOT deserve those scores with what he 'did'. I would have been *okay* with 9s, but 10s? And same with the Salsa. I find that in their dances the focus is on Kym, and his smile, and that's it. He doesn't *dance*. He's cheerful, so that makes him likeable as a person and overshadows the lack of dancing. IMO.

I also don't get why Kirstie didn't get 10s. IMO if the judges don't find anything to criticize in their comments, then 10s are deserved. To me she was better than Hines tonight by far. In both dances! And can I say kudos to her for her amazingly improved stamina? And does anyone else think that Maks must have it written somewhere in his contract that he must show x% of his chest each week? Not that I'm complaining...

Chelsea deserved to be in 1st tonight, though overall I found her kind of stiff and like her various body parts were disjointed. Her posture just looked a bit weird and she looked lost at times. But overall she is by far the best dancer on the show right now.

Ralph and Karina... sigh.

Cyn
05-17-2011, 07:40 AM
I've been dancing salsa (and listening to the music) since I was 18, and I've never seen it danced like that. Every Puerto Rican who is watching this right now is probably throwing things at the TV screen.

You dance salsa? I must not have picked up on that tidbit the previous 4760362 times you posted about it on FSU :blah: .

skaternum
05-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Current musings:

Chelsea's upper body really bothers me. It's weak and stiff. I can't believe the judges haven't commented on it. Oh, wait! They're trying to prop her up to win, that's why.

I abhor Mark Ballas. He may be a perfectly nice guy in person, but his onstage personality is obnoxious.

Kirstie's arms are still weird, but she made them work pretty well in the cha cha and V Waltz.

I think Ralph's time to depart is at hand. He's been pretty mediocre for the last few weeks. Karina needs to dial down the Sex Bomb a little. I think she's crossed the boundary here lately.

pixie cut
05-17-2011, 02:56 PM
I think Ralph's time to depart is at hand. He's been pretty mediocre for the last few weeks. Karina needs to dial down the Sex Bomb a little. I think she's crossed the boundary here lately.

Since no one else has commented, I'll be the catty one. Karina appears to have totally overdone the Botox and lip plumper. She looks ridiculous.

ks777
05-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Ralph needs to go. Actually I really enjoy Hines. I would be upset if Chelsea didn't make the final. I still don't get Kirstie love. I know she is old and fat but nothing special to me. Sorry I am judging based on the performances, not their age.

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 04:02 PM
I would be upset if Chelsea didn't make the final.With their "winner take all" cha cha cushion, the judges have made sure that Chelsea is in the final, so you needn't fret one little bit. :rolleyes:
I still don't get Kirstie love. I know she is old and fat but nothing special to me. Sorry I am judging based on the performances, not their age.Sorry, you do seem to be judging based on age ... and weight. :slinkaway

Aceon6
05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
For entertainment value, Hines, Chelsea and Kirstie would be the right 3 in the final.

Rob
05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't find Chelsea that great with her legs, Mark was doing her favours with all that modern crap ;)

Neither do I - for someone who can make very nice lines, she hits a lot of awkward positions. She also kind of pogo sticks up and down on her feet instead of planting them solidly and getting her legs straight. It bugs me. I was underwhelmed with all of her dances this week.

The secret to Hines is what shan and rfisher say - the chemistry between the partners, his charming personality, and he's got some moves. Do not watch his pigeon toes or where he plants his feet. Just watch from the hips up.

Kirstie didn't blow me away this week either. She seemed a split second behind Maks several times. I still think she's a stitch so I enjoy the antics.

I liked Ralph's second dance, but he has faded from his strong start. I don't really know why the judges were so critical of him compared to the others.

But I still don't care who makes it through. They all have nice personalities, and none of them stack up to most of the finalists of past seasons. So any of the 4 will do. I wouldn't give any of the routines a 10. But some were fun.

I haven't recognized any of these salsas as salsa. Do these pros even know salsa? (Not that I really know salsa, but I have seen it and it usually doesn't look like this).

Aceon6
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I haven't recognized any of these salsas as salsa. Do these pros even know salsa? (Not that I really know salsa, but I have seen it and it usually doesn't look like this).

It's not part of the pro comp rota. IIRC, salsa comps are done by a different governing body than the ones that do standard, latin and smooth. The first time they had it (a few seasons ago), I remember Derek saying that he didn't know any of the steps and needed to do some homework.

skatingfan5
05-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Neither do I - for someone who can make very nice lines, she hits a lot of awkward positions. She also kind of pogo sticks up and down on her feet instead of planting them solidly and getting her legs straight. It bugs me. I was underwhelmed with all of her dances this week. There was something about her legs in the tango, especially during the first half, that seemed "off" to me, but I couldn't quite place my finger on what it was. She has had better performances other weeks than those last night.
The secret to Hines is what shan and rfisher say - the chemistry between the partners, his charming personality, and he's got some moves. Do not watch his pigeon toes or where he plants his feet. Just watch from the hips up. :lol: Yep. It's easier to ignore his feet in some dances than in others.
Kirstie didn't blow me away this week either. She seemed a split second behind Maks several times. I still think she's a stitch so I enjoy the antics. I thought that her paso was a bit rough, but I enjoy the K/M antics, too. :D
I liked Ralph's second dance, but he has faded from his strong start. I don't really know why the judges were so critical of him compared to the others.Likely they were trying to counteract his very strong fan support -- he was at the bottom by quite a bit in judges' scores last week, but still managed to outlast Romeo.
But I still don't care who makes it through. I care ... a bit. :shuffle: :lol:

Rob
05-17-2011, 04:21 PM
It's not part of the pro comp rota. IIRC, salsa comps are done by a different governing body than the ones that do standard, latin and smooth. The first time they had it (a few seasons ago), I remember Derek saying that he didn't know any of the steps and needed to do some homework.

I do recall that, but it has shown up several times over a few years now so I was wondering why they wouldn't have worked on by now. If they wanted to take it half way seriously, that is. I didn't think Argentine Tango was officially in any of the International or American sets either, but they seem to do more homework on that.