Hines 60
Chelsea 70

soxxy
05-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Ralph 6 points behind Kirstie.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Thanks.

I love Stevie. Gonna have to watch the results tomorrow (at least some of it).

Matryeshka
05-17-2011, 03:01 AM
I think maybe DWTS needs to get over itself a bit. It's not a "real" dance talent contest, nor does it seem to actually boost anyone's career...even on ABC.

I get that ABC would like to give more exposure to its own in-house starlets (Chelsea) though really maybe they should get a clue that if as good a dancer as she is and as young and good-looking as she is and she STILL can't beat the Karate Kid, well...maybe that should tell them something about their stars.

It might be better for TPTB to use this show to see who people actually LIKE and would want to see more of. Clearly, instead of shoving Chelsea down our throats, maybe they should be offering Kirstie a contract to do something.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-17-2011, 03:04 AM
I really wish they'd start releasing vote totals after the season is over.

I know I'd like to know how much Apolo won by, and how much Evan lost by. Things like that.

my little pony
05-17-2011, 03:06 AM
It might be better for TPTB to use this show to see who people actually LIKE and would want to see more of. Clearly, instead of shoving Chelsea down our throats, maybe they should be offering Kirstie a contract to do something.

i don't know, i feel like chelsea deserved to win what she won tonight. if anything, i feel like kirstie is being forced on me and has been all season. and heinz too to a lesser extent. and the poor slob lost in the mix who often deserves better is the karate kid.

Matryeshka
05-17-2011, 03:07 AM
I'd bet all of Uncle Dick's dollars AND donuts Evan won the popular vote in his season.

suep1963
05-17-2011, 03:21 AM
You know, if the judges were that upset about Brandi not making the final, maybe they shouldn't have given Jennifer Grey such high scores. Brandi outdanced her week after week but scored lower every week.

The previews for Happy Endings and CougarTown look so horrible. Nothing that was shown would entice me to watch them.

Yes (to both statements) But really, those previews--that is the best they got? :scream:

I think Mom had the most hilarious statement tonight on Kirstie's first dance--"They have to waltz to THAT singer??!!??" :lol:

Garden Kitty
05-17-2011, 03:23 AM
I'd bet all of Uncle Dick's dollars AND donuts Evan won the popular vote in his season.

I don't usually see conspiracies, but after all the audience votes were in and counted, they did another judged dance which gave them the chance to manipulate the percentages by whatever amount they wanted.

I'm not sure why they'd want PussyCat Doll girl to win, but even creating the opportunity for manipulation raises questions they don't need to be raised. This winner take all is another blatant opportunity for manipulation as well.

Veronika
05-17-2011, 03:24 AM
My biggest problem with Chelsea's Argentine tango was the music...it was used for Gilles' perfect tango in Season 8. Chelsea's version could not compare.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTh7nOzBmSA

rfisher
05-17-2011, 03:27 AM

I don't know. Based on my, albeit small, sample size of the faculty lunchroom, he was 2nd all year.

Kirstie is popular because everybody relates to her in some way, Chelsie is popular and so is Hines. But then they also like Ralph which is why they are all the top four. I'd say Ralph will go tomorrow, but the voting public sometimes rallies when the judges show clear favoritism. I'll be sad for whoever goes, but someone will have to unless they declare a 4-way tie.

Matryeshka
05-17-2011, 03:28 AM
I don't usually see conspiracies, but after all the audience votes were in and counted, they did another judged dance which gave them the chance to manipulate the percentages by whatever amount they wanted.

I'm not sure why they'd want PussyCat Doll girl to win, but even creating the opportunity for manipulation raises questions they don't need to be raised. This winner take all is another blatant opportunity for manipulation as well.

At the time, Nicole was in talks to host/judge her own show on ABC, but it fell through, and now she's hosting the X Factor on FOX, I believe.

Veronika
05-17-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm still not getting the Hines love either...he just doesn't seem as good as the judges say that he is. I'm going to vote for everyone but Hines tonight--I'm sure he'll still make the final.

snoopysnake
05-17-2011, 03:43 AM
I just want to vote off Mark :lol: His black & white shoes, shaved head are even more annoying to me tonight!

That buzz cut he has now makes him look like Paul Winchell's dummy Knuckelhead Smiff (Jerry Mahoney's pal.) Not attractive. Hines can pull off the bald look, but Mark needs hair.

nubka
05-17-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm still not getting the Hines love either...he just doesn't seem as good as the judges say that he is. I'm going to vote for everyone but Hines tonight--I'm sure he'll still make the final.

Count me as well. I don't get it, either... :confused: