PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Fergus
07-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Poofy tulle veils need to be stopped. They just end up looking bunched up and sloppy. (NO offense to all the gals out there who wore 'em at their weddings, I'm sure it looked lovely. :D )

The tiara did look fabulous though!

I sort of dig Zara's swagger, she's definitely a sportsperson and seems to have the confidence that goes with it! :lol:

AragornElessar
07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
There are such things as dictionaries. :shuffle:

And there are less snobbish ways to tell someone that. Also in this day of the Internet, there are also more bad Google translations out there than anyone can shake a stick at. So when a word that *appears* to be garbled is seen in a translated piece, it's not that much of a stretch to assume it came from Google Translate.

But then, you would have missed the chance to "educate" us in such a snotty manner if you had figured that out, right?

Moving on...

I had a very long and bad night last night, so have only gotten up in the last hour (Oh, the joys of a blood sugar drop and then making sure it stays up afterwards...:rolleyes: ), therefore have not seen anything yet about Zara and Mike's Wedding. I'm working on it though. :D

mkats
07-30-2011, 09:33 PM
This may have been the first Kate outfit post-engagement that I really did not like. Unbaked Pizza Dough Hat (http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02ac0YT2Mwbw4/x610.jpg) is not flattering at all.

PDilemma
07-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Love Kate's hat although the dress is a little blah. I'm thinking Kate needs to start taking advice from Sophie, who really looks good. I'm not saying they have to become bosom buddies, but they did marry into The Family, so maybe Sophie can help Kate through the transitional period.

It was probably good for Kate to be a bit blah at this event. She is the superstar of the family at the moment and anything too exciting/flashy would easily upstage the bride, which is not a cool thing to do at a wedding. She seems to be aware of this as she recycled a dress last night and went very low key today.

And I'm sure that the "Firm" has given her plenty of advice on what to wear and what not to wear, particularly on the Canadian tour. More than Sophie ever received or ever will as Kate is presumably the future queen consort.

Oreo
07-30-2011, 10:23 PM
This site has the best wedding pictures I've seen yet:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/189727/20110730/zara-phillips-wedding-photos.htm

AragornElessar
07-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Good grief...The girl can't win. People complain if she wears something she's wore before and yet, if Kate had wore something new, she would have been raked over the coals for upstaging Zara.

I actually liked Kate's hat and think that she, Sophie and Beatrice were the fashion winners today. In fact, Sophie's had a really good Spring and Summer fashion wise at events.

Oh and apparently on one of the Royal Reporter blogs out there, Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits were chosen/styled by HM the Queen's Dresser, Angela Kelly. No wonder the girls looked not too bad today, or in the case of Bea, incredable. She really needs to wear that colour of blue/turquoise again. Looks incredable on her.

Gazpacho
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Not crazy about her look. I am not a fan of anything poofy or a dropped waist. The veil was not good.

Plus Zara somehow doesn't possess the panache/star power and above all, the elegance of Kate.I have a feeling that Zara would be insulted if she were described as elegant. She went for something that fits her offbeat tomboy-ish personality. That freedom of choice is a luxury that those in direct line for the throne don't have.

pollyanna
07-30-2011, 11:25 PM
LOVED Zara's tiara, and I loved, loved the back of her dress, with the buttons all the way down to the hem. Didn't love the front of the dress, but all in all, Zara looked beautiful. She's rather busty, isn't she? :lol:

Hated the bush on Camilla's head.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Sophie, and the Queen looked fab, classy and elegant. Kate's was not my favorite hat of the wedding, but it was still pretty cool looking.

I love the turquoise color on Princess Beatrice. Princess Anne :yikes:

My favorite hat was Princess Eugenie's. I think she looked fantastic.

ETA: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend is way cute. :grope:

ETAA: More photos (http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/07/30/kate-middleton-prince-william-royal-wedding-pics/#437733-0-073011_kate_middleton_prince_william_spl302236_008 )
and more (mostly Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie) (http://www.popsugar.com.au/Pictures-Princess-Beatrice-Princess-Eugenie-Arriving-Zara-Phillips-Mike-Tindalls-Wedding-18511731)

AragornElessar
07-30-2011, 11:35 PM
LOVED Zara's tiara, and I loved, loved the back of her dress, with the buttons all the way down to the hem. Didn't love the front of the dress, but all in all, Zara looked beautiful. She's rather busty, isn't she? :lol:

Hated the bush on Camilla's head.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Sophie, and the Queen looked fab, classy and elegant. Kate's was not my favorite hat of the wedding, but it was still pretty cool looking.

I love the turquoise color on Princess Beatrice. Princess Anne :yikes:

My favorite hat was Princess Eugenie's. I think she looked fantastic.

ETA: Princess Beatrice's boyfriend is way cute. :grope:

Bush? I described it to my Mom as that it looked like four or five birds had landed on Camilla's hat frame and then exploded!!

But...Either description works I guess. ;)

And yes, Princess Beatrice's boyfriend is very cute and I'm betting she and Dave are the next Royal Wedding and maybe even as soon as next Spring/Summer. *fingerscrossed*

nerdycool
07-30-2011, 11:39 PM
She's rather busty, isn't she? :lol: It's a family trait. It's managed to skip her mother, but that may just be because the Princess Royal is still so fit.

BTW, I found it interesting that William and Kate were called the Earl and Countess of Strathearn in the press. I thought only the Prince of Wales used Scottish titles when in Scotland. Prince Andrew wasn't called the Earl of Inverness, so it might be that only those in direct line use the Scottish titles there?

Latte
07-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Wedding pictures. Simple wedding dress but quite lovely. Love Kate's hat! Also must say, I also like what Beatrice is wearing (can't often say that!). Queen is in peach. And, what is that that Camilla is wearing on her head?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/30/zara-phillips-wedding-royals-athletes
Oh I love Camilla's flowers garden! And Eugenie and Bea look terrific for them.

IceAlisa
07-31-2011, 12:09 AM
I have a feeling that Zara would be insulted if she were described as elegant.

Then she has absolutely nothing to worry about. :D Although I am not sure how the uber-poofy veil fits in with the tomboyish thing she's got going.

AragornElessar
07-31-2011, 01:13 AM
And I think for me that's the problem w/the entire ensemble. The veil is wearing Zara and not the other way around. Plus, when has anyone ever seen a Royal Bride wearing a Tiara where the veil's *not* attached to the Tiara? I don't remember seeing one and I think that could have really helped matters today too.

JMO of course. :)

milanessa
07-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Build them up, tear them down. Where have I seen that before? :lol:

AragornElessar
07-31-2011, 05:04 PM
On a far more somber note...

Hello Magazine ~ Princess Mary of Denmark shows solidarity with Norway victims (http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201107285847/danish-royals-pay-respects-to-norway-bomb-victims-funeral/)

I did not know this before reading this article...

King Harald and Queen Sonja could hardly contain their emotions when they appeared in public.

The stepbrother of their daughter-in-law Mette-Marit was one of 76 people killed by right-wing extremist Anders Behring Breivik.

Trond Berntsen, 51, an off-duty policeman and the son of the princess's late stepfather, died while working as a security guard on the island of Utoya.

He attempted to challenge the gunman as he rampaged through the Labour Party youth camp.

:(