PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Fergus
07-10-2011, 01:03 AM
We are living in a state of KATEMANIA! :lol:

It seems some eagle-eye spotted an evening gown in a see-thru garment bag while they were at the airport in Yellowknife and the guess is that its for the BAFTA shin-dig. :rofl:

According to the article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2012566/Kate-Middleton-Is-Duchess-Cambridges-LA-BAFTA-party-dress.html), its nude pleated chiffon.

Bailey_
07-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Love the dress from the Polo match this afternoon. They have certainly begun a new life this week - will be hard to go back to their quiet life in Wales after this... I'm sure they will be thrilled to have some peace and quiet for a while but the rest of the world may not be very happy...

Fergus
07-10-2011, 04:34 AM
The dress for the BAFTA party was indeed a nude pleated chiffon! (http://www.daylife.com/photo/02Ce1OX1dU1RI?q=duchess+of+cambridge)

I'm sorta getting tired of some of the blogosphere critiques, almost begging for crazy accessories and "wickety whack" trimmings.

HRH is not a starlet or a celebutante or a reality tv whore: She's representing a friggin' NATION! She's gotta look classy & dignified......AND age-appropriate, not too twee and not too matronly.

And so far, she's knocked it outta the park! :cheer2:

nerdycool
07-10-2011, 04:51 AM
I'm sorta getting tired of some of the blogosphere critiques, almost begging for crazy accessories and "wickety whack" trimmings. Oh, I know! I just wanna know which Kate Middleton they've been following all these years. Because the one I've been following is not going to be the second coming of Queen Mary, and I've known that for quite some time.

PDilemma
07-10-2011, 04:23 PM
The dress for the BAFTA party was indeed a nude pleated chiffon! (http://www.daylife.com/photo/02Ce1OX1dU1RI?q=duchess+of+cambridge)

I'm sorta getting tired of some of the blogosphere critiques, almost begging for crazy accessories and "wickety whack" trimmings.

HRH is not a starlet or a celebutante or a reality tv whore: She's representing a friggin' NATION! She's gotta look classy & dignified......AND age-appropriate, not too twee and not too matronly.

And so far, she's knocked it outta the park! :cheer2:

It was lavendar/lilac not nude. I loved it. I am sick of the people begging for more skin as well. She has to adhere to a different standard because of her position.

And I'm hoping that her classier style influences fashion in general.

I thought last night, she stood out in a good way in a room full of bare shoulders and black.

I'm watching Say Yes to the Dress (I really am good at procrastinating) and all these women are searching for dresses that are more see through, more low cut and tackier than the last one. A little class would be refreshing!

IceAlisa
07-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't care for more or less skin but I would have liked to see something less boring.

Bailey_
07-10-2011, 04:59 PM
I thought both the Polo dress and the Gala dress were breathtaking. Yes, I will admit that I thought the Gala dress would have more color and be a little more glitz and glamor (it is Hollywood). But, it had a beautiful elegance that is in keeping with her style and her position. I loved it!

AragornElessar
07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I thought Kate looked fantastic last night at the Gala!!

I also am sick and tired of those who are complaining about this, that and the other. As, I think, nerdycool has said, they haven't been paying attention over the years if they think Kate's fashion sense goes to the over the top. It's beyond lovely to see a young person who not only knows how to dress for her age, but also dress in an elegant manner as well. God willing, this trickles into the stores for those of us that would love to see more looks like this overtake the sloppy look like you belong on a street corner clothing that's been around the last few years.

BTW...Does Jennifer Lopez own a dress that doesn't have pieces of the dress missing from it? Last night was tame for her, but this was not the occasion for a cut out dress like that. Then again, it's Jennifer Lopez, so...

Anyway...

Princess Diana Remembered ~ Prince William opens heart about Diana agony to three bereaved sisters (http://networkedblogs.com/kdBJq)

This took place in Yellowknife.

Hard to believe it all comes to an end today. It's been fun. :)

And now we have a Wedding to look forward to at the end of the month w/Zara and Mike's Wedding. Tiara guessing too. Can't wait!!! :D

Parsley Sage
07-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Loved Kate's gala dress and the grey dress for the polo match.

Hoping Zara wears the fringe tiara but I'm thinking it might be one of Princess Anne's.

Kate's earring last night were borrowed from the Queen. Has anyone id'd them yet?

skatesindreams
07-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Princess Diana Remembered ~ Prince William opens heart about Diana agony to three bereaved sisters

This took place in Yellowknife.

That was lovely.
Bless him!

mag
07-11-2011, 12:33 AM
...Hoping Zara wears the fringe tiara but I'm thinking it might be one of Princess Anne's....

I'm wondering if she will wear one at all. She isn't titled and strictly speaking only titled people are suppose to wear one. Most of us wouldn't stick to a rule like that if we had the opportunity to wear all those diamonds, but it is possible Zara will.

Skittl1321
07-11-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm wondering if she will wear one at all. She isn't titled and strictly speaking only titled people are suppose to wear one. Most of us wouldn't stick to a rule like that if we had the opportunity to wear all those diamonds, but it is possible Zara will.

All the Irish travelers were tiaras at their weddings!

:rofl::rofl:

AragornElessar
07-11-2011, 01:29 AM
And they're on their way home!! (http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=cambridge&assetType=image#)

What an utter and complete Triumph!! Well done and Congratulations Will and Kate!!

nerdycool
07-11-2011, 04:41 AM
They might be married now, but the story isn't going to die anytime soon.

Separate rooms/hotel during honeymoon for Charlene & Albert (http://www.celebitchy.com/167496/prince_albert_charlene_are_staying_in_separate_hot el_rooms_in_separate_hotels/)

I'm going to have to starting taking this with a grain of salt until something official comes out. It just seems as though people are adding sensationalized tidbits to keep readers.

mag
07-11-2011, 05:59 AM
And they're on their way home!! (http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=cambridge&assetType=image#)

What an utter and complete Triumph!! Well done and Congratulations Will and Kate!!

This hair do, half up, half down, is one of my favourites on Kate. It show off her great hair while keeping it out of her face.