PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Coco
07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
The Monaco wedding is a sad bookend to the British Royal Wedding in every possible way.

The dress is better, sure, but *shudder* that is no consolation to her if all these rumors are true.

mag
07-03-2011, 08:01 PM
First dress of Kate's I haven't liked...

I'm not sure about the dress ... hard to see in the pictures, but I wish she would match her shoes to her dress. I know the nude colour is all the rage, but she has great legs and I think shoes the same blue as the dress would look better. JMHO, of course.

floskate
07-03-2011, 08:04 PM
The Monaco wedding is a sad bookend to the British Royal Wedding in every possible way.

The dress is better, sure, but *shudder* that is no consolation to her if all these rumors are true.

This I agree with. I have never felt so uncomfortable watching a wedding ceremony as I did this. The dress was wonderful.....on her. If Kate had worn something similar - aka bridezilla meets supermodel - she would have been absolutely vilified in the British press I think. It's just not the done look over here for a Royal Wedding. Kate's was classic English Princess with a hint of contemporary. Charlene's was total catwalk which seems to fit in well with the image of the Grimaldi's anyway :lol:. But ITA Coco, the whole effect was ruined by the rumours and her own demeanour throughout the two day ordeal. (I use that word, because there really isn't any other fitting way to describe it, judging from the live streams.)

Rex
07-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Charlene looks like she wants not to be at her own wedding...when Albert kissed her, she looked extremely disappointed.

centerstage01
07-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I much preferred Kate's dress for several reasons, but the main reason is that nothing makes a bride more beautiful than happiness on her day. And Kate seemed to radiate joy along with William.

Charlene looked like she might have taken a Valium or two just to will herself to get through the ceremony. No bride should look like that on her wedding day. The dress was very pretty and I liked the diamonds in her hair, but she was not an elegant bride. She was just a bride. Here's hoping she gets pregnant fast and pops out a legit heir so she can get this farce of a marriage over with. Poor thing.

skatesindreams
07-03-2011, 09:04 PM
floskate, I wonder if Albert "settled" a large sum of money on Charlene so that she would go through with the wedding?

IceAlisa
07-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Didn't particularly care for Charlene's dress. Agree with the Valium comment. Sad.

mag
07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Didn't particularly care for Charlene's dress. Agree with the Valium comment. Sad.

ITA. I guess the old saying may be true ... money can't buy happiness. Hopefully she was just totally overwhelmed with it all and they are actually quite happy. I can hope, can't I?

nerdycool
07-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I haven't really admitted this to anyone, but right from the start I got the impression that he was just using her to get a legitimate heir. There's just something about the 2 of them together that just screams "fake!" Of course, I would love to be proven wrong, and certainly wish them happiness, but so far, they've done nothing to prove otherwise. Her body language speaks louder than words, and he gives off this proud air of someone who just bought himself a new toy that will solve all his problems. Yeah, I suppose he could be proud... she is gorgeous after all, but that's not the kind of pride I'm picking up on.

Fergus
07-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Didn't particularly care for Charlene's dress.

From the front, I thought the dress, hair, and veil were spot-on perfect. She looked stunning.

Unfortunately, from behind, the proportions were way off. The train had that dragged fabric look, sort of like Letizia of Spain's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2CCAVAEEU&feature=related) wedding dress (go to 3:18).

Cathedral length tulle veils also tend to end up looking bunched up and sloppy. There was just too much competition betwixt the fabrics trailing behind her!

IMHO, it just felt like a rather hectic, unfocused sort of affair. Le sigh. :(

Parsley Sage
07-04-2011, 12:51 AM
This I agree with. I have never felt so uncomfortable watching a wedding ceremony as I did this. The dress was wonderful.....on her. If Kate had worn something similar - aka bridezilla meets supermodel - she would have been absolutely vilified in the British press I think. It's just not the done look over here for a Royal Wedding. Kate's was classic English Princess with a hint of contemporary. Charlene's was total catwalk which seems to fit in well with the image of the Grimaldi's anyway :lol:. But ITA Coco, the whole effect was ruined by the rumours and her own demeanour throughout the two day ordeal. (I use that word, because there really isn't any other fitting way to describe it, judging from the live streams.)

The Canadian public access channel rebroadcast Will and Kate's wedding last night so I was able to watch the two weddings yesterday. There was just more joy at Will and Kate's wedding.

Both brides looked stunning in their dresses but to me, Kate had a more timeless look.

Coco
07-04-2011, 01:13 AM
(H)e gives off this proud air of someone who just bought himself a new toy that will solve all his problems. Yeah, I suppose he could be proud... she is gorgeous after all, but that's not the kind of pride I'm picking up on.

Yes, totally. There's a picture of him touching her on the thigh during the ceremony, and I know it's just one moment in time, BUT...it just looks a tad disrepectful.

centerstage01
07-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Back to the actual happy newlyweds, this (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6ABwbvOFeEA/Tg_4_8-qf4I/AAAAAAAAAKc/4JmAYUrSrt8/s1600/will+and+kate+fireworks.jpg) picture is taken during the fireworks from Friday and is such a sweet photo!

Carmen Ovsiannikov
07-04-2011, 07:39 AM
floskate, I wonder if Albert "settled" a large sum of money on Charlene so that she would go through with the wedding?

I'm not floskate but from what I read on another celebrity forum that's exactly what happened.

Apparently Princess Charlene ran off (or attempted to) three times (:eek:) right before the wedding. Her passport was taken but she wasn't "forced" to stay. Albert and co. talked to her to convince to her stay and the talk included the offer of a generous financial payment to stay and go through with the marriage. From what that poster said if Charlene still wanted to leave she would have been allowed to before the marriage and supposedly even after the wedding she would still have been free to leave. I'm not sure I believe that she could have left post wedding.

I was also surprised after reading several other message boards that the new Princess isn't all that popular in Monaco and is seen as a gold digger among other things. If the above story is indeed true it's not going to help her reputation. OTOH, once she gives birth to one or two children I'd imagine that she and Albert will probably live seperate lives until it's time to make a public appearance.

Very sad and unfortunate. I can't imagine any amount of cash would make me stay in the type of situation Charlene is allegedly in.

Oreo
07-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Back to the actual happy newlyweds, this (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6ABwbvOFeEA/Tg_4_8-qf4I/AAAAAAAAAKc/4JmAYUrSrt8/s1600/will+and+kate+fireworks.jpg) picture is taken during the fireworks from Friday and is such a sweet photo!

I love this photo! Thanks so much for the link.