PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Fergus
07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
"The Prayer of St. Francis" is lovely in French.

Well, I mean everything is, but this especially so!

HisWeirness
07-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Kate in purple from yesterday: :)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010322/Kate-Middleton-Prince-Williams-royal-tour-Canada-Day-2011-red-hot.html

Charlene in her dress:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010582/The-Princess-bride-Monaco-comes-standstill-stunning-Charlene-Prince-Albert-say-vows-official-ceremony.html

pollyanna
07-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Still watching the link Fergus provided :) and I must repeat, Charlene's dress is STUNNING.

floskate
07-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Is she crying from happiness or because she didn't quite escape on that plane to South Africa? :eek:

Fergus
07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
It was a very unique wedding. The bride looked lovely, Mr. Armani indeed did a fantastic job and it looked gorgeous on her, and I hope they will be very happy together! :40beers:

Oy vey. :slinkaway

pollyanna
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Is she crying from happiness or because she didn't quite escape on that plane to South Africa? :eek:

:lol: My thought was that she was crying because she thought the 2 young girls singing to them were sweet and touching.

I hope Charlene can be happy in this marriage.

skatesindreams
07-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I wondered about that; but, I too, hope that she can be happy.
As you said, pollyanna, she made a stunning bride.

victorskid
07-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Meanwhile, back in Ottawa... William & Kate planted a tree (actually each threw a couple of shovels full of dirt around the base of an already planted tree) in the royal grove at Rideau Hall. While there they met with a number of long-married couples, some of whom celebrated an anniversary on their wedding day. From there they went to the War Museum and met with 25 veterans from all campaigns from World War Two through Afghanistan (and their families) and some war brides. One of vets was actually with the British Army in WWII and he and his wife were married the same year as the Queen & Prince Philip.

They spent a lot of time chatting and visiting before unveiling a new museum acquisition (a huge, unfinished mural). They are now on the way to the airport to fly to Montreal. A very successful first phase of their Canadian tour. They are running behind schedule but don't appear to want to rush, taking time for everyone, including some of those waiting outside the museum.

Kate's wardrobe info - a short-sleeved grey Catherine Walker dress with detail in the back. Quite plain & "sombre" geared to the seriousness of their visit with the vets. I suspected there would be a new outfit for the Montreal arrival but was wrong :)

my little pony
07-02-2011, 09:03 PM
I love the little bridesmaids' dresses! They look like little props from Busch Gardens.

AYS
07-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Charlene and her dress and Charlene *in* her dress are stunning!

Parsley Sage
07-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Kate is wearing the same grey Catherine Walker dress in Montreal,

AragornElessar
07-02-2011, 09:34 PM
They've just left the airport in Montreal and headed for St. Justine. To me, this and tomorrow in Quebec City, are the most important days of this Visit.

Getting caught up on Monaco Wedding stuff. When I got up this morning, I felt beyond awful for some odd reason and my tummy was doing loops that the Snowbirds would have been proud of. I took two Gravol, went back to bed and consider myself lucky it didn't kick in until after the Ladies Final at Wimbledon. So I missed everything at the War Museum, but know I can catch it later on CPAC at some point.

It was the Afghanistan Fallen Mural they unveiled, right? I saw an interview w/the artist a couple of weeks ago and he said it won't be officially finished until every single Canadian soldier is out of Afghanistan and back home. I hope and pray there doesn't need to have any additions made to it.

I really liked Catherine's outfit when they came off the plane in Montreal. I'm thinking it's the same dress she wore this morning in Ottawa from the sound of it.

Was watching The National last night and those culinary students they're going to be meeting later? They didn't know who or what they were preparing for until only a few weeks ago. All they'd been told was that they had been chose to take part in a very special assignment and honour for the Culinary Insititute. The one girl was working on a Dessert Centrepiece and it was pretty impressive looking even in the rough, just popped out of the mold look it was in.

She/They'd created a round clear sugar "ball" which will be the carriage and she was working on the horses when the reporter/camera crew was filming her. She had four in front of her and they looked like they were White Chocolate. She said, and I'm going from memory here, she/they had made something like twenty horses and those were the only ones who had turned out so far.

Wish we could get some sort of a picture of that. Just so we could see how it all turned out and looked once all of the decorating/many many touches had been put on it.

Right now on CPAC to fill in the time between the airport and St. Justine's, they're showing a docu piece of Royal Visits of the past, w/the majority of concentrating on King George VI and Queen Elizabeth's (The Queen Mum) Historic Tour of 1939. One thing I didn't know until I saw this earlier in the week, was that the King didn't stuter when speaking French. The people of Quebec took great pride in the fact His Majesty spoke French wonderfully, but had a horrible time speaking in English.

For those who haven't seen this, try to find out when it'll be back on, because it truly is facsinating.

And they're at St. Justine's!!

Parsley Sage
07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Kate and William wearing chefs outfits for their cooking workshop in Montreal.

sweetsparky
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Apparently the Spaniards are not there.

There has been lot of rumors about whom, if someone, would attend the ceremony.

Although the invitation was addressed to the King, he usually doesn´t attend these kind of ceremonies and he had gone under surgery recently and (even if is kind of taboo for the press) hasn´t been in great shape lately, so everybody thought Prince Felipe would attend.

Then it was published no one would go to Monaco, what was very shocking, then it was said that Prince Felipe would go but it was quickly officially denied, and there was a rumor (unbelievable) that the King was considering to attend. All of this just like two weeks before the wedding.

In the end the initial statement became official, and nobody attended (although I´m not sure if the King´s sister (Infanta Pilar) did go but on her own will, because she has been for a long time partner of Prince Alberto in the IOC)

Really, really shocking, considering that King Juan Carlos and Prince Raniero had a very good and close relationship.

Newspaper had been remembering how the relationship with Prince Alberto moved to a very cold state after the 2012 Olympic bid (Madrid was candidate and the Queen attended the presentation) when his question about security was received with initial disbelief and after was a source of not hidden outrage. Also it has been rumored that it was Luis Alfonso de Borbón, Duke of Anjou, and pretender to France crown, personal invitation to the wedding what determined this anomalous situation.

Honestly, it´s very strange that they didn´t even send one of, or both, King´s daughters :confused:

Anyway, moving to what really matters, I really liked Charlene Wittstock´s wedding dress, she looked great.

Parsley Sage
07-02-2011, 11:45 PM
William is using a piping bag and Kate is using a knife.