PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Jenny
07-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Unless she recently got a new passport, she should be able to travel on her pre marriage passport. Does the royal family have special passports? The Queen doesn't have a passport herself.

I didn't see them head to the customs and immigration line to surrender any passports when they landed in Ottawa today. :P

AragornElessar
07-01-2011, 05:31 AM
In one of my many books on Diana in my Library/Collection there's a picture of the first page of her Passport and two things struck me right off the bat when I saw it.

1. Under Name, it had Her Royal Highness Diana Frances, Princess of Wales. IIRC no last name.

2. As danceronice said, under Occupation it stated Princess of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I'm assuming Kate's is the same kind of Passport, which would fall under a Diplomatic Passport, wouldn't it? I'd think for a Diplomatic Passport, you would have to state your Occupation, because there's many other things that need doing at a Country's Embassy/Consulate that an Ambassador can't handle. Such as a Member of the Legal Staff or any Under Ambassador, lower level Members of a respective Diplomatic Corps.

At least that's what I'm assuming that Diana's and now Kate's Passport would be.

And on that note...I need to get to bed, as tomorrow's a rather busy one.

Oh and w/it being after Midnight here...

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!! :)

mag
07-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Happy Canada Day!

Frau Muller
07-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry but I don't see the big deal about Kate - cold as ice, compared to Diana. Comes across as calculating. I cannot feel the sweetness & warmth but maybe others do.

I find the wedding news from Monaco far more interesting.

The Monaco Royal Wedding & festivities will be aired LIVE (including free online streaming) on the FRANCE-2 network. Official wedding is at 5pm tomorrow, Monaco time, so I am guessing around 11am, Eastern USA time. Link to website with free online streaming: http://info.france2.fr/mariage-prince-albert/

Fergus
07-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Big day today for us Royal freaks! :biggrinbo

Monaco civil ceremony kicks off in two hours & the Cambridges on Parliament Hill at high noon!

Toss in Wimbledon Men's Semis and its a little :yikes: and :swoon: at the same time!

Happy Canada Day to our neighbors up north! :cheer2:

redonthehead
07-01-2011, 02:27 PM
As Aragorn also points out, the issue isn't really anyone referring to her as "Kate" but the matter of using "Middleton" as if they are not actually married yet.

And my point was....it's how people know her. Whether she's just called "Kate/Kate Middleton" that's who she was until 2 months ago. Over time people will stop using it.

Personally I would rather her still be referred to as Kate Middleton than Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. Princess/Lady Kate would be better to me. (Yes I know she wasn't made a princess or lady but come on.....Kate, Duchess of Cambridge is too stuffy!)

The "Middleton" thing bugs me, too. It's not like she's got some other job where she has a professional identity. "Kate" is casual, but she IS married now.

Then again, what's on her passport? Maybe she was very modern and kept her maiden name....

Yes and they've been married 2 months not 2 years. Give it time.

I guess I still don't get royal protical....who all gets to use HRH?

rfisher
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
It's so funny that you royal watchers all still want to believe in True Love. :) Charlene Wittstock knows exactly what she's going to get when she marries Albert and being in LURVE isn't it. That little trip to the airport just upped her allowance. Smart girl.

redonthehead
07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Awww. It's wonderful that they turn to each other for support (as you hope all married couples would) and I hope they continue to do so.

I think so too. As I was watching the live feed yesterday, when they turned to go into Rideau House (?), you could see William put his arm around Kate in the hall. I love how in pictures, they're standing close / he has his hand at her waist or the photographer has managed to catch one or the other looking at the other and you can see the love there. So, different from his mom and dad. They were supposed to be the "fairytale" couple/marriage and weren't. I think even though it took them so long to get married, that Kate and Wills have managed to actually have what it takes to have the fairytale.

Jenny
07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Sorry but I don't see the big deal about Kate - cold as ice, compared to Diana. Comes across as calculating. I cannot feel the sweetness & warmth but maybe others do.

Maybe you can't see it because you are a nasty person. Now leave us alone please.

Parsley Sage
07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
CPAC is broadcasting the citizenship ceremony that William and Kate are attending

Kate is wearing a creamy-white dress with a small red hat with a maple leaf on it.

Parsley Sage
07-01-2011, 03:36 PM
She is also wearing some bling! I suspect it's a brooch borrowed from HM the Queen.

Frau Muller
07-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I wonder if today's civil wedding & post-reception will be carried on live TV?

Parsley Sage
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
The brooch is a diamond maple leaf.

Parsley Sage
07-01-2011, 04:10 PM
video from last night's BBQ. at around 2:41 in the video, William talks to Tessa Virtue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDFes5Ex5s

victorskid
07-01-2011, 04:21 PM
The brooch is a diamond maple leaf.

It is the Queen's maple leaf brooch. The dress is "recycled" - the cream Reiss engagement dress. The fascinator is red and topped with maple leaves :)

Apparently the hat is from Sylvia Fletcher at Lock and Co.