PDA

View Full Version : Vivat Rex, Vivat Regina!: The Royalty Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Latte
06-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Well, now I can't wait until the wedding to see if she goes through with it.:watch:

skatingfan5
06-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Well, now I can't wait until the wedding to see if she goes through with it.:watch:If not, then I foresee a Lifetime movie "inspired by true events": Runaway Royal Bride -- complete with her bolting from the church, running down to the beach, taking a dive into the Mediterranean in her wedding gown, and then swimming to freedom. Too bad Esther Williams-style musicals are no longer the rage. :lol:

Jenny
06-30-2011, 10:45 PM
I was also commenting more on the use of "Middleton" than Kate. The Kate doesn't bother me.

Oh, point taken.

Coco
06-30-2011, 11:44 PM
If not, then I foresee a Lifetime movie "inspired by true events": Runaway Royal Bride -- complete with her bolting from the church, running down to the beach, taking a dive into the Mediterranean in her wedding gown, and then swimming to freedom. Too bad Esther Williams-style musicals are no longer the rage. :lol:

OMG - love it :)

But seriously, I hope things work out for them, um, I mean her.

LynnW
07-01-2011, 12:04 AM
I love how the headline basically reads, "Passport confiscated because we're gonna force her to stay in Monaco and marry Albert."

:eek:

Nothing says true love like holding your "loved one" hostage. It doesn't sound like the basis of a good marriage. If this is true, I hope she gets out. :scream:

PDilemma
07-01-2011, 12:10 AM
If not, then I foresee a Lifetime movie "inspired by true events": Runaway Royal Bride -- complete with her bolting from the church, running down to the beach, taking a dive into the Mediterranean in her wedding gown, and then swimming to freedom. Too bad Esther Williams-style musicals are no longer the rage. :lol:

I would so watch that. :slinkaway

AragornElessar
07-01-2011, 12:35 AM
CPAC is reshowing William and Kate's Wedding right now!!

star_gazer11
07-01-2011, 12:37 AM
I somehow missed this handy Global News site (http://royalwedding.globalnews.ca/) during the wedding. William's address with French is here (http://royalwedding.globalnews.ca/Videos/?releasePID=sU_1IhjaV4IbuDsy_CSRAaSr4DVoVaJD).

Carmen Ovsiannikov
07-01-2011, 02:26 AM
:eek:

Nothing says true love like holding your "loved one" hostage. It doesn't sound like the basis of a good marriage. If this is true, I hope she gets out. :scream:

I got a laugh out of the fact that the U.S. press never mentioned anything about the Monaco Royal wedding until (unfortunately) there was something negative and juicy to report. :rolleyes:

How long has Charlene Wittstock been dating Albert? By now it should have come as no surprise that her future husband has many skeletons in his closet. Not that I don't feel badly for her and from what I've read she wouldn't be the first royal bride to be who wanted out before the nuptials took place. Both Lady Diana and from what I read Grace Kelly changed their minds at the last minute but had to go through with it anyway.

Maybe we might actually get some footage of the wedding if it takes place for no other reason than for the press to try and interpret every facial expression and their body language. :blah:

IceAlisa
07-01-2011, 02:41 AM
Nice looks for Kate but is she getting even thinner?

:eek: about the Monaco scandal.

AragornElessar
07-01-2011, 03:37 AM
From The Telegraph...

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Royal tour of Canada: Kate given rapturous welcome in Ottawa (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/kate-middleton/8610013/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middletons-Royal-tour-of-Canada-Kate-given-rapturous-welcome-in-Ottawa.html)

A friend of ours bopped in for a few minutes earlier tonight, just to let us know they were up at their Cottage and she and I were both wondering the same thing about tomorrow...

Will they be getting updates from Wimbledon and Andy Murray's Semi Final Match w/Rafa Nadal at various points during the morning or will someone tape/burn a copy of it for them to watch later?

:D ;) :D

centerstage01
07-01-2011, 03:49 AM
After the couple got into their waiting car at the war memorial, their first major test of the trip over, the Duchess showed her affection - and relief - by cuddling into her husband's shoulder, prompting an approving smile in return.

Awww. It's wonderful that they turn to each other for support (as you hope all married couples would) and I hope they continue to do so.

danceronice
07-01-2011, 04:33 AM
The "Middleton" thing bugs me, too. It's not like she's got some other job where she has a professional identity. "Kate" is casual, but she IS married now.

Then again, what's on her passport? Maybe she was very modern and kept her maiden name....

Parsley Sage
07-01-2011, 04:41 AM
The "Middleton" thing bugs me, too. It's not like she's got some other job where she has a professional identity. "Kate" is casual, but she IS married now.

Then again, what's on her passport? Maybe she was very modern and kept her maiden name....

Unless she recently got a new passport, she should be able to travel on her pre marriage passport. Does the royal family have special passports? The Queen doesn't have a passport herself.

mag
07-01-2011, 04:52 AM
I remember an article when Charles and Diana came to Canada and it talked about Diana's passport. Apparently under occupation it said "Princess of the United Kingdom." I didn't realize that some passports listed an occupation. I hold two passports from different commonwealth countries and neither list an occupation.

With regard to Kate's passport, I'm sure the British government was able to rush a new one through for her.